• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

Simba

Staff Member
at this point i think after an OL trade we'd be more likely to carry 9 OL and use that spot elsewhere than we would to put Colon on - the ben powers stuff i think sealed Colon's fate regardless of whether someone gets moved - right now Colon is C4 and like G6 and I think there's no reason they'll carry him even if they trade away a phillips and he ends up being C4 and G5

i guess in a rotational sense i could see Mack as a Jones replacement especially with some of the pass rush upside he's shown and knowing we're going to be light at NT anyway until Jones is back with only Pierce and with Crawford not likely an option anymore

Urban as a handshake guy makes a bunch of sense that i hadnt considered before - he likes it here, his wife's from here, he's 6th on the depth chart but will have a gameday role with his kick blocking role on special teams

id love to see mack on the roster because i really do think he has some spice at 3t - he's got those explosive qualities that we really seem to have prioritised at IDL in recent times
For what it’s worth, I’m not completely convinced on James either. Think he could just as easily be gone with Mekari playing more T again.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
For what it’s worth, I’m not completely convinced on James either. Think he could just as easily be gone with Mekari playing more T again.

nah - james isnt going anywhere - he's taken all the 1s snaps at LT, has looked good at LT - he's not going anywhere - we've spent the whole offseason trying to get better on the OL and also be deeper to cover for injuries... now that we've achieved that depth, there's no way in hell we're going to start trading it away

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
TBH there are going to be at least two players that make the initial 53 man roster that won’t really be safe depending on who the front office thinks can upgrade this team after looking at who other teams cut. EDC is a GM that will always entertain a good last minute trade. I predict our 53 man roster will include a player (or two) not currently on our team or at least within a day or two after the deadline.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Ben Powers not dressing in the final preseason game after showcasing his “versatility” in the first 2 games. Sounds like they didn’t want to risk injury before a trade lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Ben Powers not dressing in the final preseason game after showcasing his “versatility” in the first 2 games. Sounds like they didn’t want to risk injury before a trade lol

and yet if that was the case then why was Phillips playing the vast majority of the snaps in preseason 3 - like if he's the starter and powers is just trade bait then why are we risking phillips against scrubs???

it'd make some sense if phillips was getting 1s reps in practice but powers has taken almost all the 1s reps in practice barring a few days like the stadium practice

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yesterday Harbs said he didn’t think Seymour’s injury was serious. Was there any update?

if it was inseason we'd normally get some sort of update the day after - they played on saturday so it's possible there's still a presser in that vein tomorrow???

but we're not in training camp anymore (and havent been for over a week) so access is limited and harbs is likely to become more precious and less open with injury updates unless someone's season's over or we've made a transaction (like put them on I/R etc.)

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
and yet if that was the case then why was Phillips playing the vast majority of the snaps in preseason 3 - like if he's the starter and powers is just trade bait then why are we risking phillips against scrubs???

it'd make some sense if phillips was getting 1s reps in practice but powers has taken almost all the 1s reps in practice barring a few days like the stadium practice
Just a thought, but with all the penalties he had last week, maybe they wanted to see him again in action this last game before making a determination?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

Lol the wild card option is Cleveland is starter!

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Either way you look at it.. it doesn’t make sense lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just a thought, but with all the penalties he had last week, maybe they wanted to see him again in action this last game before making a determination?

then why play him at RT and RG to open the game with kahlil mckenzie of all people at LG lol?
the only way any of this makes sense is if Powers is the starter and has been for a long time (they just never announced it)