• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Bengals, The 3rd Team and The When Will The Injuries End?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
and i dont think they punted once in the entire game
Correct, they did not. Basically just killed us in the first half. Four straight TD drives, three of which started from inside their own 30.
I guess looking back on it it's really 4/6 in the red zone, which isn't that impressive. The 7th red zone trip was the last possession of the game where they took a knee, so that shouldn't really count as a stop.

When you consider they ran 70 offensive snaps, and only 12 were on 3rd/4th down, that pretty much tells you all you need to know about how productive they were on early downs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Bateman will be a stud, I'm so impressed from what I've seen from him, I'm confident he's the #1 we've been waiting for. This will make letting Watkins go an easy decision.

oh dont get me wrong i love bateman - i just put i that way to point out that hollywood has been steadily accumulating even in games that arent planned around him and his skillset and that bateman has flashed but hollywood out-produced him even in this last game with josh johnson and no deep shots

hollywood's ADOT (average depth of target) has been under 7 yards per target only three times this year - two of those three have been the last 2 games with lamar out as the starter

and despite the lack of ADOT he's still averaging nearly 70 ypg for the season which despite that recent downturn still puts him in the top 20 in the NFL

he's 12th in the league in receptions (andrews is 7th)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Correct, they did not. Basically just killed us in the first half. Four straight TD drives, three of which started from inside their own 30.
I guess looking back on it it's really 4/6 in the red zone, which isn't that impressive. The 7th red zone trip was the last possession of the game where they took a knee, so that shouldn't really count as a stop.

When you consider they ran 70 offensive snaps, and only 12 were on 3rd/4th down, that pretty much tells you all you need to know about how productive they were on early downs.

which is completely expected once they stopped running the ball

Tank

Hall of Famer
but what does that even mean and who actually would you suggest is a #1 in this league right now?
and what's the cutoff for how they should be paid?

the receiver market is a mess right now

Cooper Kupp, Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Keenan Allen, Mike Evans, etc., etc.. The cutoff? The market and cap will determine that when the time comes. I think the guys I mentioned are mostly at $15 mil. to $20 mil..

Tank

Hall of Famer
and that's despite the downfield passing game disappearing because of scheme and QB play - he's still the number 2 weapon in this offence even when the downfield element completely disappears and we play with backups...
Just my opinion and we'll see what happens, but with more playing time it would seem that Bateman will become the much more consistent and dependable option as WR1.

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer

all i can make out is harbs starting by saying something like "do you think it's time for our offence..." couldn't get the end of it but i wonder if he's asking for EDC's opinion on pulling starters and i think EDC says something about timeouts...

Not sure if you saw it, but JJ's lips were an easy read after he threw the pick. Paraphrasing, but it seemed he was blaming his mother. lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Cooper Kupp, Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Keenan Allen, Mike Evans, etc., etc.. The cutoff? The market and cap will determine that when the time comes. I think the guys I mentioned are mostly at $15 mil. to $20 mil..

im assuming stefon diggs and deandre hopkins as well then... amari cooper too? and justin jefferson on his rookie deal also?

hopkins at 27.5m is an outlier
and adams, diggs and kupp are all underpaid having ascended to the top of the game after they were paid which probably puts the range at somewhere between 16.5-21.5m

but looking more generally at the market - if you want to retain a good but not elite WR you're looking at somewhere between 14-17m/yr

Tank

Hall of Famer
im assuming stefon diggs and deandre hopkins as well then... amari cooper too? and justin jefferson on his rookie deal also?

hopkins at 27.5m is an outlier
and adams, diggs and kupp are all underpaid having ascended to the top of the game after they were paid which probably puts the range at somewhere between 16.5-21.5m

but looking more generally at the market - if you want to retain a good but not elite WR you're looking at somewhere between 14-17m/yr
Maybe just me(?), but I don't see Hollywood being on par with anyone you or I mentioned.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Burrow is being beyond cocky , making snarky comments about how nothing Wink did would work in the first or second half. We need to destroy this cocky fuck. Congratulations you beat a practice squad

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

How did we run it up? These guys are out of control, too bad our defense and players don’t care to play nastier . We need to kill, fucking kill Burrow next game

rossihunter2

Staff Member

How did we run it up? These guys are out of control, too bad our defense and players don’t care to play nastier . We need to kill, fucking kill Burrow next game

hardly been on twitter since the game yesterday but bengals fans (and even some media) have been absolutely rabid - toxic as hell lol

i guess that's what happens when you support the bengals who havent won a playoff game since 1990 and havent ever won a superbowl

flying way too close to the sun lol

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

I believe Burrow is referencing a game last season vs the Ravens when the Ravens were up like 27-0 or so? Wink kept blitzing the hell out of Burrow and that Bengals offense trying to pitch a shutout. They ended up getting an FG to prevent the shutout and Wink was pissed. Burrow never forgot that and of course; responded by torching the Ravens defense for 525 yards yesterday. He didn't give a damn whether or not the Ravens were riddled with IR and Covid-19 players or 2nd, 3rd stringers and signing cats off the street (so to speak) to play defense. He didn't give a damn and I don't blame him! I love the smack talk-I love it!

Just as long as he remembers that Karma is a: _________, and it may come back upon him sooner than he expected.

GO RAVENS!

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Wink was still sending crazy pressure last year late into the game. Don't like it, stop it. Simple. No one here said anything when we were beating their ass. Don't get mad now.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I believe Burrow is referencing a game last season vs the Ravens when the Ravens were up like 27-0 or so? Wink kept blitzing the hell out of Burrow and that Bengals offense trying to pitch a shutout. They ended up getting an FG to prevent the shutout and Wink was pissed. Burrow never forgot that and of course; responded by torching the Ravens defense for 525 yards yesterday. He didn't give a damn whether or not the Ravens were riddled with IR and Covid-19 players or 2nd, 3rd stringers and signing cats off the street (so to speak) to play defense. He didn't give a damn and I don't blame him! I love the smack talk-I love it!

Just as long as he remembers that Karma is a: _________, and it may come back upon him sooner than he expected.

GO RAVENS!
The old Ravens defense (besides not allowing this to happen to begin with) would of laid a much deserved shot on Burrow. They are talking insane levels of shit and making shit up to justify stat padding on 11th stringers