• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
what do you mean what does this mean?
it's just the senior bowl executive director talking about the ravens drafting senior bowl dudes and his thoughts on all the 6 guys we picked from the game
Oh ok.. so he think those guys gonna be nice? I just thoughr it was something deeper thats all lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh ok.. so he think those guys gonna be nice? I just thoughr it was something deeper thats all lol

he's pumping up his guys, praising the ravens (because they drafted lots of the guys at his game that he organises) - but i only posted it because he's been a legit scout for a couple of different organisations before he became executive director of the senior bowl - so while he's unlikely to flame any of his guys, he's honest about their qualities

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
“ we want safeties that can cover” explains why elliot and possibly clark is no longer
Do you really believe Clark will be traded? I don't think we may find a trade partner till after training camp. My personal opinion is Clark came on really strong in the latter half of the season and was able to play really well in coverage. He had soapy hands surely but was at the right place more often than not. Just my view. I'm only going by what I watched in games. I am not a football film watcher.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

Man, Pierce is uber destructive in the pocket. One man can't hold him back. He is able to shed even double teams to make tackles. He is an awesome signing because he is a lot better than he was here. He was pretty good here. Also, one thing I noticed is he plays through the whistle. Constant pressure and effort.

I can't imagine how much penetration Pierce, Travis Jones, Calais Campbell, Madubieke, and Washington will bring in rotation right up the middle. I think Oweh and Bowser will be able to really feast as will our occasional blitzer. With this much talent up the middle, I think we can play 2 safeties in the back and take away passing lanes for QBs. I am pumped about the upcoming season, especially defensively.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Do you really believe Clark will be traded? I don't think we may find a trade partner till after training camp. My personal opinion is Clark came on really strong in the latter half of the season and was able to play really well in coverage. He had soapy hands surely but was at the right place more often than not. Just my view. I'm only going by what I watched in games. I am not a football film watcher.
My dislike towards elliot and clark came from live games over the years.. at one point our cbs were best in lg, yet our S never made plays in secondary.. every time we got beat deep our S were either no where near the play or wasnt in position to make the play.. when we get killed by tightends, our S wasnt able to help us.. idk if clark will be traded but it wouldnt surprise me if wanted out due to us drafting hamilton

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
My dislike towards elliot and clark came from live games over the years.. at one point our cbs were best in lg, yet our S never made plays in secondary.. every time we got beat deep our S were either no where near the play or wasnt in position to make the play.. when we get killed by tightends, our S wasnt able to help us.. idk if clark will be traded but it wouldnt surprise me if wanted out due to us drafting hamilton
A lot of that was on wink too. Neither of them were 20+ yard safeties but they were consistently put in bad spots by wink, he designed lots of good blitzes for them and they held up fairly well in man, but a lot of times when you saw them get burned deep they were in a lose-lose situation.

Man, Pierce is uber destructive in the pocket. One man can't hold him back. He is able to shed even double teams to make tackles. He is an awesome signing because he is a lot better than he was here. He was pretty good here. Also, one thing I noticed is he plays through the whistle. Constant pressure and effort.

I can't imagine how much penetration Pierce, Travis Jones, Calais Campbell, Madubieke, and Washington will bring in rotation right up the middle. I think Oweh and Bowser will be able to really feast as will our occasional blitzer. With this much talent up the middle, I think we can play 2 safeties in the back and take away passing lanes for QBs. I am pumped about the upcoming season, especially defensively.
Which is amazing considering how average our defence was going into the offseason.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wouldn't trade him. I can see why we'd be interested in doing it, but I wouldn't. Especially with how cheap he is this year.
I don't hate Geno Stone, but Safety doesn't look like a position of strength to me if either Williams or Hamilton has injuries. I don't really like the idea of Stone being like a 90% snap count guy.

I've never really understood what fans obsessions are about trading away cheap depth. It's a constant conversation almost every year. It's like we have two high level starters, lets just deal away our average 3rd guy. OK, so when the high level starters get injured, who's playing?

I would have thought the many years of lacking depth on the Oline that fans would have learned that having reasonable depth is arguably as important as having high-end starters, especially on units that are typically more prone to injuries.