• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

Simba

Staff Member
I'm guessing Stanley will not be ready to play game 1 .Is that how everyone is seeing it? He hasn't even practiced yet.
Can't really say anything definitively of course, but if he's not out there this week, it's probably not the best sign. Still has a few days to get out there.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Can't really say anything definitively of course, but if he's not out there this week, it's probably not the best sign. Still has a few days to get out there.
There was something on reddit saying that the thing keeping Ronnie out right now is his conditioning. He's working on that right now to get out there soon. Don't know if it is true at all

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Majorly disagree. Lewis was the best of all time. Reed just was the best playmaker.
and you have your opinion and are entitled to it. There is no black and white to this. Ed Reed is up there with the greatest of all time at his position, just like Ray Lewis is.

To me it's between Ed Reed and Ronnie Lott

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
and you have your opinion and are entitled to it. There is no black and white to this. Ed Reed is up there with the greatest of all time at his position, just like Ray Lewis is.

To me it's between Ed Reed and Ronnie Lott
Ed reed irreplaceable.. even though lewis is better, give me a prime luke and defense wouldnt miss a beat

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
So wait.... your above post just said "even though Lewis was better..."... so you actually disagree with JoeyF. Importance to the defense is NOT the same thing as overall better player.
Lewis was better than luke kluecky is what i wss referring too

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So wait.... your above post just said "even though Lewis was better..."... so you actually disagree with JoeyF. Importance to the defense is NOT the same thing as overall better player.
he's referring to Kuechly

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Ray Lewis > literally everyone to ever exist don't @ me

rossihunter2

Staff Member
DRob is going to play on Saturday, but realistically how much can a guy learn in 4 and half days of a new offense? I will say this is a low bar, but at least DRob in the limited drills we saw him doing, he looked smooth running around and route running. Hoping he can overachieve here.

i mean people malign greg roman's passing offence, but the route concepts and philosophies are pretty similar to the chiefs offence tbh - there's only so many routes he can run and he doesnt necessarily need to know the whole playcall to know his role in the play

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i mean people malign greg roman's passing offence, but the route concepts and philosophies are pretty similar to the chiefs offence tbh - there's only so many routes he can run and he doesnt necessarily need to know the whole playcall to know his role in the play
For sure. I guess I should rephrase the question. We know he can't know the whole playbook. As it gets closer to the game, they'll prep h for the subset of plays he'll actually run. And he'll be prepared for those plays.

That shifts the question to, he's going to play and he's going to be prepared when he does, but how MUCH will he play? Is it one or two series?

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Shit , after Ed picked another one I would immediately stand up worried as shit he would lateral to the opposing team . I could be in a drunken stupor and I would still get up and frantically pace around the tv just waiting for the lateral !

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Shit , after Ed picked another one I would immediately stand up worried as shit he would lateral to the opposing team . I could be in a drunken stupor and I would still get up and frantically pace around the tv just waiting for the lateral !
lol. I cant count how many times I yelled "JUST RUN WITH THE BALL, ED!" at the tv over the years!