• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simba

Staff Member
haha it's not even bait lol - they always have the previous year's draft written up with all the picks on in the draft room
when they showed us what the new war room looks like last year they had 2020's picks all written up too
And I feel like the reason it stays up has to be some stupid reason like a bet to see which intern fucks up and erases it first and it just hasn't happened yet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Just trying to digest things from last night. Not that I don’t really like Kyle Hamilton, I just think having another quality corner like McDuffie is almost a necessity these days with going against a team like the Bengals and Chiefs. God forbid Marlon or Marcus get hurt again, as our depth really drops off.

I also think Linderbaum can improve our team but I really thought JJ was a top 15 talent and we really need to get after these QBs. I think Linderbaum would be a possible grab still there in the second and it probably would not have cost all that much to move up a few spots if we needed to.

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
just had a quick look

dude's so thin, it's wild - can clearly see the testing speed on the field and the length and has decent hands - but he's not got play-strength, doesnt have much route nuance, limited route tree and not a threat to ever break a tackle

good ball tracking but doesnt seem to consistently come back to the ball

some nice traits for sure, but the play-strength could kill him - he's gonna get pressed into oblivion in the NFL and he's not gonna break tackles in the short game
No suddenness and stiff in his hips as well. Just all around I don’t see even a glimpse of a pro receiver, Jaleel Scott looked better as a prospect

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lol like he isnt fast at all
You said “looks af” lol but man I gotta ask what you’re watching, and did you watch him before or after the combine? Because you’re the first person I’ve seen say he looks slow on tape, the more typical response was people being downright shocked that he ran what he did

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think we are going Ojabo. Eric tipped his hand a little. If we like Mafe we can sit and see the first few picks before a trade...really want Ebeketie/Ojabo.

We need Safeties to be taken in the first few

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
he closes like a train - he's fast - just not shifty and quick - his flying 20yd was very similar to lewis cine who ran 4.37
and on top of that, at safety, range is as much about processing as it is about speed - hamilton's often breaking before other guys would
Yea im not tripping at all about his speed but you can for sure notice it on his tape..

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Do want to give @rmcjacket23 credit on the Hamilton stuff yesterday. While I personally had him in my top 10 (#9 to be exact), I just felt like the Ravens and the NFL as a whole wouldn't have him that high. Glad to be wrong in this case.
You’re not the only one who felt that way, and I find it odd, Kyle hamilton falling to 14 feels like a classic ravens pick

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know my thing with McCreary lol. Probably higher on him than most personally.

But I can see that with Woolen. Also a soft spot personally because I was on him before he blew up the combine.
love McReary. Woolen has crazy make up ability and is pretty spectacular at disrupting at catch point but he's pretty shoddy at the line..guys just get off and he plays catch up. I am intrigued by him developmentally though