• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Or there's not much trading, KT goes top 5 like he will, of which we're probably never trading up that high for him anyway, and most of the players we expect to be gone are, actually, gone.
Or stingley, or sauce, or whatever.

All it takes is one qb and one receiver getting drafted and suddenly an out of reach prospect is in trade range, at which point we do what we always do and back out because of a day 3 pick

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

All it takes is one qb and one receiver getting drafted and suddenly an out of reach prospect is in trade range, at which point we do what we always do and back out because of a day 3 pick
Not sure it's that simple. Who's in the "out of reach" prospect range? I don't think any of the Tackles are trade up targets for us, and I don't think Hamilton is either.
Basically the only positions I see us trading up to get are pass rushers or Corners, and I'm not sure any of the premier guys will be available beyond 10.
We shall see, but I don't think its going to be like there's 3-4 guys we love available in the 10-12 range. And if there is, trading up makes no sense anyway.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler

Some of the mocks are really heavy on WR's. Personally, I think it could happen that there is a run of WR's going early after the cost of WR went up so dramatically recently. I think we are LB/Edge or CB initially, but if Hamilton falls somehow, we'd be foolish not to take him... He's big and can fill some LB duties and would be a great improvement over Jefferson. If it's not one of those positions that fall to us, I think we move back if we can. I have the feeling that they feel like more picks is better than taking a WR, even if that's the best available still on our board...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
duke manyweather came out and debunked it - neal didnt even have a medical recheck and was cleared at the combine
that's awful if that is even being posted, if it's true that he didn't have a medical recheck. I hate when Walter puts these things out there that that far off and he typically has good information on rumors.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Benjamin Allbright who normally has a pretty good insight on the draft class every year as an insider has released his 1 and only mock:

Two things I agree with. Thibs won't make it past Seattle and the Giants are taking a top CB to fit Wink's defense. Like the Jordan Davis pick and I want to see 7-8 players drafted on defense with 3 being dline. Davis, a 1 tech and a 5 tech.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
cmon-do-something-original-cmon.gif

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ravens take Jordan Davis over Evan Neal? That would be shocking to say the least.

tbf when talking about it in the little accompanying podcast on the mock he basically talked about how if it fell this way that the ravens may well just take Neal - but said that Davis just feels like a ravens pick

he also said the saints and neal was more a projection of team and player rather than spot - thinks in this scenario the saints would have traded up to go get Neal - thinks the 2 guys they like are Neal and Penning

some interesting intel on some of the teams in that mock when he was talking about them