• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'm fully aware I'm in the minority but I don't see the hype with Ar'Darius. Think he's done well in the preseason but he's an athletically limited guy that offers no ST ability. More of an effort guy and it's great that he hung around, but I don't think teams are chomping at the bit to add him either.
I have no fear whatsoever he makes it back to our PS

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm fully aware I'm in the minority but I don't see the hype with Ar'Darius. Think he's done well in the preseason but he's an athletically limited guy that offers no ST ability. More of an effort guy and it's great that he hung around, but I don't think teams are chomping at the bit to add him either.
he had 5 snaps in kick coverage. I believe he can play more on special teams do to his physicality. Completely disagree with this assessment.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
And even if he doesn't, meh. I mean, I like the guy but he's not someone I'd be concerned about losing if it happened.
am I concerned no, but I'm a fan of Ar'Darius Washington and have been since college. He has nice ability as a depth piece in our defense and a chance to fill in as a starter in the slot in spot situations.

Simba

Staff Member
he had 5 snaps in kick coverage. I believe he can play more on special teams due to his physicality. Completely disagree with this assessment.
He doesn't have the frame to do that consistently nor the speed to operate as a gunner. His ST snaps have been more out of necessity.

I like the kid but the reality is that he's back end of the roster fodder.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
If Mark Andrews is good at evaluating TE talent, Likely is going to blossom into an amazing player for us. He said earlier in the offseason that Likely's game is way ahead of where his was as a rookie. But you could say maybe that's just encouraging talk from a teammate. Well yesterday he said that Kolar is really smart but much more raw and reminds him of himself as a rookie. That means Mark doesn't just gas people up.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Mark Andrews is good at evaluating TE talent, Likely is going to blossom into an amazing player for us. He said earlier in the offseason that Likely's game is way ahead of where his was as a rookie. But you could say maybe that's just encouraging talk from a teammate. Well yesterday he said that Kolar is really smart but much more raw and reminds him of himself as a rookie. That means Mark doesn't just gas people up.

Kolar will be off this team in 2-3 years

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I said all along when we drafted Kolar and Likely that it meant Kolar would always been second fiddle due to the curse of 2 TE Draft. Sorry, Kolar, but as others said it was a necessary sacrifice

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Roster
QB: Jackson, Huntley
RB: Dobbins, Drake, Davis, Hill
FB: Ricard
WR: Bateman, Robinson, Proche, Duvernay, Wallace
TE: Andrews, Boyle, Likely, Oliver
OL: Stanley, James, Powers, Mekari, Linderbaum, Colon, Zeitler, Cleveland, Moses, Faalele

That's 26 on offense. Oliver has to go in favor of an OLB

DL: Calais, Pierce, Madabuike, Jones, Urban, Washington
ILB: Bynes, Queen, Ross, Welch, Phillips
OLB: Oweh, Houston, Harrison
CB: Humphrey, Peters, Fuller, Stephens, Armour Davis, Williams
S: Williams, Clark, Hamilton, Stone

That's 24 for the defense. The whole defense looks super strong outside of a totally anemic OLB group. We've gotta do something about that and fast

Simba

Staff Member
We made a claim
Roster
QB: Jackson, Huntley
RB: Dobbins, Drake, Davis, Hill
FB: Ricard
WR: Bateman, Robinson, Proche, Duvernay, Wallace
TE: Andrews, Boyle, Likely, Oliver
OL: Stanley, James, Powers, Mekari, Linderbaum, Colon, Zeitler, Cleveland, Moses, Faalele

That's 26 on offense. Oliver has to go in favor of an OLB

DL: Calais, Pierce, Madabuike, Jones, Urban, Washington
ILB: Bynes, Queen, Ross, Welch, Phillips
OLB: Oweh, Houston, Harrison
CB: Humphrey, Peters, Fuller, Stephens, Armour Davis, Williams
S: Williams, Clark, Hamilton, Stone

That's 24 for the defense. The whole defense looks super strong outside of a totally anemic OLB group. We've gotta do something about that and fast
They’ve got some time to work something out at OLB if they want. Have a few days off before getting back next week so could conceivably do some workouts/visits over the weekend

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
We made a claim

They’ve got some time to work something out at OLB if they want. Have a few days off before getting back next week so could conceivably do some workouts/visits over the weekend
For sure. I know people have said we probably won't sign a vet at OLB but I really think we should. We have a team that's pretty much stacked at every position except OLB and WR which isn't even bad. But we shouldn't be counting on Ojabo for sure and to a lesser extent Bowser. Bring one more real pass rusher in here and this team is ready to compete.