• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Updated roster projections. It wasn't that long ago I did one of these and so much is already different.

QB (2)
Lamar Jackson
Tyler Huntley

RB (4)
JK Dobbins
Gus Edwards
Mike Davis
Tyler Badie

FB (1)
Patrick Ricard

TE (3)
Mark Andrews
Nick Boyle
Isaiah Likely
Charlie Kolar (PUP)

WR (5)
Rashod Bateman
James Proche
Devin Duvernay
Tylan Wallace
Will Fuller or UDFA

OL (10)
Ronnie Stanley
Ben Powers
Tyler Linderbaum
Kevin Zeitler
Morgan Moses
JuWan James
Tyree Phillips
Patrick Mekari
Ben Cleveland
Daniel Faalele

Thats 25 on offense. Only losers are Colon, Olivet, and Justice Hill in this situation.

DL (6)
Calais Campbell
Michael Pierce
Justin Madabuike
Brent Urban
Broderick Washington
Travis Jones

OLB (5)
Justin Houston
Odafe Oweh
Tyus Bowser
Daelin Hayes
Vince Biegel
David Ojabo (PUP)

ILB (4)
Patrick Queen
Josh Bynes
Malik Harrison
Kristian Welch

CB (6)
Marlon Humphrey
Marcus Peters
Kyle Fuller
Brandon Stephens
Jayln Armour Davis
Damarion Williams

S (5)
Marcus Williams
Chuck Clark
Kyle Hamilton
Tony Jefferson
Geno Stone

This makes 26 so either one defensive guy has to go or one OL. No real defensive guys of interest are losing out here. Anyone not here is at best PS talent. Think Powers gets traded in preseason to accommodate all these defensive guys.

Wolfpack (3)
Justin Tucker
Nick Moore
Jordan Stout

Roster looks cut and dry to me.

quick note - not sure kolar can go on PUP - think he was initially on the roster when rookies had to report so cant go on PUP anymore (i may be wrong but i think he'd have to go on I/R which means he'd have to make the initial 53)

i basically see the roster the same way as you - was interesting seeing biegel getting a bunch of OLB reps with the 1s at the stadium practice - idk if that's just as a placeholder spelling houston or whether he's actually ahead of hayes as that Bowser SAM type OLB guy

think losing one of the 10 OL you have currently making it is basically the easiest path to 53 right now - but until they add a WR, there really arent any difficult choices to make beyond how many of Colon, Powers, Cleveland aren't on the final roster

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I said this long ago almost jokingly but I honestly don't see Kolar making the team this year. He isn't getting cut but I think his hernia will "linger on" to IR while he can get more developed. I just don't see a need for 4 tight ends when we carry a fullback too. Lively will service as a great Andrews backup

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
quick note - not sure kolar can go on PUP - think he was initially on the roster when rookies had to report so cant go on PUP anymore (i may be wrong but i think he'd have to go on I/R which means he'd have to make the initial 53)

i basically see the roster the same way as you - was interesting seeing biegel getting a bunch of OLB reps with the 1s at the stadium practice - idk if that's just as a placeholder spelling houston or whether he's actually ahead of hayes as that Bowser SAM type OLB guy

think losing one of the 10 OL you have currently making it is basically the easiest path to 53 right now - but until they add a WR, there really arent any difficult choices to make beyond how many of Colon, Powers, Cleveland aren't on the final roster
Kolar having to be on the 53 makes things actually kinda tough. But really that's it. One OL doesn't make it and that's not a big deal we have a ton of depth now. But I really don't want to get rid of anyone for Kolar. If I had to maybe Stone??? But that's not great. He's food depth and STs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Kolar having to be on the 53 makes things actually kinda tough. But really that's it. One OL doesn't make it and that's not a big deal we have a ton of depth now. But I really don't want to get rid of anyone for Kolar. If I had to maybe Stone??? But that's not great. He's food depth and STs.

if kolar's a final 53 then send to i/r so he can return kind of guy then i reckon they could do a cheeky cut and resign with TJ or just risk it and cut biegel and hope no one signs him before you bring him back to the 53

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
ESPN ranked Burrow’s weapons #1 and Lamar’s near last, this is Flacco vs Dalton all over again. Bengals fans overrate the hell out of Burrow, they watched a different playoffs than I did, Josh Allen was the clear best QB in the playoffs and Stafford was clearly better than Burrow in that game.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
ravens draft history of top 20 picks is amazing lol:

2017: 16th - Marlon Humphrey - all-pro
2016: 6th - Ronnie Stanley - all-pro
2014: 17th - CJ Mosley - 2nd team all-pro
2008: 18th - Joe Flacco - superbowl MVP
2006: 12th - Haloti Ngata - all-pro
2003: 10th - Terrell Suggs - all-pro + DPOY
2003: 19th - Kyle Boller...
2000: 5th - Jamal Lewis - all-pro + OPOY
1999: 10th - Chris McAlister - all-pro
1998: 10th - Duane Starks
1997: 4th - Peter Boulware - 2nd team all-pro
1996: 4th - Jonathan Ogden - Hall of Famer

i'd say that's 1 bust, 1 under-performer and 10 slam dunks

i mean 3/4 of the guys on this list made an all-pro team in some fashion
2/3 of them have played important rolls in winning a superbowl
Are you calling Starks the underperformer?

ESPN ranked Burrow’s weapons #1 and Lamar’s near last, this is Flacco vs Dalton all over again. Bengals fans overrate the hell out of Burrow, they watched a different playoffs than I did, Josh Allen was the clear best QB in the playoffs and Stafford was clearly better than Burrow in that game.
Missed you bro. Burrow is good, but he's such a tosser.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I thought mahommes was the best in playoffs.. i mean he had allen crying about OT rules