• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
There was something on reddit saying that the thing keeping Ronnie out right now is his conditioning. He's working on that right now to get out there soon. Don't know if it is true at all
Harbaugh basically said it would normally require about 3 weeks of actual practice, not conditioning, to be ready to go. Not set in stone, but that was his baseline. And it was in the context of both Stanley and Bowser not practicing yet. And we're under the 3 week mark before season starts.

So yes, I'd say unlikely for week 1. I think Bowser going on PUP to start makes plenty of sense, but again, with Stanley, its more cloudy.

I'm not the pessimist that says his career is finished, but the guy also hasn't done a legit team practice in forever. Until that happens, its a write off for me.

Shit , after Ed picked another one I would immediately stand up worried as shit he would lateral to the opposing team . I could be in a drunken stupor and I would still get up and frantically pace around the tv just waiting for the lateral !

Haha this was literally the most exciting yet stressful moment. I loved it. Part of me wanted him to just go down with the ball but the other part wanted to live on the edge lol

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Harbaugh basically said it would normally require about 3 weeks of actual practice, not conditioning, to be ready to go. Not set in stone, but that was his baseline. And it was in the context of both Stanley and Bowser not practicing yet. And we're under the 3 week mark before season starts.

So yes, I'd say unlikely for week 1. I think Bowser going on PUP to start makes plenty of sense, but again, with Stanley, its more cloudy.

I'm not the pessimist that says his career is finished, but the guy also hasn't done a legit team practice in forever. Until that happens, its a write off for me.
I hear you but only one thing confuses me. Harbs gave injury updates on all of Ronnie, Tyus, and Gus. With Gus he was very clear that he was slower to come along. For the other two he explicitly stated that from what the doctors have seen that this week is "on schedule" or whatever that means. Like I find that confusing. What was hypothesized to be good to go by this week that in both of their cases is not? Or maybe, this is that approximate 3 week timeline and it was just a back of the envelope comment that we hoped would be true.

To me if they're not out there this week, the only way that makes sense is if Harbs has largely been talking out of his ass about their injuries. That's not to say they can't start practicing soon, but it doesn't make a lot of sense otherwise

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

no way they rush either of them back, but I don't think Bowser starts the season on PUP.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I hear you but only one thing confuses me. Harbs gave injury updates on all of Ronnie, Tyus, and Gus. With Gus he was very clear that he was slower to come along. For the other two he explicitly stated that from what the doctors have seen that this week is "on schedule" or whatever that means. Like I find that confusing. What was hypothesized to be good to go by this week that in both of their cases is not? Or maybe, this is that approximate 3 week timeline and it was just a back of the envelope comment that we hoped would be true.

To me if they're not out there this week, the only way that makes sense is if Harbs has largely been talking out of his ass about their injuries. That's not to say they can't start practicing soon, but it doesn't make a lot of sense otherwise

they're conditioning right now to get into football shape - at this point they're both clearly close enough with their rehab/recovery that once their conditioning is in the right place then they'll be able to practice and then play

it was always said that on schedule meant some time this week - and all signs had been pointing to the fact that they could be ready - but harbs has also talked about that 3 week ramp up period for a while too

i would not be surprised to see both of them not back this week, be back next week and start ramping up and maybe tyus can play a few snaps on a pitch count (if absolutely necessary) and ronnie stays in street clothes for week 1 because we dont rotate OL and he wont be ready to play a full complement of snaps

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
they're conditioning right now to get into football shape - at this point they're both clearly close enough with their rehab/recovery that once their conditioning is in the right place then they'll be able to practice and then play

it was always said that on schedule meant some time this week - and all signs had been pointing to the fact that they could be ready - but harbs has also talked about that 3 week ramp up period for a while too

i would not be surprised to see both of them not back this week, be back next week and start ramping up and maybe tyus can play a few snaps on a pitch count (if absolutely necessary) and ronnie stays in street clothes for week 1 because we dont rotate OL and he wont be ready to play a full complement of snaps
If this is the case then for all intents and purposes the projections were close enough and these guys are pretty healthy. Maybe the each miss one to two games but they'll be playing the early in the season.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I am starting to think that maybe we just keep 5 ILBs knowing that Harrison can/will slide to OLB for the time being. Sounds great to keep Means and/or Hayes but if they aren't getting the job done...
Ross makes this team and for exactly this reason. You don't keep Means, you get Harrison on the field more while you wait for Ojabo.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ross makes this team and for exactly this reason. You don't keep Means, you get Harrison on the field more while you wait for Ojabo.
Gotta agree with this. Hopefully they give Ross a chance at the beginning of the game against guys that are going to make the team. As for passrushing we gonna see more safety looks with Clark and Hamilton blitzing I believe and I've always argued Queen should blitz a hell of a lot more.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
QB
Lamar, Snoop

RB
Dobbins, Davis, Hill, Badie

FB
Ricard

WR
Bate, Proche, Duv, DRob, Tylan

TE
Mark, Boyle, Likely, Kolar

OL
Stanley, James, Powers, Tyree, Linderbaum, Mekari, Zeitler, Cleveland, Moses, Faalele

26 on offense with Kolar immediately going to IR

DL
Calais, Pierce, Madabuike, Urban, Jones, Washington

OLB
Houston, Oweh, Hayes, Bowser, Ojabo

ILB
Bynes, Queen, Harrison, Welch, Ross

CB
Marlon, Marcus, Stephens, Fuller, JAD, Pepe

S
Williams, Chuck, Kyle, Geno, TJ

27 on defense with Ojabo going right to IR

New Wolfpack
Stout
Tuck
Moore

That means you're 3 over right here which honestly not great. You can ask TJ to wait for the spot to open, but what about your other two spots? Maybe Urban? Maybe Welch doesn't make it. Maybe Hill doesn't make it.

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
QB
Lamar, Snoop

RB

FB
Ricard

WR

TE

OL
Stanley, James, Powers, Tyree, Linderbaum, Mekari, Zeitler, Cleveland, Moses, Faalele

DL

OLB

ILB

CB

S

New Wolfpack
Stout
Tuck
Moore

That means you're 3 over right here which honestly not great. You can ask TJ to wait for the spot to open, but what about your other two spots? Maybe Urban? Maybe Welch doesn't make it. Maybe Hill doesn't make it.
I just want adarius to make the team

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
He'll be picked up by someone else, but who cares. We have too many safeties as is
I mean he went undrafted, was hurt all last year, was hurt basically this whole offseason, and has played like 10 snaps of preseason where one of them he gave up a TD. I'd be shocked if someone picks him up.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
QB
Lamar, Snoop

RB

FB
Ricard

WR

TE

OL

DL

OLB

ILB

CB

S

New Wolfpack
Stout
Tuck
Moore

I can't say who would be out, but from this breakdown, I don't see a) us keeping 5 RBs (including Ricard), b) us keeping 5 ILBs and c) us keeping 5 safeties.
Agree that it might end up that way, but only after guys like Ojabo and Kolar probably going to IR. I'm not entirely sold that TJ makes this team at all, but I could be wrong. He's pretty clearly the 5th safety, which makes him basically just a ST player. Obviously love the guy, but I suspect he gets cut and maybe the Ravens give him a chance to get a better spot elsewhere. Maybe he's a guy that's brought back quickly, I don't know.

I'd be pretty surprised to see 4 RBs though, 5 if you include Ricard. I know Hill has gotten a lot of love this offseason, but I think he'll be gone.

Also could be wrong about this, and I don't feel like looking it up at the moment, but feels like our "norm" is 5 Dlineman. Could be because we've not had this much talent and arguably depth there in awhile, but 6 seems pretty heavy there as well. Would think either Urban or Washington is the odd man out there. Also a tough spot, because Jones figures to miss probably the first week or two, but I guess unlikely to start on IR, so you'll probably need a PS call up to fill his spot for first couple weeks.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I can't say who would be out, but from this breakdown, I don't see a) us keeping 5 RBs (including Ricard), b) us keeping 5 ILBs and c) us keeping 5 safeties.
Agree that it might end up that way, but only after guys like Ojabo and Kolar probably going to IR. I'm not entirely sold that TJ makes this team at all, but I could be wrong. He's pretty clearly the 5th safety, which makes him basically just a ST player. Obviously love the guy, but I suspect he gets cut and maybe the Ravens give him a chance to get a better spot elsewhere. Maybe he's a guy that's brought back quickly, I don't know.

I'd be pretty surprised to see 4 RBs though, 5 if you include Ricard. I know Hill has gotten a lot of love this offseason, but I think he'll be gone.

Also could be wrong about this, and I don't feel like looking it up at the moment, but feels like our "norm" is 5 Dlineman. Could be because we've not had this much talent and arguably depth there in awhile, but 6 seems pretty heavy there as well. Would think either Urban or Washington is the odd man out there. Also a tough spot, because Jones figures to miss probably the first week or two, but I guess unlikely to start on IR, so you'll probably need a PS call up to fill his spot for first couple weeks.
Bro I totally agree. I've been saying for a long time now, there's too much defensive depth on this team to be carrying 4 RBs plus Ricard.

If you cut Hill, TJ, and Welch you're not really fretting. Then you can bring back TJ and Welch if you'd like after IRs.

Simba

Staff Member

Why would you not keep 4 RBs right now? Dobbins may or may not be full go and if something happens, we’re in the same situation we were last year. I think it’s almost a given that we’re starting with 4. And it’s not hard to do it either