• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Dolphins

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Truthfully, he came across as pretty cocky in the presser yesterday. We already know he doesn't adjust very well mid-games, but at least he should have a sold plan to thwart and have success against a zero-blitz Miami defense. If he doesn't, he needs to be gone to be honest.

i think this is completely untrue
roman is notoriously better at adjusting mid-game than many previous OCs we've had - he's often frustrating because the plan for the first few drives is predictable and unsuccessful before he adjusts - you even saw the adjustments come in after a few drives against the jets and even moreso after half-time last week

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I just want to say this before the game, I hope everyone understands that Miami didn’t actually “cover 0” blitz us the entire game last season. I think they actually “sent the house” only a handful of times.
They gave us a cover 0 look all game but they played the sticks and had guys that were on the LOS drop and play underneath coverage based on which way the OL slid. This look caused confusion for our OL and constantly left one guy on the edge, usually a safety, unblocked.
I forgot which of the YouTubers it was but they explained this extremely well. Can’t remember if it was sip, all22, ken, EA, Kollman or Cole but it was definitely one of them lol all those dudes are the shit btw. Quality film studies if your into that type of stuff.

they showed a ton of cover 0 but it was rarely actually cover 0
a shit ton of cover 3 with a CBs lined up pretty square

the thing that fucked us was the sim pressure and the OL being awful at sorting who was coming and who was dropping - better OL should help this year - if we can pick up these sim pressures then we can attack the weaknesses of that defensive set-up which is often by attacking them outside and deep

i know cole's been talking about it a lot this week but not sure if he actually did a video on it

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Yeah maybe, we were down to a practice squad secondary against the Packers and Rams last year, with Huntley at QB and somehow almost won both games. Given we did that to the Rams with Kupp and OBJ, Packers had Adams, I have some faith that it may not be as bad as you and others think. At worse it turns into a shootout that ends up with us losing or Tucker doing what he does best and kicks the game winning field goal.
We wouldve lost 5 out of 5 vs both packers and rams though.. it looked good but we never was gonna win those games with that team

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
they showed a ton of cover 0 but it was rarely actually cover 0
a shit ton of cover 3 with a CBs lined up pretty square

the thing that fucked us was the sim pressure and the OL being awful at sorting who was coming and who was dropping - better OL should help this year - if we can pick up these sim pressures then we can attack the weaknesses of that defensive set-up which is often by attacking them outside and deep

i know cole's been talking about it a lot this week but not sure if he actually did a video on it
Bills had a little trouble with it too

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think this is completely untrue
roman is notoriously better at adjusting mid-game than many previous OCs we've had - he's often frustrating because the plan for the first few drives is predictable and unsuccessful before he adjusts - you even saw the adjustments come in after a few drives against the jets and even moreso after half-time last week
Uh, oh. When the football guru of the forum tells me I'm wrong, I am likely full of shit. Honestly, I defer to you and the other breakdown experts on the platform. As far as I remember, he was heavily criticized for lack of in-game adjustments in years past. I just ran with it, because I don't think I like the man.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Uh, oh. When the football guru of the forum tells me I'm wrong, I am likely full of shit. Honestly, I defer to you and the other breakdown experts on the platform. As far as I remember, he was heavily criticized for lack of in-game adjustments in years past. I just ran with it, because I don't think I like the man.

i think a bunch of people have hate boners for greg roman that means they cannot actually objectively analyse what's happening or what's going wrong - every bad thing that happens is roman's fault and that's that...

i was heavily critical of roman in November last year for not find ways to adapt to the difficulties we were having after the dolphins game - but in December we found some answers... it's just unfortunate that lamar wasnt around to punish teams and the defence fell apart

if you want to criticise a coordinator from the last few years for an inability to adjust... look at the guy who harbs let go

im not going to pretend roman's been perfect, and this is a really important year for him and if it doesnt work out this year then i could for sure see his job being in some jeopardy come december/january

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
We go hunting for Dolphins tomorrow.....

southpark-miami.gif

rossihunter2

Staff Member

got to take this as a positive on the status of some of these corners that it's only worley coming up

clearly feel comfortable with Faalele as a swing or at least with Faalele at RT and Moses as a swing (either way they're not worried about a specific LT)

Webb makes sense given their apparent comfort at other positions because of how heavy special teams usage is within our top 4 WRs... Webb comes in and can alleviate some of that special teams burden if required to

i wonder if JK's ready to go, whether Mike Davis is inactive tomorrow...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i think a bunch of people have hate boners for greg roman that means they cannot actually objectively analyse what's happening or what's going wrong - every bad thing that happens is roman's fault and that's that...

i was heavily critical of roman in November last year for not find ways to adapt to the difficulties we were having after the dolphins game - but in December we found some answers... it's just unfortunate that lamar wasnt around to punish teams and the defence fell apart

if you want to criticise a coordinator from the last few years for an inability to adjust... look at the guy who harbs let go

im not going to pretend roman's been perfect, and this is a really important year for him and if it doesnt work out this year then i could for sure see his job being in some jeopardy come december/january
I don't blame roman for everything, I blame Bill Belichick. Seriously if we have bad weather tomorrow or miss any of our cornerbacks tomorrow, it's BB's fault.

Now back to the discussion at hand.....

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor