• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Dolphins

Simba

Staff Member

that's not as bad as it could have been - lots of questions, but at least not a ton of firm negatives outside of james proche and stanley (who we already knew was out)

still imagine that even if all these CBs suit up, that we'll want to elevate some extra depth at the position

no nick boyle on the list either - will be very interested to see whether he suits up or not...

are we gonna stick with just 4 WRs or do we elevate someone given that Duvernay is our returner and Wallace is a starting gunner...

And a reason for hope being that Proche and Stephens had the same listing all week, but Stephens is still questionable rather than doubtful. Hopefully that means they've just been playing it safe knowing the depth is already looking to be tested.

Definitely curious on the WR front. 4 seems doable but also a bit risky. I feel like I'd rather just stack TEs if I had to but that's just me. Don't think anyone down on the PS is big enough impact.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
99688DC9-6B48-4464-B306-4A30DCFB19B9.jpeg

It’s purple Friday boys

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And a reason for hope being that Proche and Stephens had the same listing all week, but Stephens is still questionable rather than doubtful. Hopefully that means they've just been playing it safe knowing the depth is already looking to be tested.

Definitely curious on the WR front. 4 seems doable but also a bit risky. I feel like I'd rather just stack TEs if I had to but that's just me. Don't think anyone down on the PS is big enough impact.

im fine with 4 WRs given their usage last week also - just something to watch for given the high special teams usage for 2 of them

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

that's not as bad as it could have been - lots of questions, but at least not a ton of firm negatives outside of james proche and stanley (who we already knew was out)

still imagine that even if all these CBs suit up, that we'll want to elevate some extra depth at the position

no nick boyle on the list either - will be very interested to see whether he suits up or not...

are we gonna stick with just 4 WRs or do we elevate someone given that Duvernay is our returner and Wallace is a starting gunner...

Roll with 4 and let Likely play a hybrid role?

Simba

Staff Member
im fine with 4 WRs given their usage last week also - just something to watch for given the high special teams usage for 2 of them
Oh absolutely. Good news is that you can throw a couple guys back on returns if it were to get dire and we needed to protect Duvernay. And then we can throw a bunch of guys at gunner too. I'd take the risk personally.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh absolutely. Good news is that you can throw a couple guys back on returns if it were to get dire and we needed to protect Duvernay. And then we can throw a bunch of guys at gunner too. I'd take the risk personally.

problem as i see it is the guys you might throw in at returner and gunner (based on reps and snaps from preseason and week 1 are also going to be direly needed in their positional group too lol (demarcus robinson, pepe, JAD)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
lol what is this obsession (not just you) with likely being a WR lol
he and andrews will both play in-line, in the slot and spread out wide, lined up as part of a bunch or as a y tight end etc.

his role is not going to change because james proche isnt available
just like last year, I don't expect either of them to play more than 65% y TE. Andrews lined up 65% in the slot last year and that's just how we tend to roll. The rumors about Gesicki the latter part of the season had a lot to do with us loving TEs and the Dolphins wanting to use Gesicki inline more than not and he wasn't used that way last season.

Simba

Staff Member
problem as i see it is the guys you might throw in at returner and gunner (based on reps and snaps from preseason and week 1 are also going to be direly needed in their positional group too lol (demarcus robinson, pepe, JAD)
That’s where maybe a guy like Worley makes a lot more sense than Ar’Darius. Provides depth but also lets you just use him on ST. Seymour would still be the ideal guy but alas

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
lol what is this obsession (not just you) with likely being a WR lol
he and andrews will both play in-line, in the slot and spread out wide, lined up as part of a bunch or as a y tight end etc.

his role is not going to change because james proche isnt available
Honest answer? I have no fucking clue, throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks at this point! lol

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
One way we win this game is for Lamar to don a Superman cape, considering how thin we are in the secondary. I want Dobbins to start to see where our run game is at right now. If Dobbins and Drake can't get the run game kick started, we are in for a long day.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
We've been calling this season a Revenge season and that officially starts with the Dolphins who embarrassed us last season. Has Greg Roman learned anything from last year? Will he have an answer for the cover zero? Feel like defense will keep us in the game with a few turnovers but we need Lamar and the offense to takeover this game and win this game.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
We've been calling this season a Revenge season and that officially starts with the Dolphins who embarrassed us last season. Has Greg Roman learned anything from last year? Will he have an answer for the cover zero? Feel like defense will keep us in the game with a few turnovers but we need Lamar and the offense to takeover this game and win this game.
Truthfully, he came across as pretty cocky in the presser yesterday. We already know he doesn't adjust very well mid-games, but at least he should have a sold plan to thwart and have success against a zero-blitz Miami defense. If he doesn't, he needs to be gone to be honest.

I just want to say this before the game, I hope everyone understands that Miami didn’t actually “cover 0” blitz us the entire game last season. I think they actually “sent the house” only a handful of times.
They gave us a cover 0 look all game but they played the sticks and had guys that were on the LOS drop and play underneath coverage based on which way the OL slid. This look caused confusion for our OL and constantly left one guy on the edge, usually a safety, unblocked.
I forgot which of the YouTubers it was but they explained this extremely well. Can’t remember if it was sip, all22, ken, EA, Kollman or Cole but it was definitely one of them lol all those dudes are the shit btw. Quality film studies if your into that type of stuff.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I just want to say this before the game, I hope everyone understands that Miami didn’t actually “cover 0” blitz us the entire game last season. I think they actually “sent the house” only a handful of times.
They gave us a cover 0 look all game but they played the sticks and had guys that were on the LOS drop and play underneath coverage based on which way the OL slid. This look caused confusion for our OL and constantly left one guy on the edge, usually a safety, unblocked.
I forgot which of the YouTubers it was but they explained this extremely well. Can’t remember if it was sip, all22, ken, EA, Kollman or Cole but it was definitely one of them lol all those dudes are the shit btw. Quality film studies if your into that type of stuff.
That was all-22. I’ve learned a shit ton from that guy, and he really helped to break that down

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Truthfully, he came across as pretty cocky in the presser yesterday. We already know he doesn't adjust very well mid-games, but at least he should have a sold plan to thwart and have success against a zero-blitz Miami defense. If he doesn't, he needs to be gone to be honest.
per Harbaugh we have been preparing for the cover 0 all offseason, but it will be interesting if the Dolphins zig or zag. They do still have the same defensive coordinator and they were the best at the blitz last season.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I fear either Waddle or Hill will have a field day.
Yeah maybe, we were down to a practice squad secondary against the Packers and Rams last year, with Huntley at QB and somehow almost won both games. Given we did that to the Rams with Kupp and OBJ, Packers had Adams, I have some faith that it may not be as bad as you and others think. At worse it turns into a shootout that ends up with us losing or Tucker doing what he does best and kicks the game winning field goal.