• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Movie Thread

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
kind of over marvel tbh

but ill go and see this one probably - first trailer gave me chills, this one not so much
Bro you too? Ever since Endgame, my interest in Marvel movies declined to damn near zero. I saw WandaVision which was alright (and I love Vision) to prepare myself for Dr. Strange 2. From what I heard of Dr. Strange 2, I had no interest in seeing it.

Never cared for Loki as a character and the list goes on and on. Marvel post-Avengers has been very uninteresting to say the least.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Bro you too? Ever since Endgame, my interest in Marvel movies declined to damn near zero. I saw WandaVision which was alright (and I love Vision) to prepare myself for Dr. Strange 2. From what I heard of Dr. Strange 2, I had no interest in seeing it.

Never cared for Loki as a character and the list goes on and on. Marvel post-Avengers has been very uninteresting to say the least.

i was already getting bored before endgame but the fact that there was an endgame on the horizon got me through to what i thought was the end... and then it just kept on going

i found loki and wandavision interesting in their own ways... but mostly because they were doing things that felt different

mostly ive become pretty resentful of marvel (and disney generally) and what it's done/doing to the film industry and especially with how it relates to the VFX industry

there's a reason that films right now look worse than they've done maybe ever... a look that some have called "grey sludge"

sometimes i put on some mid-tier action movie/thriller or even just a random rom-com from the 90s or early 2000s and am blown away by how amazing they look... they look well lit, thoughtfully framed, coloured correctly

and the most damning thing of all (for how much these things cost), go and look at the VFX on something like pirates of the Caribbean or lord of the rings and marvel looks awful by comparison 20 years later and it's nothing to do with the tech because if you look at Dune or some other non-marvel/non-netflix media you can see a massive difference in quality and final product

TL;DR: i will watch wakanda forever because i trust ryan coogler and the first trailer gave me chills but im all the way out on marvel in general - im way more excited about avatar 2, a franchise ive barely thought about for a decade

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

Endgame felt like the perfect ending to all of the setup they did. I enjoy the new stuff they've put out, but I've only really liked and felt like going back to a few of the movies/shows they've done since.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Endgame felt like the perfect ending to all of the setup they did. I enjoy the new stuff they've put out, but I've only really liked and felt like going back to a few of the movies/shows they've done since.

they need to find something fresh
it's not enough to just have new characters face a slightly different world ending skybeam threat

you've got to take some stylistic or narrative risk - it's why the media ive enjoyed have been wandavision and loki because they did something atypical of the rest of marvel's oeuvre at that point in time

also just tough to believe that things like multiverse of madness are must-see things when everything, everywhere, all at once came out around the same time and blew it out of the water

if you've not seen that movie, i'd recommend it to anyone

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So... has anyone actually seen the new movie Cocaine Bear? Hollywood ran out of original ideas years ago but this feels like it really says... we are out of ideas.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
So... has anyone actually seen the new movie Cocaine Bear? Hollywood ran out of original ideas years ago but this feels like it really says... we are out of ideas.
I honestly can’t remember the last time I went to the theatre. I think it was Avengers Endgame. That’s the kind of movie it takes to get me in there these days

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was also told by a trusted source that "Meth-Gator" is in the pipeline...... because Florida......
I’m in

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
What’s everyone think of “last of us”. Started out great, but I’m concerned down the stretch

redrum52

Hall of Famer
What’s everyone think of “last of us”. Started out great, but I’m concerned down the stretch

I think it's been good. The game is obviously a better telling but I don't know what people expected. When playing through the story was damn near perfect to me at the time.