• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Colon should be on the bubble as well since Mekari should be 2nd center

Mekari might start at LG and is also likely the primary backup at LT - it's obviously valuable that he can play all 5 positions but we probably need to keep a backup who's not on the field who can play C

i can definitely see Colon being expendable but would feel like a bit of a risk if Mekari's the starter somewhere on the OL and is the only LT backup

Simba

Staff Member
Yeah in regards to Colon, he probably has a good shot because he's going to be taking all reps at C. Mekari can certainly slot in there but he's going to be taking reps all over the place at this point. Linderbaum and Colon are going to be working almost exclusively snapping the ball through camp.

Not to mention, Colon also got a lot of reps as the 6th OL last year.

marklar

Pro Bowler
Yeah in regards to Colon, he probably has a good shot because he's going to be taking all reps at C. Mekari can certainly slot in there but he's going to be taking reps all over the place at this point. Linderbaum and Colon are going to be working almost exclusively snapping the ball through camp.

Not to mention, Colon also got a lot of reps as the 6th OL last year.
I would be surprised if Faalele doesn't take over as 6th lineman from day 1. Especially at the goalline

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really think we need a deep threat.. we almost have to go after will fuller imo

Bruh.. if I see news we’re interested in Desean Jackson… imma start swinging

I’ll gamble on will fuller and his glass body 10 out of 10

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Honestly though what do we think about our cash ability to sign each of

Houston
Fuller/Landry/Trade
Haden/Other vet corner

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Bruh.. if I see news we’re interested in Desean Jackson… imma start swinging

I’ll gamble on will fuller and his glass body 10 out of 10
If we can't sign Fuller because he chooses elsewhere and Jackson comes at the minimum fine. But do not expect a lot lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Honestly though what do we think about our cash ability to sign each of

Houston
Fuller/Landry/Trade
Haden/Other vet corner
we indirectly saved 9m the last 3 days.

Drafting Linderbaum improves all 5 positions of the offensive line, allowing Mekari to be backup to all positions or starting left guard, making Powers expendable. That saves 2.5m. We can cut James for another 2.5m. Drafting Stout saves us 2.0m by cutting Koch or having him retire and trading Hollywood saves us 2.1m this season and over 13m next season. Thats before we even extend Peters.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we can't sign Fuller because he chooses elsewhere and Jackson comes at the minimum fine. But do not expect a lot lol

Oh I meant swinging as in we fighting. Desean drop passes at the most crucial time. I don’t want that guy haha

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
we indirectly saved 9m the last 3 days.

Drafting Linderbaum improves all 5 positions of the offensive line, allowing Mekari to be backup to all positions or starting left guard, making Powers expendable. That saves 2.5m. We can cut James for another 2.5m. Drafting Stout saves us 2.0m by cutting Koch or having him retire and trading Hollywood saves us 2.1m this season and over 13m next season. Thats before we even extend Peters.
Not convinced about cutting James but definitely agree with other 2. Even if we keep James it's 6.5 then. You can work with Marlon and Marcus. I think we can probably add 2 guys maybe 3 that you like.

FA WR is actually a graveyard. Landry is the only good receiver. Odell I think is coming to the end of his career. Fuller could be ok but he's not going to make it the season. I really think you have 2 options.

Take Landry and have a decent but not super downfield passing attack. Or make a trade for someone who has stretch the field abilities

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Not convinced about cutting James but definitely agree with other 2. Even if we keep James it's 6.5 then. You can work with Marlon and Marcus. I think we can probably add 2 guys maybe 3 that you like.

FA WR is actually a graveyard. Landry is the only good receiver. Odell I think is coming to the end of his career. Fuller could be ok but he's not going to make it the season. I really think you have 2 options.

Take Landry and have a decent but not super downfield passing attack. Or make a trade for someone who has stretch the field abilities
Odell's 29 years old. Yes he's had some big injuries over the last few seasons, but he proved he still can play in his limited action in Los Angeles. I'd be ok with him, if I knew he could play by October / November.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Odell's 29 years old. Yes he's had some big injuries over the last few seasons, but he proved he still can play in his limited action in Los Angeles. I'd be ok with him, if I knew he could play by October / November.

Can we do the 2 year deal that we gave JaWuan James to Odell? Come here the first year just to heal up and play 2nd year. That would be dope

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Can we do the 2 year deal that we gave JaWuan James to Odell? Come here the first year just to heal up and play 2nd year. That would be dope
seriously doubt that would happen. With James he hasn't played since 2019. I think he sat out in 2020.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
You're not wrong. Can he overcome the ACL tear he just got though in LA? The answer is yes and he will be a NFL quality player but will he provide anything more than Landry? Who is healthy

redrum52

Hall of Famer
We don't need Landry. If we're not going after a speed guy or bigger frame wr no point in signing anyone at all if you ask me. Not sure about his contract but maybe ask the giants about Ross or Jets about Mims. Probably more out there but don't see the purpose of going through this again at wr.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor

I’ll take Deebo