• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Baltimore Orioles

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So Orioles doing nothing..... any word on Adam Jones?

Heard Machado is sitting on a 8 year deal with the White Sox.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
So Orioles doing nothing..... any word on Adam Jones?

Heard Machado is sitting on a 8 year deal with the White Sox.
I know we are rebuilding and not in a position to lure anyone here, but I wish we had something positive in the works.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Well we got a new pitching coach.

It is interesting to me how long it is taking for Machado to get signed.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Congrats to Mike Mussina on being elected to the Hall of Fame!

Congratulations Moose!!!

I almost cried when Angelos let him walk, he’s really a classy guy. It was reported that Mike was willing to take less money than the Yankees offered to stay in Baltimore. For me it was the move that epitomized how Angelos single handedly ruined a once proud and successful franchise.

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer
Well we got a new pitching coach.

It is interesting to me how long it is taking for Machado to get signed.
Sounds like the tide may have turned a bit with $ offered to big free agents. Harper is in the same boat. Obviously they both will get paid but maybe not getting the record breaking contracts they expected.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I was at the game where he took a line drive to the face and left the game in a Medic Unit. I remember thinking, of all the pitchers in MLB, why him?

Scary moment.

BS-BS-ORIOLES-INDIANS-CC-S-1.jpg

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Congratulations Moose!!!

I almost cried when Angelos let him walk, he’s really a classy guy. It was reported that Mike was willing to take less money than the Yankees offered to stay in Baltimore. For me it was the move that epitomized how Angelos single handedly ruined a once proud and successful franchise.

I actually did cry! I sat in my room and cried. He was cute and he was good and I was young. :p

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Sounds like the tide may have turned a bit with $ offered to big free agents. Harper is in the same boat. Obviously they both will get paid but maybe not getting the record breaking contracts they expected.

So no one wants to pay them $300 million?