• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 General Draft Thoughts

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It really sounds like we got unlucky with the year we sucked and got a top 15 pick

looks like this year has the elite talent, the QBs, and some real depth at the top

last year was a deep draft but it really lacked the aliens that have defined some of the more recent classes

the EDGE class sounds ridiculous:

8 pass rushers is ridiculous lol
4 national title players feels a little underwhelming given last year's championship game had a ridiculous 7 and then a few others that may have been 1st rounders if not for injury or character concerns (Nakobe Dean, George Pickens, John Metchie)

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Siaki Ika feels like a Ravens kind of pick. Good player but will piss off the board until it turns out he's great for us.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It really sounds like we got unlucky with the year we sucked and got a top 15 pick

looks like this year has the elite talent, the QBs, and some real depth at the top

last year was a deep draft but it really lacked the aliens that have defined some of the more recent classes

the EDGE class sounds ridiculous:

8 pass rushers is ridiculous lol
4 national title players feels a little underwhelming given last year's championship game had a ridiculous 7 and then a few others that may have been 1st rounders if not for injury or character concerns (Nakobe Dean, George Pickens, John Metchie)

maybe that is correct, but I feel we ended up with an alien in Kyle Hamilton and Linderbaum may end up that way also. Just not as a pass rusher is all.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
How would they see Tanner McKee in the Ravens?
pass rusher i like jared verse
C/S Brian Branch
I really like Tanner McKee. He absolutely has the makings of a solid pro quarterback. He actually reminds me a bit of Flacco when he first came into the league.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The 2023 NFL Draft Order is now set. Bears get the first overall pick for the first time since 1947, Rams poor season gifted the Lions the 6th Overall Pick, and the Russell Wilson trade ended up giving Seattle the fifth overall pick. There is definitely room for top talent to fall to us, again depending on how the QB class shakes out leading up to the Draft and how far we go into the playoffs. Since I believe we will win the Super Bowl if Lamar comes back, I'll just assume we will be picking 31st.(Dolphins forfeited their selection due to the Tom Brady/Sean Payton tampering scandal)

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
I don't know if the accumulation will work, but seeing JL Skinner and imagining him with Hamilton and Roquan, uff
Skinner (Boise State) is a version of Hamilton, 6'4 220, maybe a little more aggressive, more physical

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I hope you’re right but the ravens have dropped the ball big time. It’s tough to work under incompetent leadership.
Bruh I'm all in. If I'm wrong about the biggest offseason move in the last 10 years of Ravens history, I'm done with the #SIIE. I'm putting it all on the line.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I don’t wanna live in a world with no #SIIE
Neither do I. But I just can't justify bringing it back if I flop on THIS #SIIE. Who knows.....maybe I might have an open forum on this site allowing folks to justify bringing it back if Lamar is gone.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Neither do I. But I just can't justify bringing it back if I flop on THIS #SIIE. Who knows.....maybe I might have an open forum on this site allowing folks to justify bringing it back if Lamar is gone.
if no #SIIE, then no #PITOFMISERY. They go hand in hand

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’m late to the party but what about Boutte with our 1st pick? When in doubt, draft an LSU WR lol

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Weird that Stroud hasn't declared yet. He's got nothing left to prove in college.

In this draft he may be the first QB off the board. If he goes back for his senior year, the 2024 draft has Caleb Williams and Drake Maye. This year he has a chance to go first overall, next year might be tough to go that early.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Weird that Stroud hasn't declared yet. He's got nothing left to prove in college.

In this draft he may be the first QB off the board. If he goes back for his senior year, the 2024 draft has Caleb Williams and Drake Maye. This year he has a chance to go first overall, next year might be tough to go that early.

only argument i can see is him being desperate to win a national championship and earn a bunch of NIL money
but idk that that's gonna be worth more than the 25m+ you get as a signing bonus for being the 2nd overall pick...