• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Rumors/team draft visits

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I would too I think - he’s unreal and violent and glorious
i watched one game of davenports a while back, and was so unimpressed i never watched again.

every snap he just bullrushed, and didnt care to disengage at all, he was far more focused on bullying the blocker than he was actually making the play, it was blatant, the one play he made in that game was pure luck as the qb ran into the tackle that davenport was engaged with. also hes top heavy as fuck with chicken legs. not saying that my first impression is any indication what so ever... just pointing out what i saw, again, that was only one game i watched a long time ago.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i watched one game of davenports a while back, and was so unimpressed i never watched again.

every snap he just bullrushed, and didnt care to disengage at all, he was far more focused on bullying the blocker than he was actually making the play, it was blatant, the one play he made in that game was pure luck as the qb ran into the tackle that davenport was engaged with. also hes top heavy as fuck with chicken legs. not saying that my first impression is any indication what so ever... just pointing out what i saw, again, that was only one game i watched a long time ago.

I’d suggest maybe watching some more film because over the whole I got a very different overall impression - he’s absolutely raw but he’s dominant and violent as hell

Simba

Staff Member

He’s inconsistent/raw. There’s very good tape and very bad tape of him. Looks like you found the latter.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’d suggest maybe watching some more film because over the whole I got a very different overall impression - he’s absolutely raw but he’s dominant and violent as hell
He’s inconsistent/raw. There’s very good tape and very bad tape of him. Looks like you found the latter.
makes sense, he looked incredibly raw in that film. his overall demeanor just pissed me off in that film and i just wrote him off lol, seemed like a very selfish player who just wanted to look like a badass rather than help his team win.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
makes sense, he looked incredibly raw in that film. his overall demeanor just pissed me off in that film and i just wrote him off lol, seemed like a very selfish player who just wanted to look like a badass rather than help his team win.

His bad tape is disappointing but his good tape is an absolute delight - he’s got the highest ceiling in the class as an edge rusher methinks and I don’t think it’s that close

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Clemson linebacker, Dorian O'daniel visited the Ravens per Aaron Wilson.
Note that he is a "special teams ace".

I've been hearing him brought up a lot recently.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ronald Jones lists Ravens among seven teams he has his eye on as they, "have been talking to me the most throughout this process..."

Simba

Staff Member
Clemson linebacker, Dorian O'daniel visited the Ravens per Aaron Wilson.
Note that he is a "special teams ace".

I've been hearing him brought up a lot recently.

I like O'Daniel a lot. I don't think he can be a 3 down LBer in a 3-4 at his size, but he's a good sub package coverage guy and as you said, a high quality STer.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I liked Davenport and wouldn’t be upset at all if we took him. As you said, he’s really violent and has a nice bend as well.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
As a prospect or person?
Prospect. Hell of a runner but poor vision and lacks patience. Shame really. Reminds me of jay ajayi who was shipped out of Miami for the same thing.

Maybe in a power scheme with holes being blasted wide open right in front of him, but I worry his ability to limit the no-gain plays on this team with a poor OL. Give me ballage, Walton, or freeman somewhere in rounds 3-4 all day over jones in the 2nd

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm just glad our favorite douchebag thinks we are going to draft Rudolph in the 1st, because he is always wrong anyway.