• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Dolphins

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
That turf was awful you could tell. Turf needs to be outlawed imo, we’ve seen enough football on it over the past 25 years, I feel like at this point it’s irrefutable that turf causes an insane amount of injuries compared to grass. If we’re on grass week 1 then I don’t think fuller and James are out for the year, all they did was put their foot in the turf and their ligaments went fucking haywire and started snapping left and right. So much of the nfl discussion come January is “do you have a qb, and how many of your key players haven’t torn their ACL or Achilles?” and those 2 questions are the biggest factors in who gets to make a deep playoff run.

Pisses me off that this fun ass sport with so many variables and so much shit to evaluate seems to come down to who’s the least injured every fucking year. The ravens have gotten calloused on their grass fields over the summer and now they’re playing on poorly managed field turf and players drop like flies. It’s no surprise. I’ll die on this hill, turf gotta go.
That being said, all our major injuries last year happened on our own grass.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Those particular stadiums I just don’t know what you could do to facilitate it. You can’t do like Arizona did and build a retractable grass field in places like Indy and NO, they’re built smack in the middle of metropolis with no room for such a thing, not sure you could pull off a retractable awning for either stadium, I just wonder how a few particular stadiums could pull it off to go 100% grass league wide, but most stadiums absolutely should be able to manage this change and yes it would be massive boost to the entire sport
It all can be done. God knows NFL and the owners have money to pay for this:

Simba

Staff Member
I don't like that both Marlon and Stephens missed a walkthrough today. I'm not confident on either of them, but I'll at least hang my hat on the idea that they've been very conservative with injuries this year. Hopefully it's just that because Peters plus the other options vs. Hill and Waddle doesn't give me too much confidence right now.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I don't like that both Marlon and Stephens missed a walkthrough today. I'm not confident on either of them, but I'll at least hang my hat on the idea that they've been very conservative with injuries this year. Hopefully it's just that because Peters plus the other options vs. Hill and Waddle doesn't give me too much confidence right now.
We're probably elevating Ardarius? Maybe Victor? Maybe Sharp?

Simba

Staff Member
We're probably elevating Ardarius? Maybe Victor? Maybe Sharp?
If I had to guess, 3 guys are coming up. One of Sharpe, Carrie, or Worley to the 53 since they're all vested vets and wouldn't need to go through waivers when/if we need the spot. So Sharpe and 2/3 of Carrie, Worley, and Washington. They might lean toward the vets at CB since Worley is a STer and can provide more value at CB5, but wouldn't completely discount Washington by any means.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Hopefully we can just swap Peters for Stephens this week and Marlon is OK. Then you have CB1 and CB2 backed up by Pepe, JAD, and probably Carrie. That's not the end of the world. If Marlon is out that's really bad. If Peters is out that's just bad.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Hopefully we can just swap Peters for Stephens this week and Marlon is OK. Then you have CB1 and CB2 backed up by Pepe, JAD, and probably Carrie. That's not the end of the world. If Marlon is out that's really bad. If Peters is out that's just bad.

at this point the situation is not going to be ideal in basically any scenario
im just hoping for anything but the worst case scenario at this point where we're missing all 4 of our top 4 CBs entering the season...

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So we down our whole secondary, Dolphins without their starting tackles. Great.... Tua gets to look good again against us because he has yet to play a healthy Ravens secondary.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
We wont need the CBs to hold very long, I have a feeling Oweh and Houston are going to have a break out game making Tua's life difficult.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

that's not as bad as it could have been - lots of questions, but at least not a ton of firm negatives outside of james proche and stanley (who we already knew was out)

still imagine that even if all these CBs suit up, that we'll want to elevate some extra depth at the position

no nick boyle on the list either - will be very interested to see whether he suits up or not...

are we gonna stick with just 4 WRs or do we elevate someone given that Duvernay is our returner and Wallace is a starting gunner...