• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar, The Running Game and The Defensive Collapse

redrum52

Hall of Famer

@UPennChem - cole seems to get earlier access to all-22 this year than everyone else so not had a chance to go and see what went wrong for myself but if he's right then it may be that our running game issues really are just a personnel problem and that JK (and Gus) can dramatically improve things

This has me feeling a lot better then. So basically we just need rbs with some damn vision and like I said the defense will turn things around with more time together and getting guys back. Just hate having to hear about this fraud ass Dolphins comeback. This must be how the Colts felt.

D1City55

Pro Bowler

@UPennChem - cole seems to get earlier access to all-22 this year than everyone else so not had a chance to go and see what went wrong for myself but if he's right then it may be that our running game issues really are just a personnel problem and that JK (and Gus) can dramatically improve things

That my hope but who knows when they’re coming back.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This has me feeling a lot better then. So basically we just need rbs with some damn vision and like I said the defense will turn things around with more time together and getting guys back. Just hate having to hear about this fraud ass Dolphins comeback. This must be how the Colts felt.

really frustrating but at least it happened in week 2 and not in december - gonna do these rookies a ton of good in the long run as long as their confidence isnt shot

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Or a big hit or a good tackle, he did come up and make a good hit I guess. Even a good deflection or something, but certainly not whiffing in an obvious deep ball mode from Miami

i guess i would say then... that he's had plays that i would consider splash-type plays - 2 or 3 where he's triggered super fast and made a play coming downhill - including an impressive close and aggressive hit for a PD in the dolphins game on chase edmonds (he came all the way from the post to make a play behind the LoS)

he screwed up twice in the miami game and that sucks - but he's played mostly pretty well in the other 78 snaps he's had through 2 games

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

We'll that would be really really really good news. Excited for a video to see!

D1City55

Pro Bowler
im almost 100% certain that JK's back this week - he was a full participant all last week
Even if he were to come back are they easing him in? If so we still might have some trouble. It will definitely improve things for sure but right now its hard for me to say the struggles are purely talent at RB. At some point someone should be able to break a big run and it feels like we have not had one in forever. Only Latavius Murray vs Steelers comes to mind.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

frustrating to watch
missed blocks obviously important (moses, oliver, andrews, mekari the main culprits)
but i think you can clearly see the dolphins knew what we were going to do and we didnt really adjust or punish them for double mugging the a-gaps and putting 6 DL on the field

JAAM

Hall of Famer
LMAOOO

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

frustrating to watch
missed blocks obviously important (moses, oliver, andrews, mekari the main culprits)
but i think you can clearly see the dolphins knew what we were going to do and we didnt really adjust or punish them for double mugging the a-gaps and putting 6 DL on the field

6 DL and wide 9.