• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I saw mentions on twitter Ross has a spinal issue.

had a spinal issue that he had to have surgery on
then had a foot issue this year

made sense that he went undrafted - but im surprised he's not been signed as a udfa

unless teams's medical checks have shown up some more problems with the spinal injury - if he's not been signed soon, got to think that medical re-checks showed up long-term concerns about his ability to play

Simba

Staff Member

made sense that he went undrafted - but im surprised he's not been signed as a udfa

unless teams's medical checks have shown up some more problems with the spinal injury - if he's not been signed soon, got to think that medical re-checks showed up long-term concerns about his ability to play
I'd guess he's going over some offers and seeing which one he wants rather than him not having offers.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

That's tough for Ross.

marklar

Pro Bowler
My summary: amazing value all over the picks. I'not sure I see a 53 man roster though as we're overloaded at some positions (safety, TE) and threadbare elsewhere (ILB, WR), but I tust EDC and Harbs to balance it before week 1

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
My summary: amazing value all over the picks. I'not sure I see a 53 man roster though as we're overloaded at some positions (safety, TE) and threadbare elsewhere (ILB, WR), but I tust EDC and Harbs to balance it before week 1
I really don't see why Edge isn't the priority need. Like maybe some people are higher on Ojabo's recovery time than I am, but I just assume he's missing most if not the whole year, especially when he'll certainly get no camp or preseason.

Our pass rush room looks largely the same as it did before the draft, which wasn't great. Maybe we bolstered the interior a bit, but that's my primary focus right now.
WR is second. Only reason I'm not losing sleep over that is a) we now have a bunch of pass catching TE's on the roster and b) we've got some players on the roster that we've invested in through the draft in prior years (Duvernay, Proche, Wallace). They should step up.
ILB I'm not really bothered with. Pretty clear to me that Clark is going to move into more of a hybrid role anyway. This defense will likely be at its best when there's only one ILB on the field.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really don't see why Edge isn't the priority need. Like maybe some people are higher on Ojabo's recovery time than I am, but I just assume he's missing most if not the whole year, especially when he'll certainly get no camp or preseason.

Our pass rush room looks largely the same as it did before the draft, which wasn't great. Maybe we bolstered the interior a bit, but that's my primary focus right now.
WR is second. Only reason I'm not losing sleep over that is a) we now have a bunch of pass catching TE's on the roster and b) we've got some players on the roster that we've invested in through the draft in prior years (Duvernay, Proche, Wallace). They should step up.
ILB I'm not really bothered with. Pretty clear to me that Clark is going to move into more of a hybrid role anyway. This defense will likely be at its best when there's only one ILB on the field.
No doubt were bringing in a free agent pass rusher. When and for how much is the only question. 2023 will be a fun year with a healthy Oweh, Ojabo, and Bowser.

Simba

Staff Member
Very interesting

Curious who else was on the board when we chose Likely. A slower WR and the only one between then and our 6th that fits that description was Kyle Philips. Only LBer picked early in the 5th was Micah McFadden, but then a host in the early 6th before our last pick.

Also the Spiller and White note was interesting. Seems like they weren’t pressed on those guys though if they wanted Kolar and Stout that bad. They got the big 3 plus the punter they wanted and then had to divert for the last 2. Not bad at all honestly.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
No doubt were bringing in a free agent pass rusher. When and for how much is the only question. 2023 will be a fun year with a healthy Oweh, Ojabo, and Bowser.
No doubt. I'm just not sure that a Justin Houston-level acquisition is going to move the needle that much.
At the moment, 2 of your top 3 edge rushers are coming off Achilles injuries that occurred during this calendar year. If neither played this year or didn't play well, it wouldn't surprise me. I know there's plenty of optimism about Bowser, but I'm skeptical of impact of a guy returning 9 months later.

I like what we're doing on the interior, so I think we may generate more pass rush there, which would be a welcome addition to a team that hasn't done much of that in almost a decade. But I came out of the weekend thinking that we got a great value in round 2 and as a long term play, but we did practically nothing on day 3 to address that, which is what I would have expected.

We came out of an alleged super deep and talented edge rush class with one guy who may not play this year. That's not ideal.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I completely forgot that Clowney was still a FA and FAs don't count against comp picks after 4 today I think.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
No doubt. I'm just not sure that a Justin Houston-level acquisition is going to move the needle that much.
At the moment, 2 of your top 3 edge rushers are coming off Achilles injuries that occurred during this calendar year. If neither played this year or didn't play well, it wouldn't surprise me. I know there's plenty of optimism about Bowser, but I'm skeptical of impact of a guy returning 9 months later.

I like what we're doing on the interior, so I think we may generate more pass rush there, which would be a welcome addition to a team that hasn't done much of that in almost a decade. But I came out of the weekend thinking that we got a great value in round 2 and as a long term play, but we did practically nothing on day 3 to address that, which is what I would have expected.

We came out of an alleged super deep and talented edge rush class with one guy who may not play this year. That's not ideal.
I’m not high on our day 3 for the same reason, double dipping at TE felt stupid, take a stab at literally any other position.

Simba

Staff Member
I’m not high on our day 3 for the same reason, double dipping at TE felt stupid, take a stab at literally any other position.
Reading that article and hearing them speak afterwards, I’m not sure they’re really viewing Likely as a TE. Sounds a lot like that guy is going to be playing more WR than anything. Not sure I see him in that light but it’s an interesting experiment.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I agree. Although I think he could be back in November, he certainly won't be 100% and he's just a rookie. I think anytime is a plus, but we probably will resign Justin Houston. I also believe we bring in a veteran for the room, because all of our guys on on rookie deals. Would be good to have a veteran in the room, even if he is a depth piece. We have to be prepared for injury in the WR room.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Reading that article and hearing them speak afterwards, I’m not sure they’re really viewing Likely as a TE. Sounds a lot like that guy is going to be playing more WR than anything. Not sure I see him in that light but it’s an interesting experiment.
I don’t see it either, he moves like an H back but he’s seen catching a lot of verts on tape. I’ve been intrigued by likely for a while but I’m kinda surprised we took him. Hopefully he just changes his body type and actually does convert