• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 General Draft Thoughts

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
I have been out of the loop on scouting draft picks but are there any good sites to get college film? Or should I just search up what I can on youtube?

Simba

Staff Member
An interesting but unsurprising note. Over time, you might get some more pro ready talent but losing some of the moldability of an underclassman.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
939371B2-7FBD-4474-B649-C7940405C878.jpeg

It’s draft szn boys.

Let’s goooo

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It really isn’t. Got me feeling like “wtf I’m in round 5 already?!” after 3 picks in.

Think last year with all those 4th round picks f’ed up our mentals lol

this is the 1st time since 2019 we havent had at least 4 picks on the first 2 days of the draft
this is the 1st time since 2004 we have fewer than 3 picks in the first 2 days of the draft

we've been spoilt recently with a bunch of 4th round picks (and day 3 picks generally)... 3 4ths in 2015, 5 4ths in 2016, 3 4ths in 2018, 3 4ths in 2019, 6 4ths in 2022

we've also had 2 1st rounders in 3 of the last 5 draft classes too

all of those factors are combining to make this draft feel so lean lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
this is the 1st time since 2019 we havent had at least 4 picks on the first 2 days of the draft
this is the 1st time since 2004 we have fewer than 3 picks in the first 2 days of the draft

we've been spoilt recently with a bunch of 4th round picks (and day 3 picks generally)... 3 4ths in 2015, 5 4ths in 2016, 3 4ths in 2018, 3 4ths in 2019, 6 4ths in 2022

we've also had 2 1st rounders in 3 of the last 5 draft classes too

all of those factors are combining to make this draft feel so lean lol
I know one way we could add picks to this draft.

Simba

Staff Member
Agreeing with this narrative when it comes to WR. Still in my limited film phase, and while there are guys I like, there's no one that I absolutely love just yet. Kinda feels like a 2019 draft where there's not a ton of confidence in the WR class but some will get drafted in round 2 and greatly outplay that draft slot... just hard to figure out which ones.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Agreeing with this narrative when it comes to WR. Still in my limited film phase, and while there are guys I like, there's no one that I absolutely love just yet. Kinda feels like a 2019 draft where there's not a ton of confidence in the WR class but some will get drafted in round 2 and greatly outplay that draft slot... just hard to figure out which ones.

Does this basically scream "trade down" for us if certain players are off the board before our pick?

Simba

Staff Member
Does this basically scream "trade down" for us if certain players are off the board before our pick?
I would never say one way or another. While WR is questionable, CB looks deep as shit at the top of the draft and there's a chance a guy like that could be available.