• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Forgot jets still got mile white.. he should def start over flacco

Boooooo

Everyone, boo this man.

200.gif

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
shouldn't worry about Roman's runnning schemes. He was even able to scheme up last years backs.
Still, they weren't able to gain any penetration or see holes, even if they were vanilla schemes being run. I'm sure Washington ran vanilla schemes too, but their RB corps was far more successful in getting yards. Maybe, I'm reading too much into it, but so far, if truth be told, I was underwhelmed by their performance.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
at this point i think after an OL trade we'd be more likely to carry 9 OL and use that spot elsewhere than we would to put Colon on - the ben powers stuff i think sealed Colon's fate regardless of whether someone gets moved - right now Colon is C4 and like G6 and I think there's no reason they'll carry him even if they trade away a phillips and he ends up being C4 and G5

i guess in a rotational sense i could see Mack as a Jones replacement especially with some of the pass rush upside he's shown and knowing we're going to be light at NT anyway until Jones is back with only Pierce and with Crawford not likely an option anymore

Urban as a handshake guy makes a bunch of sense that i hadnt considered before - he likes it here, his wife's from here, he's 6th on the depth chart but will have a gameday role with his kick blocking role on special teams

id love to see mack on the roster because i really do think he has some spice at 3t - he's got those explosive qualities that we really seem to have prioritised at IDL in recent times
If we could get.3rd for one of our swing tackles by trading with the Cowboys, that would be amazing. I doubt we have anybody that will get us a 3rd or even a 4th at this time. Maybe Jawuan James, but we are not trading him anywhere. Not till we are assured of Stanley's health.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Still, they weren't able to gain any penetration or see holes, even if they were vanilla schemes being run. I'm sure Washington ran vanilla schemes too, but their RB corps was far more successful in getting yards. Maybe, I'm reading too much into it, but so far, if truth be told, I was underwhelmed by their performance.
still pretty normal for the preseason. We didn't even have our guys playing in the positions they will be starting in on week 1 except for Linderbaum and LJ will add a boost to the running backs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ronnie going to start for us in Week 1 or no?

i think he probably came back a week late for that to be realistic - but as long as he's out there tomorrow and practicing in some form (even if its just individual/positional work) then it's a sign that he's on his way to a return

and we're in a dramatically better position this year with regards to managing without him for a week or 2

rossihunter2

Staff Member

feels like kevon might be another candidate for short term i/r if this is the case which might mean another vested vet has to make way on the initial 53 at cutdown day tomorrow

or we cut him and agree an injury settlement but that would then mean iirc that we can't re-sign him for 6 weeks (and he could be poached in that time if he recovers earlier)

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Ok here we go again lol

Lamar, Snoop
Dobbins, Drake, Badie
Ricard
Andrews, Boyle, Likely, Kolar
Bateman, Proche, Robinson, Duvernay, Wallace
Stanley, James, Powers, Philips, Linderbaum, Mekari, Zeitler, Cleveland, Moses, Faalele

That's 25 for offense and you're keeping everyone you would want.

Calais, Pierce, Madabuike, Jones, Washington, Mack
Houston, Oweh, Hayes, Ojabo
Queen, Bynes, Harrison, Welch Ross
Marlon, Peters, Stephens, Fuller, JAD, Pepe
Williams, Chuck, Hamilton, Stone

That's 25 for the defense but your missing Urban and Means. They are the two hand shake deals. TJ to the PS.

New Wolfpack takes you to 53.

Simba

Staff Member
Ok here we go again lol

Lamar, Snoop
Dobbins, Drake, Badie
Ricard
Stanley, James, Powers, Philips, Linderbaum, Mekari, Zeitler, Cleveland, Moses, Faalele

That's 25 for the defense but your missing Urban and Means. They are the two hand shake deals. TJ to the PS.

Still think you’re gonna need 4 RBs. Dobbins is going to be on a pitch count most likely and Badie is going to be inactive. Think Drake replaces Davis as of now but Hill is probably still is a decent spot.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Still think you’re gonna need 4 RBs. Dobbins is going to be on a pitch count most likely and Badie is going to be inactive. Think Drake replaces Davis as of now but Hill is probably still is a decent spot.
If so, you literally only have two options. Move on from one OL or Welch doesn't make the team.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ok here we go again lol

Lamar, Snoop
Dobbins, Drake, Badie
Ricard

this is how I see it as well. Unfortunately Ar'Darius Washington is on the outside looking in. Hopefully he clears waivers.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Guys, if we bring in Drake. You can really only look at the roster and say hey I'd like an upgrade over Means and Hayes and Wallace.

Fortunately Bowser and Ojabo are in the wings. As much as you'd like to add someone there, it doesn't make any sense. The team is going to get stronger as reinforcements come in (Bowser, Ojabo, Gus, Kolar).

Regarding Wallace, I'm sure someone is gonna roll their eyes, but if you put the speed of Denzel Mims, Bateman, and Robinson on this team to compliment the other pieces at all levels, I see a complete team. You could always make a trade mid season or sign OBJ if possible later in the year, but the team is looking stacked.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Now that I think about it, I think the RB room will be Dobbins, Drake, and Hill. Hill is a core special teamer, has some juice and got starter treatment in PS3. Badie goes to the PS and no one claims him. 6th round rookie who did not impress in the PS.

Last edited:

Simba

Staff Member
I'm fully aware I'm in the minority but I don't see the hype with Ar'Darius. Think he's done well in the preseason but he's an athletically limited guy that offers no ST ability. More of an effort guy and it's great that he hung around, but I don't think teams are chomping at the bit to add him either.