• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 General Draft Thoughts

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
Well, let's get back to talking about prospects:
without analyzing too deeply 2 players that I can see in the Raven uniform:
Nt: Siaki Ika 6'2 360 lbs, a tank in the middle like the Ravens like, hard against the run with some skill as an inside rusher, with a little conditioning work he can be a great addition.
Drew Sanders Ilb/olb 6'5 240 lbs, has the type of flexibility that the Ravens like, good tackler, good rushing skills, would need to improve in coverage but his size next to Hamilton in the middle would be very dangerous
To these I add:
Christian Gonzalez cb Oregon 6'1 200 . long arms, good speed, good tackler, lacks more confidence in looking for the interception, with a year of work he can be a solid starter.
Darnell Washington Te 6'7 270 , size says it all plus deep threat with decent speed and good hands, red zone weapon.
imagine him and Ricard blocking with the tackle and the guard coming after them, ufff you can't take that much punishment, we have good Te, but Washington is ideal

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
To these I add:
Christian Gonzalez cb Oregon 6'1 200 . long arms, good speed, good tackler, lacks more confidence in looking for the interception, with a year of work he can be a solid starter.
Darnell Washington Te 6'7 270 , size says it all plus deep threat with decent speed and good hands, red zone weapon.
imagine him and Ricard blocking with the tackle and the guard coming after them, ufff you can't take that much punishment, we have good Te, but Washington is ideal
nice to see you on the boards. I can't see us drafting another TE, especially with the limited amount of picks we "currently" have.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kayshon Boutte is a really good looking wr prospect. Thick build, has both twitch and long speed, and incredible hands. Honestly reminds me of Ja'Marr Chase a bit in his play style and how he wins.

If we want to future proof the secondary and possibly move on from Peters to save money there's Cam Smith. Fits the physical mold the Ravens look for in corners, though has much better ball skills than Humphrey.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Guess what!!

We better look for more interior / edge / pass rush help. Ojabo is obviously a question mark, Bowser is good, Oweh continues his disappearing act.

How are we going to replace Campbell-Houston-JPP trio? They seem to be the guys making plays, the rest is still underwhelming, to put it mildly. In reality it's a steaming pile of crap.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Defensive lineman Mazi Smith is someone that could be great. The guy is massive but has some insane athletic ability and can really disrupt everything. Also has a connection to our DC since he's a Michigan player.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Guess what!!

We better look for more interior / edge / pass rush help. Ojabo is obviously a question mark, Bowser is good, Oweh continues his disappearing act.

How are we going to replace Campbell-Houston-JPP trio? They seem to be the guys making plays, the rest is still underwhelming, to put it mildly. In reality it's a steaming pile of crap.
losing all of them in one offseason would be rough and we may need to keep atleast one of them, but it does go to show that some inexpensive vets can have a huge impact on a defense. It's not always the expensive free agents.

Great move, EDC, on all 3 of these signings.

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
A estos añado:
Christian González cb Oregón 6'1 200 . brazos largos, buena velocidad, buen tacleador, le falta mas confianza para buscar la intercepción, con un año de trabajo puede ser un titular sólido.
Darnell Washington Te 6'7 270 , el tamaño lo dice todo más amenaza profunda con velocidad decente y buenas manos, arma de zona roja.
imaginate a el y Ricard bloqueando con el tackle y el guardia viniendo tras ellos, ufff no aguantas tanto castigo, tenemos buen Te, pero Washington es ideal
now a wr!!!
Xavier Hutchinson 6'3 200, Iowa State, good hands, physique, reasonable speed, I see him perfectly in the Raven uniform.
He's going to the Senior Bowl and he was a teammate with Kolar, so he's heavily scouted

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Kayshon Boutte is a really good looking wr prospect. Thick build, has both twitch and long speed, and incredible hands. Honestly reminds me of Ja'Marr Chase a bit in his play style and how he wins.
Before the season, Boutte was near the top of the WR rankings.

It's been a weird year for Boutte. He's had some drops this year. The numbers are down for him.

It's not entirely on Boutte though. LSU's QB Jayden Daniels is one or two reads, then go. He's not one to go through his entire progressions. LSU has some very good receivers, but the numbers don't reflect that.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Before the season, Boutte was near the top of the WR rankings.

It's been a weird year for Boutte. He's had some drops this year. The numbers are down for him.

It's not entirely on Boutte though. LSU's QB Jayden Daniels is one or two reads, then go. He's not one to go through his entire progressions. LSU has some very good receivers, but the numbers don't reflect that.

He was in a pretty bad slump at the beginning of the year. Think he even got benched. I need a ALPHA at WR if we Gon use a 1st on him. Can’t have your confidence shot like that

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really haven't watched too much college ball this season so I have no clue as to who's who. I'll know more though as we get closer to the draft.

LSURavenFan

Veteran
He was in a pretty bad slump at the beginning of the year. Think he even got benched. I need a ALPHA at WR if we Gon use a 1st on him. Can’t have your confidence shot like that
It was rumoured he was going to transfer to Bama in the offseason. It's possible he wasn't fully invested at the start of the year. He had played for two terrible LSU teams previously.

He was excellent in his freshman and sophmore years. This year could hurt his stock a little. He's got a ton of talent.

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Houston is probably picking 1st.

I like Bryce Young more than CJ Stroud. Question is, can the Texans stomach the idea of taking a QB coached by Bill O'Brien lol.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
CJ Stroud can’t win big games or what

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
From all the mock stuff I've seen it looks like the second half of the first round has a decent amount of high caliber CBs and WRs, which are positions we badly need. At the moment I'm all in Boutte.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just spent a few hours setting up my 2023 draft documents ready to go and started inputting a bunch of names into my watch list...

so it is well and truly the start of Draft SZN for me lol

213 players who've either declared, are expected to declare or have accepted a senior bowl invite currently on my watch list - im under no illusion that ill get around to grading all of them - last year was a real struggle to get to 150 and i think the initial list was around 250 and this year i reckon will be even more tough on time irl

seems crazy to me that in 2020 i managed to watch and grade nearly 300 lol, and even in 2021 i got to 220...

but tis the season