• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
FYI:

only 2 people have submitted their guess the picks names for this year so far and time is running out...
if anyone wants to build out their list before tomorrow at 8pm

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Some common connections I'm seeing based on various buzz from various insiders around the league:

Top 2 picks seem somewhat set right now with Travon and Hutch

Jets and Jermaine Johnson (but could take him at 4 or wait and hope he makes it to 10)
Giants and Charles Cross
Eagles and Jameson Williams (might need to trade up to get him)
Commanders and Garrett Wilson+Drake London
Steelers and Malik Willis (probably worst kept secret since January lol)
Saints and either Evan Neal/Trevor Penning
Cowboys and Kenyon Green
Falcons and QB (might not be at 8)
Pats and Quay Walker

Simba

Staff Member
Some common connections I'm seeing based on various buzz from various insiders around the league:

Jets and Jermaine Johnson (but could take him at 4 or wait and hope he makes it to 10)
Giants and Charles Cross
Cowboys and Kenyon Green
Pats and Quay Walker
It'd be fantastic if that WR run starts early with Atlanta, Washington, and some team moving up for whoever the first 2 don't take. Seeing a lot of buzz on Atlanta potentially going that route.

Simba

Staff Member

Giants and Charles Cross
Cowboys and Kenyon Green
Pats and Quay Walker
Also the Quay Walker stuff is interesting. So much buzz on that today and a few guys have said they would have adjusted their mocks had they gotten the info earlier.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Also the Quay Walker stuff is interesting. So much buzz on that today and a few guys have said they would have adjusted their mocks had they gotten the info earlier.
Is this because Lloyd is expected to already be gone or they just have him number 1 ILB

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Interesting that Hutchinson would drop out of the top 3 and into the hands of the Jets at 4 if this happened. I think Travon is a lock to Jacksonville, Lions could go either way with KT or Hutch and I agree with Stingley going to Houston at 3. Could Hutchinson be someone we trade up for if he somehow fell to 6?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It'd be fantastic if that WR run starts early with Atlanta, Washington, and some team moving up for whoever the first 2 don't take. Seeing a lot of buzz on Atlanta potentially going that route.

yeah i think Falcons are basically gonna be either 1) WR 2) EDGE or 3) Trading out... and i think the Saints might be a team that wants to come up and get ahead of the seahawks at 9 who dont just need 1 starting tackle but 2 lol - and the saints can get up there likely without giving up their other 1st rounder

i think the seahawks at 9 might be a spot that the eagles would aim to come up to from 15 too - get ahead of the jets at 10 who might be taking a WR and the commanders at 11 who almost definitely are and get jameson williams first

i have no idea what the panthers are gonna do if they cant trade out of 6... feels like with the news about them not trading for mayfield that they have to get a QB in the draft but DJ's mock that's about to drop apparently has no QBs in the top half... allbright and some insiders seem to think it's charles cross or kenny pickett but seen some panthers beat guys pooh-pooh the idea of QB at 6

and the odds are all over the place on QBs and the Panthers lol

Simba

Staff Member
yeah i think Falcons are basically gonna be either 1) WR 2) EDGE or 3) Trading out... and i think the Saints might be a team that wants to come up and get ahead of the seahawks at 9 who dont just need 1 starting tackle but 2 lol - and the saints can get up there likely without giving up their other 1st rounder

i think the seahawks at 9 might be a spot that the eagles would aim to come up to from 15 too - get ahead of the jets at 10 who might be taking a WR and the commanders at 11 who almost definitely are and get jameson williams first

i have no idea what the panthers are gonna do if they cant trade out of 6... feels like with the news about them not trading for mayfield that they have to get a QB in the draft but DJ's mock that's about to drop apparently has no QBs in the top half... allbright and some insiders seem to think it's charles cross or kenny pickett but seen some panthers beat guys pooh-pooh the idea of QB at 6

and the odds are all over the place on QBs and the Panthers lol
I'm almost to the point with the Panthers where I'd be surprised if they didn't try their best to trade out for lesser value in order to take the QB later. I think they want a QB but know they can't justify it at 6 with their lack of picks. They need to do something at QB but don't have the capital to do so when they actually should. All in all, there are likely to be wholesale changes in Carolina after the season.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Interesting that Hutchinson would drop out of the top 3 and into the hands of the Jets at 4 if this happened. I think Travon is a lock to Jacksonville, Lions could go either way with KT or Hutch and I agree with Stingley going to Houston at 3. Could Hutchinson be someone we trade up for if he somehow fell to 6?

do we know if this guy is credible at all?
because this goes against everything we've seen everywhere else...

Simba

Staff Member
This one is funny because it's Schefter who is a shill for agents getting this directly from an agent who is a shill for his player lol

Simba

Staff Member
the fact that the quote even says "surprise" is 100% a last gasp attempt to pump up his player's value late in the process (telling teams to come get him early to make sure you get him)
Especially considering one analyst said the other day that he had heard varied grades for Jackson, spanning from the 2nd to the 5th. Easy to see the game being played here.