• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any one else feel like something else is brewing behind the scenes in Baltimore? I don't dislike the moves but its surely feel like some fuckery is going on. Hollywood trade, Lamar being a little over the top on twitter, clearly no shot at a replacement WR at 23......

I wonder if the Ravens view this year as more of stabilizing and rebuilding year. I'm also wondering if a Lamar trade is on the table with a strong 2023 QB class.
I just think he asked for a trade and they realised that it would have been difficult to fit him under the cap. Don't think there's too much more to it than that. There's decent WRs to be had on day 2.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
You don't trade a franchise quarterback because you might get one a year from now.

That's some Peter Griffin mystery box shit.
It doesn't make sense from a competitive stand point, but financially that's a different story. We now know Brown was asking to leave Baltimore, who knows what could happen with Lamar

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
It doesn't make sense from a competitive stand point, but financially that's a different story. We now know Brown was asking to leave Baltimore, who knows what could happen with Lamar
The Ravens will pay Lamar whatever he wants when he's ready to negotiate. That isn't a question.

The Christian Kirk situation blew the wide receiver market wide open. We saw Adams, Hill, and AJ get traded. Deebo wants out. I don't think that says a thing about Rodgers, Mahomes, Tannehill, or Lance. I think teams view WR as too expensive and think they can get players who play well on rookie contracts for a fraction of the price.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Ravens will pay Lamar whatever he wants when he's ready to negotiate. That isn't a question.
lol you speak in certainties after this off season?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just think he asked for a trade and they realised that it would have been difficult to fit him under the cap. Don't think there's too much more to it than that. There's decent WRs to be had on day 2.
I think they could be gearing up for DK as well

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Any one else feel like something else is brewing behind the scenes in Baltimore? I don't dislike the moves but its surely feel like some fuckery is going on. Hollywood trade, Lamar being a little over the top on twitter, clearly no shot at a replacement WR at 23......

I wonder if the Ravens view this year as more of stabilizing and rebuilding year. I'm also wondering if a Lamar trade is on the table with a strong 2023 QB class.
1. No, I think it means the Ravens traded Brown because he did not want to be here and would live with the consequences. I think Baltimore decided it was best to trade him before it becomes both a distraction and public to diminish his value.

2. I don’t see why you trade Lamar. He’s widely considered an elite player by the players and probably one of the most important barometers. You also have no idea what the 2023 QB becomes. Huge gamble to trade without knowing that.

If anything, we probably think we can sign a FA WR and draft another WR in a good class.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
1. No, I think it means the Ravens traded Brown because he did not want to be here and would live with the consequences. I think Baltimore decided it was best to trade him before it becomes both a distraction and public to diminish his value.

2. I don’t see why you trade Lamar. He’s widely considered an elite player by the players and probably one of the most important barometers. You also have no idea what the 2023 QB becomes. Huge gamble to trade without knowing that.

If anything, we probably think we can sign a FA WR and draft another WR in a good class.
I agree completely , but something just seems off. Perhaps I'm reading to much into Lamar's immaturity on social media. His reactions seems a little odd coming from a guy who was in the know of the Hollywood trade.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I agree completely , but something just seems off. Perhaps I'm reading to much into Lamar's immaturity on social media. His reactions seems a little odd coming from a guy who was in the know of the Hollywood trade.
This is me speculating, but...

I don't think Hollywood told Lamar and I don't think Lamar knew that he was going to Arizona for the draft.

Anyway, pretty happy with the picks now that I've had time to think about it. Kyle was on the top of a lot of big boards and Tyler the consensus best centre, they could go on to be the best at their respective positions in the NFL. Need to get an Edge and CB or WR tomorrow.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar Jackson is Lamar Jackson, but a 2023 quarterback could be anything... even Lamar Jackson.
Could be anything, better, worse, etc. Lamar could also regress but could become amazing without focusing always on Brown. I just look bad to the Sam Darnolds and Baker Mayfields and say…yeah, nothing is guaranteed
I think the social media stuff is a little overblown. We have no idea what he meant until he clarifies which will probably not happen until he’s asked directly by a reporter after some time passes. We may never know. My best guess is…

1. Lamar knew of the trade request but being Lamar probably hoped and assumed he could convince Hollywood to change his mind. This is probably true up until even the moment he was traded.

2. Lamar probably was pissed because even if he knew it was happening it doesn’t reduce the frustration when it happens for real. Lamar is an emotional guy. It’s not surprising he lost one of his best friends that he’d act like this.
I don't think Hollywood told Lamar and I don't think Lamar knew that he was going to Arizona for the draft.
I think that’s true. It’s also probably kind of different hearing it will happen and then seeing it. Kind of like a breakup and knowing your ex will see someone else but then seeing them with someone else. It’s hard to get over it.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

That's tough if true, some real Green Bay Packers/ Aaron Rodgers type stuff. Seems unlikely considering how professional the Ravens are... but who knows

That's tough if true, some real Green Bay Packers/ Aaron Rodgers type stuff. Seems unlikely considering how professional the Ravens are... but who knows
Well realistically that's the right thing to do, they obviously didn't want it getting out so the less people who know the better.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why would that involve the Ravens? I doubt we would know Brown would be at the Cardinals’ draft party or anything. That’s all on Brown man.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why would that involve the Ravens? I doubt we would know Brown would be at the Cardinals’ draft party or anything. That’s all on Brown man.
I was referring to Lamar not knowing the trade was coming

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar Jackson is Lamar Jackson, but a 2023 quarterback could be anything... even Lamar Jackson.
Give Lamar a good offensive line like in 2019 and he will be a MVP candidate again. Our offensive line was ranked no 2 in the league in 2019(MVP year) and 24th or 25th last year i think according to PFF.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was referring to Lamar not knowing the trade was coming
Ahhh yes I see. See below why I was confused, I thought you knew but Lamar knew about the trade. Doesn’t mean he liked it any more lol even if he knew it came from Brown himself.

Also looking back at how Brown tweeted after the trade, it really does sound like he pushed for it. I’m wondering if it was because of Roman or if it was because we wouldn’t pay him or if it was both.
DeCosta said last night they had talked to Lamar about it before it happened
Yup.
Give Lamar a good offensive line like in 2019 and he will be a MVP candidate again. Our offensive line was ranked no 2 in the league in 2019(MVP year) and 24th or 25th last year i think according to PFF.
This is true, and it’s why the Tyler move is good because you may not find another Brown but you can give Lamar more time with a C.