• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Watched some of david obajo again… is that mf really this good? I mean its no coincidence hutchinson had his best season with obajo breaking out but dam this mf look explosive
Without the injury he’s a top 15 pick, he’s a freak and he has every physical trait you want, he’s a superior athlete to most of the guys he’s facing, and he’s got pass rush skills, solid run defender too.

I’ll be honest when I watched his film I felt top ten, so many people were saying “five years from now he could be the best pass rusher from this class” and the whole time I wondered why he’s being talked about like this rather than a top ten pick

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Most excited to see the running backs, receivers, and Isiah Likely on offense. Also the LG competition, and James at LT.

Most excited for the Travis Jones, and the entire secondary especially Hamilton. If Oweh is playing my eyes will be glued to 99.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'm watching my favourite Wire episodes getting ready for pre season
Which ones?
I can’t watch episodes of the wire, instead I fall in the rabbit hole of watching a million consecutive clips on YouTube and before you know it I’m listening to the tale of Snot Boogie starting all over again.

You got to man… this America
Same
I caught him Bunk, on the wire and he doesn't fucking know it. One of the best lines of all time.
THIS WAS THE FIRST EPISODE THAT CAME TO MIND... well technically the one before. BNBG.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Which ones?

Same

THIS WAS THE FIRST EPISODE THAT CAME TO MIND... well technically the one before. BNBG.
Why don’t you stick a broom up my ass and I’ll sweep the floor while I’m at it?

(Places phone on crotch) Do you hear that? Because I swear to god that is my fucking dick in your ear

Everywhere I go people say to me “bill Rawls you are a reasonable fuckin guy”

This show had an absolute banger of a one liner in pretty much episode

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This feels right. Jaylon Moore could actually be that guy they cut for Kolar just to bring back.

When Gus comes back it's obvious a RB will be replaced.

When Kolar comes back if there are no injuries it is not at all obvious who gets replaced. You'd think the OL, but not obvious which guy.

When Ojabo comes back it becomes doubly hard to figure out who gets replaced without injuries.

it'll work itself out like it often does... I really dont get the impression that Gus is close enough for us to worry about his return yet... think kolar may well be first although the timing for kolar will be more flexible in terms of activating him and he may get delayed a few weeks if we don't think we need him right away

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I still think he's very much on the outside looking in, but the Kevon Seymour stuff is hilarious. He's repeatedly the victim in videos but I've been reading some of the TC reports/roster battle articles and I've yet to see one that doesn't say he's had a good camp so far and has put himself in the conversation. Seems like he's just lost the wrong battles and they're on video lol

special teams - he's had some good reps and lots of bad reps as a corner where he's been victimised but this is all about special teams

not sure how he makes the roster but if he does i could see it being for someone like kyle fuller who's had a really disappointing camp until this week apparently

Simba

Staff Member
special teams - he's had some good reps and lots of bad reps as a corner where he's been victimised but this is all about special teams

not sure how he makes the roster but if he does i could see it being for someone like kyle fuller who's had a really disappointing camp until this week apparently
I almost expect Seymour to be on the 53 at some point for that reason. Probably a PS guy until a roster spot opens but he’s likely going to be playing for us this year.

Why don’t you stick a broom up my ass and I’ll sweep the floor while I’m at it?

(Places phone on crotch) Do you hear that? Because I swear to god that is my fucking dick in your ear

Everywhere I go people say to me “bill Rawls you are a reasonable fuckin guy”

This show had an absolute banger of a one liner in pretty much episode
fuck it, for another pit beef sandwich and tater salad I’ll go a few more

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'm expecting both Rashod and Odafe to play. I'd rather keep them shelved but I will understand when they're out there. I hope that Huntley doesn't totally stink up the joint. I'm actually fearing that Huntley is regressing instead of progressing.

As people got film on Huntley and his limitations got exposed, teams truly victimized him. Then this offseason, all reports have been it's pretty ugly when 8 isn't under center. And I can confirm with my own eyes from the stadium practice, it's not pretty when 2 is under center.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm expecting both Rashod and Odafe to play. I'd rather keep them shelved but I will understand when they're out there. I hope that Huntley doesn't totally stink up the joint. I'm actually fearing that Huntley is regressing instead of progressing.

As people got film on Huntley and his limitations got exposed, teams truly victimized him. Then this offseason, all reports have been it's pretty ugly when 8 isn't under center. And I can confirm with my own eyes from the stadium practice, it's not pretty when 2 is under center.

he's fine as a backup to keep you on schedule but he's not a starter and that's fine
in preseason he's more than enough lol

maybe rashod and odafe play, id love to see the reps if/when they do but im not buying it til i see it... they're both entrenched as starters and starters arent mostly gonna play... and especially bateman - no point having bateman out there without lamar

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
he's fine as a backup to keep you on schedule but he's not a starter and that's fine
in preseason he's more than enough lol

maybe rashod and odafe play, id love to see the reps if/when they do but im not buying it til i see it... they're both entrenched as starters and starters arent mostly gonna play... and especially bateman - no point having bateman out there without lamar
Oh yeah of course he's fine as a backup and for the preseason. My point was I hope Huntley plays well enough that we can actually assess the quality of the young WRs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh yeah of course he's fine as a backup and for the preseason. My point was I hope Huntley plays well enough that we can actually assess the quality of the young WRs.

it's tough for sure but they'll still be running routes and attacking coverages - the downside is that we, as fans, won't get to see most of what goes on with the WRs and DBs unless someone makes a big play because we never get to see preseason all-22 for some reason - obviously would be great if huntley was giving these guys chances and he will but we'll still be able to evaluate them in their actual routes whether huntley's good enough or not

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
it's tough for sure but they'll still be running routes and attacking coverages - the downside is that we, as fans, won't get to see most of what goes on with the WRs and DBs unless someone makes a big play because we never get to see preseason all-22 for some reason - obviously would be great if huntley was giving these guys chances and he will but we'll still be able to evaluate them in their actual routes whether huntley's good enough or not
Very true!!! I wanna see Proche start destroying other team's secondary's. As I recall he didn't get a formal preseason his rookie year and then while he had a great camp was very quiet in the preseason outside of his one big catch for a TD vs Washington.