• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Movie Thread

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Many saints of Newark was extremely disappointing to me…

Felt just like a bunch of callbacks and fan service. The movie as a whole didn't feel necessary with the direction it went. That said some good performances. Thought Harold, Dickie and Tony's mom played their roles great.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Felt just like a bunch of callbacks and fan service. The movie as a whole didn't feel necessary with the direction it went. That said some good performances. Thought Harold, Dickie and Tony's mom played their roles great.
That’s exactly how I felt. It was a 2 hour long red herring full of memes with an irrelevant ending.

that said, it’s extremely in character for the “offender” here…

and yeah, livia was PERFECTLY done and somehow they found a woman who looks like Edie falco’s twin who also nails her role, which is obviously a callback to all the Melfi-Tony “OHHH I DO NOT WANNA FUCK MY MUDDA” arguments they had.

Sil was hilarious, but cartoonishly overdone. Paulie definitely needed more dialogue.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
That’s exactly how I felt. It was a 2 hour long red herring full of memes with an irrelevant ending.

that said, it’s extremely in character for the “offender” here…

and yeah, livia was PERFECTLY done and somehow they found a woman who looks like Edie falco’s twin who also nails her role, which is obviously a callback to all the Melfi-Tony “OHHH I DO NOT WANNA FUCK MY MUDDA” arguments they had.

Sil was hilarious, but cartoonishly overdone. Paulie definitely needed more dialogue.

Completely agree.

For your with last comment. It felt like a Sil impersonation while young Paulie really felt like the character himself.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Dust this off to say I enjoyed The Batman. Good score, liked the detective story and great cinematography. Felt they did an excellent job making Gotham feel like a real place.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Went on a Taylor Sheridan kick today.
Those Who Wish Me Dead
Wind River
Hell Or High Water

So it was a good day