• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Combine

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Again, this drill is dumb but you could see Tyler Smith struggle heavily there. Footwork was a mess.

so much of it's taught - notable that his teammate chris paul was heel-clicking and looked clumsy in that drill also
i also saw a guy who's clearly a good athlete but who's footwork (technique) was a mess as you say

he's one of the few guys im actually interested in watching during the pass set drill to see what's going on with his upkick

also with all the guys slipping today it makes me even more pissed off that this isnt being done on grass - someone's gonna have their ankle or knee go at some point

Simba

Staff Member
so much of it's taught - notable that his teammate chris paul was heel-clicking and looked clumsy in that drill also
i also saw a guy who's clearly a good athlete but who's footwork (technique) was a mess as you say

he's one of the few guys im actually interested in watching during the pass set drill to see what's going on with his upkick

also with all the guys slipping today it makes me even more pissed off that this isnt being done on grass - someone's gonna have their ankle or knee go at some point

Agreed on Smith. There's still a lot to like but you aren't getting your spoils day 1 with him. An OL coach is going to love getting ahold of him but it's not a guarantee by any stretch.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Agreed on Smith. There's still a lot to like but you aren't getting your spoils day 1 with him. An OL coach is going to love getting ahold of him but it's not a guarantee by any stretch.

i think the hand stuff is pretty easy to fix - but yeah the footwork stuff is more messy and will probably take longer to fix

he just looks like he's not been coached that well tbh - maybe he's not coachable and if he's still on the board on day 3 then i guess that tells you the interviews didnt go well

just raw - this drill they're just starting is probably going to be the most interesting drill to watch for tyler

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
really intrigued to find out what trevor penning's 3 cone and shuttle come in at...

his former teammate spencer brown had a straight 10 Ras score last year with these numbers:

BrownPenning
height6'86'7
weight311325
bench29n/a
vert31.528
broad9'99'3
40 yd4.944.91
10 yd split1.691.71
3 cone6.96
shuttle4.4

for context with spencer brown's 3 cone... it's 1/100th slower than rashod bateman as an idea of just how freaky that is
penning with 14 extra lbs putting up somewhat comparable numbers (although slightly behind) is pretty cool
I’m not gonna come close to changing my tune on penning because of a combine

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m not gonna come close to changing my tune on penning because of a combine

oh sure - me neither - just pointing out the similarity in their profiles (and for reference ive got pretty similar grades on the 2 of them... slightly higher on penning than i was on brown but we're talking the difference between an early 2 and a mid 2 - i was really high on spencer brown last year)

im just suggesting that if penning runs a crazy quick 3 cone that i might have to see if i can find that agility and flexibility on tape (he still has no shot at being in play at 14... this is more about where he stacks on the board more generally)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
so many OL here that it's taken nearly 4 hours to get through them all
i nearly turned off just now before i realised we've still got the RBs to go

and all this is just a precursor to the main event which is this EDGE/DL group tomorrow with a bunch of freaky athletes:
Hutch, KT, Ojabo, Walker, Karlaftis, JJ, Mafe, Davis, Wyatt and the rest are gonna jump out the gym and run like their hair's on fire

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t have cable. How does Faalele look during these drills? Good enough for the Ravens to be intrigued, but bad enough for him to make it to us at pick 45 I hope

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kyren Williams just ran a 4.72 - hopefully that helps him fall so we can pick him up for cheap

Ouch. Our own, Edgar Allen, was the one who put me on Kyren with his YouTube video. 4.72 though will hurt him for sure.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don’t have cable. How does Faalele look during these drills? Good enough for the Ravens to be intrigued, but bad enough for him to make it to us at pick 45 I hope

didnt work out or test not sure if there's an injury or something - would have liked to see him redirect during the drills

linderbaum, neal, goedeke the other guys i know of who decided not to test or drill for whatever reasons