• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

DL thread

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hurst is the only d-lineman I'd take at 16 that has a chance of actually being there. Hurst and Henry together in a single gap attacking defense with Williams and Suggs and/or Judon on the edge could be really damn good.

If Ridley, Nelson, and the top few OTs are gone, I have no problem getting a guy that can get huge interior pressure and then going WR or TE in the second.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Hurst is the only d-lineman I'd take at 16 that has a chance of actually being there. Hurst and Henry together in a single gap attacking defense with Williams and Suggs and/or Judon on the edge could be really damn good.

If Ridley, Nelson, and the top few OTs are gone, I have no problem getting a guy that can get huge interior pressure and then going WR or TE in the second.
Taven Bryan as well.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
It really is a shame that the Ravens aren't looking for a d-lineman this year. Hurst, Vita Vea, and Taven Bryan would all be great picks at 16.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Not going to lie, I could definitely see Minkah Fitz dropping to us. Cornerbacks legit always fall from the top. It has happened a few years straight and it's not impossible it happens again. In 2016, many were talking about Vernon Hargreaves going top 5, or right around to us. Last year, talk of Lattimore and Hooker being top 5 picks. Same thing happened (11,15) THe only teams I can see taking him are the Browns, Fins, and Bungals. I think Derwin James will go to either the Fins or Bungles TBH because guys will fall in love with how athletic he is and the lure of the next Sean Davis. Browns go QB and RB. You never know. Of course, a run on QB's would have to happen, but that part is likely. We will see, but out of all our dream players, he might be the most likely.

UKRaven

Practice Squad
Not going to lie, I could definitely see Minkah Fitz dropping to us. Cornerbacks legit always fall from the top. It has happened a few years straight and it's not impossible it happens again. In 2016, many were talking about Vernon Hargreaves going top 5, or right around to us. Last year, talk of Lattimore and Hooker being top 5 picks. Same thing happened (11,15) THe only teams I can see taking him are the Browns, Fins, and Bungals. I think Derwin James will go to either the Fins or Bungles TBH because guys will fall in love with how athletic he is and the lure of the next Sean Davis. Browns go QB and RB. You never know. Of course, a run on QB's would have to happen, but that part is likely. We will see, but out of all our dream players, he might be the most likely.

Would love this.

My ideal draft sees us nab one of the WR's with 1st or 2nd and a TE with the other. But Fitz is one of the exceptions to this rule! Just make sure with the 2nd rounder we are willing to trade up and be aggressive to get a WR or one of the TE's

Those guys you mentioned had issues that teams were worried about Hargreaves was undersized, Lattimore and Hooker had injury issues. Elite DBs without those issues went high look at Ramsey and Jamal Adams. Minkah is in the same boat as those two.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I agree somewhat but if he hinders the development of Williams and Bowser that's a massive issue in my eyes.
Yeah there's that, but is it really his fault if Pees refused no matter what to let them play? I mean, he's just doing what he's paid for, the rest he can't control. Btw, he's kind of playing out of position on the outside.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Don't threaten me with a good time. If Fitzpatrick is on the board at 16 Ozzie will be fumbling for his phone.