• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If I'm looking for signs that Duvernay can take another step next year then this video has them

specifically look at the way he's releasing and breaking - you can see the work he's put in with Dubb
a list of the reps that i thought were promising (and their timestamps):

4:50 - look at the way he uses his hands and feet with suddenness and quickness to defeat the corner's leverage in press almost immediately
2:26 - he does the same on the other side of the field vs Pat Surtain
3:40 - sells vertical off the motion in what looks like a wheel route to get the DB to mirror that route and then really efficient break to turn it into a comeback

JAAM

Hall of Famer
If I'm looking for signs that Duvernay can take another step next year then this video has them

specifically look at the way he's releasing and breaking - you can see the work he's put in with Dubb

4:50 - look at the way he uses his hands and feet with suddenness and quickness to defeat the corner's leverage in press almost immediately
3:40 - sells vertical off the motion in what looks like a wheel route to get the DB to mirror that route and then really efficient break to turn it into a comeback

Damn we really have to get this dude more involved

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

I'm honestly not encouraged at all. This is not unlike his rookie year tape. It's almost exclusively sweeps and him beating zone coverages for very small gains. Then just like rookie year there's like 2 plays that are circus catches for touchdowns.

I'm sure if you just fed him in terms of volume he'll have better production obviously. But really I see a key special teamer who has gadget and some YAC ability. Not a number 2 receiver on almost any team

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm honestly not encouraged at all. This is not unlike his rookie year tape. It's almost exclusively sweeps and him beating zone coverages for very small gains. Then just like rookie year there's like 2 plays that are circus catches for touchdowns.

I'm sure if you just fed him in terms of volume he'll have better production obviously. But really I see a key special teamer who has gadget and some YAC ability. Not a number 2 receiver on almost any team

that's why i pointed to those 3 reps in particular - there were others but those were the ones that stood out
those were reps that specifically showed signs of development and improvement technically and athletically vs his rookie year

if we're to believe that he's gonna make another jump this year, then those are the kinds of reps that encourage me

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
that's why i pointed to those 3 reps in particular - there were others but those were the ones that stood out
those were reps that specifically showed signs of development and improvement technically and athletically vs his rookie year

if we're to believe that he's gonna make another jump this year, then those are the kinds of reps that encourage me
I hear what you're saying, I guess my point is if we find ourselves counting on him to take that step, I think we're gonna be unhappy come season time. I'm not saying he can't, but he's also already on the team. Let this guy continue to put in the work and see if he can do it. But I would really really really not want to count on that.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Duv has Nkeal Harry level of production which is awful. He's such a good athlete we gotta find a way to be more creative with him especially if we can't replace Hollywood. Because last I remember he's kinda clueless down field and there are a few interceptions that are largely on him

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I hear what you're saying, I guess my point is if we find ourselves counting on him to take that step, I think we're gonna be unhappy come season time. I'm not saying he can't, but he's also already on the team. Let this guy continue to put in the work and see if he can do it. But I would really really really not want to count on that.

for sure - don't count on it but reasons to be hopeful

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

I missed this part of the article my first read through. I'm surprised there was so much interest in punters in the 4th. Feels different compared to past years.

Simba

Staff Member

I missed this part of the article my first read through. I'm surprised there was so much interest in punters in the 4th. Feels different compared to past years.

And also the Bengals re-signed Huber today so that intuition/information was correct.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

I mean 4th round picks are where you are looking for depth. With a lot of top punters in this draft getting a punter who is good is both cost effective, contract wise, and worth more to a team than their 4th WR or backup S.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I mean 4th round picks are where you are looking for depth. With a lot of top punters in this draft getting a punter who is good is both cost effective, contract wise, and worth more to a team than their 4th WR or backup S.
Yeah this must've been viewed as a pretty special punter class.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Duv has Nkeal Harry level of production which is awful. He's such a good athlete we gotta find a way to be more creative with him especially if we can't replace Hollywood. Because last I remember he's kinda clueless down field and there are a few interceptions that are largely on him
Devon Williams is my guy out of the udfa group. Deep threat who lacks polish and stats.
But we have the coaches to help him improve.
If you want to watch him be prepared their Qb can't throw at all