• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

Simba

Staff Member
Sucks to see Bowser down for 4 games, but I'm also not surprised. Happened to see him out around Owings Mills about 2 weeks ago and there was still a pretty pronounced limp. Leaves us super light at edge right now. Assuming we're going to end up adding a guy but if not, think you could conceivably have...

Oweh, Houston, Means, Hayes, and Harrison at OLB
Queen, Bynes, Welch, and Ross at ILB

Regardless, expect to see Harrison more on the edge for a bit.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Sucks to see Bowser down for 4 games, but I'm also not surprised. Happened to see him out around Owings Mills about 2 weeks ago and there was still a pretty pronounced limp. Leaves us super light at edge right now. Assuming we're going to end up adding a guy but if not, think you could conceivably have...

Oweh, Houston, Means, Hayes, and Harrison at OLB
Queen, Bynes, Welch, and Ross at ILB

Regardless, expect to see Harrison more on the edge for a bit.
You think harrison can hold his own there?

Simba

Staff Member
You think harrison can hold his own there?
I don't know if he's a direct Bowser replacement as I don't see him doing much of the true rushing duties, but I think he can operate as a coverage and edge setting guy on one side of the field.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So I think now that the Stanley and Bowser puzzle pieces have fallen the roster should be largely locked down. Will be interested to see if they go with Means or bring in JPP.

Simba

Staff Member
Feel like they're going to be looking for more of a SAM than a true pass rush type. Going to need more of a backup for him in the long run anyways.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
why would they put ojabo on the shelf for the year?
I'm not asserting they will, but given that Bowser is hurt and who knows exactly when he'll be back and healthy, that Hayes has shown almost nothing and is also hurt right now, the fact that Means is very much a very bottom of the roster guy, the OLB is ridiculously thin.

If they have to go out and sign someone like JPP, and Bowser is going to beat Ojabo back it becomes a numbers game. If Means makes the roster and is largely garbage, then I feel like there's not problem cutting Means and attempting to sign him to the PS. But if Means doesn't make the roster because you signed someone like JPP, it's hard to imagine cutting someone like Hayes to bring in Ojabo.

But largely ignore my comment here because it's dramatically ignoring the critical fact that when Ojabo is in play to come back, the team will look very different and it does not really help the team to totally shut him down.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm not asserting they will, but given that Bowser is hurt and who knows exactly when he'll be back and healthy, that Hayes has shown almost nothing and is also hurt right now, the fact that Means is very much a very bottom of the roster guy, the OLB is ridiculously thin.

If they have to go out and sign someone like JPP, and Bowser is going to beat Ojabo back it becomes a numbers game. If Means makes the roster and is largely garbage, then I feel like there's not problem cutting Means and attempting to sign him to the PS. But if Means doesn't make the roster because you signed someone like JPP, it's hard to imagine cutting someone like Hayes to bring in Ojabo.

But largely ignore my comment here because it's dramatically ignoring the critical fact that when Ojabo is in play to come back, the team will look very different and it does not really help the team to totally shut him down.

you also dont have to shut him down just because we might have 6 guys at the position - if we have 6 guys we have 6 guys and means gets cut or hayes goes and sits on the inactives list etc.

there's absolutely no way they wouldnt at least give themselves the option to bring ojabo back

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
you also dont have to shut him down just because we might have 6 guys at the position - if we have 6 guys we have 6 guys and means gets cut or hayes goes and sits on the inactives list etc.

there's absolutely no way they wouldnt at least give themselves the option to bring ojabo back
Yeah I ammended that it was dumb

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Idk people were saying he should have been playing week 1. People have been touting 6month recovery times for Achilles as the new normal. That's probably not true. He's coming up on 9 months here and now will miss 4 games.
it depends on the surgery and the size of the incision and then everyone is different. Just because Cam Akers came back in 6 months doesn't mean Bowser can.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Idk people were saying he should have been playing week 1. People have been touting 6month recovery times for Achilles as the new normal. That's probably not true. He's coming up on 9 months here and now will miss 4 games.
Bowser was injured in January. In the first week of September it will be 8 months. If he can come back after pup it will be 9 months. I'd rather not rush him back and make sure he is back and then put him on a snap count.