• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Movie Thread

Nurps

MVP
Also, Tenet was wild. It requires quite a bit of thinking and the dialogue was pretty hard to follow at times (there were scenes where I picked up more dialogue from the Dutch subtitles than from what I heard), but if you stick through it it's really rewarding and interesting.

It definitely requires multiple viewings, but a lot of parts make it worth watching on the big screen at least once.

I loved it and cant wait to watch it again. I just dont get how, in this day and age, the dialogue sound mixing can be so terrible.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That creepy ass film called Cuties.

um - you need to read up more on that film - it got mis-marketed by netflix - by all accounts this is all coming from people who havent seen it

the whole point of the film is to explore the over-sexualisation of young girls by society and how it adversely affects them as they grow up experiencing those hyper-sexualised pressures etc.

the marketing made it seem like it was what is described in those warnings above - but context is important to those scenes and it's supposed to be uncomfortable

argue with the execution all you want but someone grappled with some difficult subject matter and contextualised it through the lens that filmmakers use

there's a lot of outrage from people who haven't actually watched the film - and a lot of death threats sent to the director over a marketing campaign that made the film look completely different

so blame netflix but the film itself is not the creepy pedophilic thing its being described as: it's literally a commentary on the predatory behaviours of men, the adultification of young girls and the malleability of young minds (and why that's both amazing but also dangerous)

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
um - you need to read up more on that film - it got mis-marketed by netflix - by all accounts this is all coming from people who havent seen it

the whole point of the film is to explore the over-sexualisation of young girls by society and how it adversely affects them as they grow up experiencing those hyper-sexualised pressures etc.

the marketing made it seem like it was what is described in those warnings above - but context is important to those scenes and it's supposed to be uncomfortable

argue with the execution all you want but someone grappled with some difficult subject matter and contextualised it through the lens that filmmakers use

there's a lot of outrage from people who haven't actually watched the film - and a lot of death threats sent to the director over a marketing campaign that made the film look completely different

so blame netflix but the film itself is not the creepy pedophilic thing its being described as: it's literally a commentary on the predatory behaviours of men, the adultification of young girls and the malleability of young minds (and why that's both amazing but also dangerous)
Why the fuck would directors and producers ask young children to do shit like this?

But more importantly, how the fuck are the parents of these kids okay with this?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Why the fuck would directors and producers ask young children to do shit like this?

But more importantly, how the fuck are the parents of these kids okay with this?

the 1st one of these would be an issue if they were actually asking the actresses to do all those things but they're not - they're asking them to act

we ask kids in movies to re-enact all sorts of awful situations that they wouldnt be allowed to actually engage in because that's the sort of shit that kids do - the whole point of this stuff is that you're horrified by it

the 2nd tweet is more of a legitimate concern but that's the kind of stuff that goes through all sorts of child protection based risk assessment stuff with educational stuff done with the kids and their parents - their parents and/or guardians are always going to have to give the ok in these sorts of situations and there'd be a chaperone on set the whole time whose one job is solely the care of those kids

it will have been explained to them what they're doing and why they're doing it

the whole point of this film is the first question in this post - why would they ask young children to do this shit? well that's the point - society is literally encouraging girls of that age to sexualise themselves from a young age and it's commenting on that societal aspect - the way it comes from music (hence the reason for their provocative dancing - twerking etc. it's copied from adults that they see do those same things in the film)

it's literally based off the experiences of adultification of the director herself

you can argue it's misjudged but this weird moral panic is a massive overreaction

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I'm glad Steppenwolf died. Dude was a bitch in the original cut. Even the parademons towards the end were like, "this dude is straight pussy. GET HIM!"

Nurps

MVP
Godzilla vs Kong is a hot fuggin mess. Terrible characters/acting, plot holes galore, and just retarded storyline. That said, the battle scenes are GORGEOUS. So, all in all, as expected.......

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Kurt Warner's story of grocery store clerk to NFL Hall of Famer comes to the big screen this December.

Nurps

MVP
I have a running joke with one of my best friends whos a Warner superfan that Kurt needs to come out of the closet. It drives him absolutely insane lol. I'm now telling him that this will be the plot twist in the movie.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Space Jam 2: A new Legacy comes out today. Lebron is so desperate to be MJ, now he's stealing his movie.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Space Jam 2: A new Legacy comes out today. Lebron is so desperate to be MJ, now he's stealing his movie.

Bill Murray is the real Space Jam star anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk