• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The body difference between Clevland and Tyree is literally ridiculous. Tyree looks like he weighs 30 or 40 pounds more than Clevland. Can anyone confirm or deny? It's not like there is some recent photo or anything, just something I felt like I noticed quite often this year.

Ben Cleveland is 6'6 and apparently now 357lbs (up from the 343lbs at his pro day)
Tyre Phillips is 6'5 344lbs (up from 331lbs at the combine)

so cleveland's actually bigger and heavier - and i think honestly the reason it seems different is purely about aesthetics and how they wear their unis - cleveland often went with the sleeveless look - he also stays more upright in his stance whereas tyre is a bit more flexible as an athlete

but also idk that tyre does seem that much bigger lol - Cleveland's enormous

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mekari was very much in the interior picture (at least as a backup C) until they showed up to minicamps and didn't have Ronnie Stanley. Didn't have Andre Smith. They literally had AV and some UDFAs on deck, so they moved Mekari back out there just to have bodies. He handled it well as he did last year too, and then he just stayed there. If we had some level of T depth and Mekari was still in the C picture, I can almost guarantee he'd have been the backup C over Colon.

And again, I'll reiterate... I don't think he'd be plan A at any of these positions. But I have no doubts he's a guy you look to if a FA or draft plan falters. If injuries necessitate it. Really if anything happens. I'm sure they want to leave him at swing T but they also know he can drop down and play inside (especially at C) if you need him to.
Right, but again, I've seen nothing to suggest he's going to be the first option off the bench at either center or guard. If Bozeman walks, I fully expect them to add somebody and keep TCC. If Bozeman stays, they'll keep both, and Mekari is, again, the third center.

Like yes, if there's 2-3 injuries to the same position group, sure, he could play there. But he's not the primary backup at any spot on the line except Tackle from what I see or what I expect. There is no possible scenario I see where the Ravens go into 2021 with TCC and Mekari as the only two Centers on the roster.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Ben Cleveland is 6'6 and apparently now 357lbs (up from the 343lbs at his pro day)

so cleveland's actually bigger and heavier - and i think honestly the reason it seems different is purely about aesthetics and how they wear their unis - cleveland often went with the sleeveless look - he also stays more upright in his stance whereas tyre is a bit more flexible as an athlete

Thanks for that!! Could really be the uniforms. Tyree has always just looked heavier to me. Maybe Clevland is just sculpted lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Tyre is on the fat side and Cleveland is a giant barrel Chested muscular fuck with no gut what so ever

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What about Daelin Hayes and Adarius Washington-will they impact how the Raven's draft? Or were they just drafted for depth?

they're not going to change anything in terms of the draft or free agency - they were day 3 picks who spent most of the season injured - we'd like them to get healthy and then take a leap in year 2 but not going to rely on that

just sucks for both of them with the timing of their injuries because with the other injuries we had to guys ahead of them they could have got useful reps especially towards the end of the year

as always with back end of the roster guys they'll have to either show enough at their position that we can't afford to cut them or they'll have to find a way onto the active roster via special teams (think hayes has more of a chance to carve out an actual positional role in year 2 while ardarius is likely a backup although if tavon goes he'll have an opportunity to compete for nickel reps)

but neither's going to affect free agency or draft strategy

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wtf… yea he likely gone
Why would he be gone because of hip surgery? Legit question, wondering if I missed something. Could've been a pinched nerve, not sure on the details. I know he had back issues so maybe it was a pinched nerve in his hip causing it and they opened him up to move it to avoid it.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Why would he be gone because of hip surgery? Legit question, wondering if I missed something. Could've been a pinched nerve, not sure on the details. I know he had back issues so maybe it was a pinched nerve in his hip causing it and they opened him up to move it to avoid it.
I mean he been dealing with injuries all year and now its the end of year and he comes out with this hip surgery success thing… it dnt matter if they removed a tattoo from his hip and called it surgery, its not a good look lol

Tank

Hall of Famer
He would literally only save $200k against the cap, which is a net negative when you consider his replacement. Literally no sense in getting rid of him.
I know I wasn’t thinking of releasing him, more so will he be able to play. I hope he can.