• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2022

Simba

Staff Member
Maybe he wants to take a rest from all the extra crap HC job carries and just become OC for us?

I think it's more likely that he saw a broadcasting offer come in, and no longer has to deal with a team $74M over the cap without a QB because for some reason he thought Taysom Hill could be the next man up.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Surprised that the Chiefs Executive Director of Player Personnel isn't considering Bieniemy. That should shut people up about him when even a guy in the Chiefs front office leaves for another team and doesn't consider him.

i mean tbf he's not been involved in the HC search - they interviewed around 10 candidates and none of them were bieniemy - but it's also probable that as part of his interview process he would have suggested some candidates he thought they should interview

bears have gone about the search weirdly with the HC search happening simultaneously with the GM search

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I think it's more likely that he saw a broadcasting offer come in, and no longer has to deal with a team $74M over the cap without a QB because for some reason he thought Taysom Hill could be the next man up.
Thanks for raining on my parade.

How about this - it seems like a good spot for GR to take over, Kamara/Hill to build around?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
oh wow - i knew they were having a meeting but didnt realise he truly was done

saints in a pretty rough spot here... worst cap situation in the league, no QB, the michael thomas situation

not a particularly attractive immediate spot for a potential candidate... and they're also well behind in the search for the next guy
What's up with Michael Thomas? Is it more than just his injury?

Simba

Staff Member
he's not been healthy for a bit and iirc there's been some frustration and tension between him and some in the organisation over the last couple of years... pretty sure he's been bandied about as a trade candidate for a while and i think it would save them 15m to trade him away

And lots of issues surrounding that injury where it was recommended that he get surgery after the season. He did... he just made the choice to wait until June on his own accord. And thus, another lost season for him.

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Any team that wants Payton needs to trade for him since Saints hold his rights through 2024. Jerry Jones is going to come a calling in a year or so... watch.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Sounds like word around the league from various places is that the Bears process has been an utter mess

with that being said - if they end up with caldwell and he can bring with him someone like pep hamilton then it wont necessarily matter lol that would be an amazing set-up to grow their young QB

JO_75

Hall of Famer

I know people are going to say Brady got him this job but I was looking at what's he done coaching wise and he's basically worked his way through the ranks.

2016: Coaching intern under Bruce Arians in Arizona
2017: Became QB Coach for The Cardinals
2018: Interim OC after Arizona fired Mike McCoy
2019-2021 Offensive Coordinator of the Bucs

He went from being drafted 7th overall by the Jaguars to Head Coach of the Jaguars. I wish him luck except for when he plays us.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know people are going to say Brady got him this job but I was looking at what's he done coaching wise and he's basically worked his way through the ranks.

2016: Coaching intern under Bruce Arians in Arizona
2017: Became QB Coach for The Cardinals
2018: Interim OC after Arizona fired Mike McCoy
2019-2021 Offensive Coordinator of the Bucs

He went from being drafted 7th overall by the Jaguars to Head Coach of the Jaguars. I wish him luck except for when he plays us.

would be a ridiculous claim anyway - he coordinated the dynamic bucs passing attack in 2019 that saw a jameis winston led offence be the 3rd most prolific in the NFL both in yards and points - this despite the fact that they turned the ball over a ton