• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 General Draft Thoughts

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i mean it's not super surprising but looks like the ravens have been doing a lot of work with visits etc. on a bunch of WR and CB - from 1st rounders through to day 2 and maybe day 3 picks too

very few potential 1st round picks getting visits at other positions - so far looks like
Nolan Smith
Anthony Richardson

and idk maybe O'Cyrus Torrence (i dont think he's a 1st round pick but he's been mocked there a bunch)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think it's incredibly clear we're not gonna be selecting at 22

i think there's a few players that we'd stick and pick for

but it's highly unlikely that most of them will be there 100%

there's some guys i would take early that i think are gonna be there or near where we pick and i think it's likely that when we get on the clock at 22, we may well be moving down a tier list on the board and have a bunch of guys with similar grades making a move down somewhat more likely

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i think there's a few players that we'd stick and pick for

but it's highly unlikely that most of them will be there 100%

there's some guys i would take early that i think are gonna be there or near where we pick and i think it's likely that when we get on the clock at 22, we may well be moving down a tier list on the board and have a bunch of guys with similar grades making a move down somewhat more likely
If we're not picking a QB at 22 and if the absolute crazy WR/CB we're in LOVE with isn't there, we'll move back.

I think you're gonna see a run on CBs because they're that good and also at least 3 or 4 WRs be cause people gotta draft em. No one cared about this WR FA class

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If we're not picking a QB at 22 and if the absolute crazy WR/CB we're in LOVE with isn't there, we'll move back.

I think you're gonna see a run on CBs because they're that good and also at least 3 or 4 WRs be cause people gotta draft em. No one cared about this WR FA class

we wont be picking a QB at 22
if we're picking a QB it'll be somewhere much higher

i do think we'll move back but also... im not completely convinced we're pigeon-holed to just those 2 positions... id like our first pick to be a WR or a CB but I think there's a decent possibility that EDGE is BPA when we're on the board when we pick first

there may be a run at CB but I think there's probably 7 or maybe even more that teams will view as 1st rounders

Last edited:

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Us going after Darius Slay and doing nothing with Peters yet really makes me think we go Joey Porter or best corner around at the pick. If Marlon misses a game, we have a dreadful corner room. No point in investing all that capital in Hamilton and mwill

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Obviously not a real report but could be the truth or could be smoke screen

They're definitely getting one of the top three QBs. Feels like people are just taking turns in saying which one it'll be.

Though I'm not sure why the Panthers would actually care about hiding it at this point. Not like someone can get ahead of them.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
They're definitely getting one of the top three QBs. Feels like people are just taking turns in saying which one it'll be.

Though I'm not sure why the Panthers would actually care about hiding it at this point. Not like someone can get ahead of them.
Right and what psychopath GM would trade for number 1 just to trade it away

rossihunter2

Staff Member

the NFL has frowned upon teams with the number 1 pick picking before the draft begins because they feel it takes away some of the excitement and intrigue

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
the NFL has frowned upon teams with the number 1 pick picking before the draft begins because they feel it takes away some of the excitement and intrigue
It's funny how before the contract reworks teams would negotiate a deal with the top pick before the draft happened since they wanted it to be done already.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we don’t draft a qb before our 86th pick, our 86th pick will be either hendon hooker or Dorian Thompson-Robinson

I would be pumped with Hooker at 86. I think 2nd round is his floor though.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i think he has qualities that may make him a reasonable backup with some game manager traits - at that point i dont really care about age because he's an investment in a backup QB not a potential developmental starter
Ravens will need a starting QB, though. Hopefully not Snoop.