• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Movie Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This whole thing made me watch it again last night.

it's got one of my favourite shots in recent cinema

the last shot in this clip is incredible
- the colour is stunning but also the way their silhouettes descend and it's like the ground just swallows them up as they descend into hell and out of the beautiful colour and light of the world above

Nurps

MVP
ive got the hard copy dvd lol - dont get all the dark artefacts from the data loss when streaming

streaming may have taken over the world but i dont think im gonna be getting rid of any of the hard copies ive got of media because the picture's always way more crisp
I hear ya. I still have all my older DVDS but I haven’t bought one, save a concert, in years. My streaming does really well and I still won’t give up the plasma tvs I own just because of how inky black the blacks are.

Nurps

MVP
it's got one of my favourite shots in recent cinema

the last shot in this clip is incredible
- the colour is stunning but also the way their silhouettes descend and it's like the ground just swallows them up as they descend into hell and out of the beautiful colour and light of the world above

This movie was great, yet again. I also watched Prisoners first and that was a great movie as well. Missing person movies are really freaky when done well. This was a good one.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Wtf, y’all can’t just talk about Villenueve without pinging me!

I have a shortlist of directors whom I will watch whatever they make:
Villenueve
Nolan
Sheridan

I’ll also watch whatever Aaron Sorkin writes

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Save your money - Nope wasn't it

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Really? I had such high hopes. I'll still watch it, maybe not in a theater though.
Interesting - I’ve heard great things so far
You know, reading more about it, I take it back. It's starting to make sense lol. I need to see it with subtitles though. It wasn't bad, just confusing the first time around and not what I was expecting

Nurps

MVP
You know, reading more about it, I take it back. It's starting to make sense lol. I need to see it with subtitles though. It wasn't bad, just confusing the first time around and not what I was expecting
Why subtitiles?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Why subtitiles?
It helps me understand what's going on and it's easier for me to follow along. Sometimes it's difficult to understand what they're saying so the subtitles help which is why I understand movies that I watch at home much more lol

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure if anyone else is watching West World but is it just me or did this show fall off a cliff after season 2? Season 4 is packed full of interesting information but jeez it’s been boring

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Downstairs AF.

1663795602435.png