• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Combine

rossihunter2

Staff Member
massive changes again from the unofficial to the official times here - this time a bunch of guys with quicker times than the unofficial... so it's not even like we're getting this wrong consistently the same way...

if they really do want this to survive as a primetime event then the times have to be better - there's no reason why they shouldnt be using electric/laser timers or even the photo-finish tech to get these times right

JO_75

Hall of Famer
yeah just saw the arm length and came here to say that - 296 is very good for him (but less good if he cant prove that he can still be a supreme athlete at a heavier weight) but 31 and 1/8 is really not great, in fact it's apparently the 4th shortest by a C ever at the combine - especially worrying when longer guys are the types of pass rushers who've given him the most trouble on tape

all just to say what we already knew, which is that he's not going to be on most power/gap team boards in the 1st round

I think him going in the first round might not be the case, maybe bottom of the first just for the fifth year option but I think Tackle is going to be where we go if draft OL at 14. I think at 14 we could see a top tackle fall to us just like how Tristian Wirfs fell to the Bucs at 14 in 2020. Perhaps maybe we try to get a deal done with Bozeman if we don't like the other Centers in the class but to me it's definitely going to be EDGE or OT at 14, at least pre-free agency.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think him going in the first round might not be the case, maybe bottom of the first just for the fifth year option but I think Tackle is going to be where we go if draft OL at 14. I think at 14 we could see a top tackle fall to us just like how Tristian Wirfs fell to the Bucs at 14 in 2020. Perhaps maybe we try to get a deal done with Bozeman if we don't like the other Centers in the class but to me it's definitely going to be EDGE or OT at 14, at least pre-free agency.

the last couple of drafts some high level OT talent has fallen out of the top 10 for unexplained reasons sure... Becton and Wirfs in 2020 and Slater in 2021 - but with the bad QB class and the lack of premier blue-chip prospects i just find it hard to see any of the 3 OTs falling to us

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
it is absurdly small - he's an idiot for not getting them measured at the senior bowl - would have been obviously a discussion at the time but people would have got over it (or reconciled it) by now - but now it's going to be one of the most annoying and hard to get away from stories of the combine

even more of an issue for him because he struggled on the wet day at the senior bowl too

obviously every measurement needs context and outliers happen all the time - joe burrow only had 9 inch hands and that was considered small but not damning

8.5 is legit tiny for a QB but the teams that were interested would have gotten over it by now if he'd measured at the senior bowl rather than delaying the inevitable
just for context. Russell Wilson's hand size is 10 1/4"

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i have struggled at times to 1 hand a properly inflated rugby ball which is a bit girthier than an nfl football but ive been fine with nfl balls gripping them (especially because of the laces too)

but i cant imagine it being super easy once your hands get smaller than mine (which ive just found out pickett's are lol)
give me a k-2 and I can fling it....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I thought he would end up close to if not in the top 10 anyway, but if he moves, it's only going to move someone else down. I still believe 2 QBs get chosen before us, now we need WRs to be taken before us also.

he and stingley are my 2 favourite guys in this class

if he goes super high and pushes stingley (or KT or someone of that ilk) down then that's an ok tradeoff - but i just think he is/was our best opportunity of finding that dominant, violent freak type at 14 lol

i still think there's a chance especially if the other 5 in the top 6 also show up as expected and destroy the combine (especially karlaftis... would be really good for the chances of travon falling if GK blows up the combine too)

ill be disappointed if both my guys go ahead of us (which is fairly likely at this point)

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I thought he would end up close to if not in the top 10 anyway, but if he moves, it's only going to move someone else down. I still believe 2 QBs get chosen before us, now we need WRs to be taken before us also.

Who’s the 2 QB you see going top 13? I think only Malik goes.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
he and stingley are my 2 favourite guys in this class

if he goes super high and pushes stingley (or KT or someone of that ilk) down then that's an ok tradeoff - but i just think he is/was our best opportunity of finding that dominant, violent freak type at 14 lol

i still think there's a chance especially if the other 5 in the top 6 also show up as expected and destroy the combine (especially karlaftis... would be really good for the chances of travon falling if GK blows up the combine too)

ill be disappointed if both my guys go ahead of us (which is fairly likely at this point)

Saw this lil part on Walker and thought about you @rossihunter2

had to youtube clip it lol

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
lance knows lol
teams should just let it happen

It does suck that Browns draft right before us. Feel like they gon take EDGE and bypass WR with the WR group always being so deep nowadays. If they pair Jermaine or Travon with Myles Garrett, imma be sick to my stomach.