• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 NFL Draft

Taze

Practice Squad
Buck Allen was not awful last year not at all. He stepped his game up last year and was one of the reason what The Ravens ddin't need to use Terrence West.
I don't think he's good. Rarely does anything with the ball in his hands and doesn't know how to make anyone miss. He can catch balls out the backfield for a couple yards but that's about it. He wouldn't make a lot of teams

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I don't think he's good. Rarely does anything with the ball in his hands and doesn't know how to make anyone miss. He can catch balls out the backfield for a couple yards but that's about it. He wouldn't make a lot of teams

That's cool but I don't think he was awful last year. I thought he was solid last year and made some plays when needed at times.

I wouldn't say a lot of range. He's definitely not the coveted center fielder we are looking for.
You don’t find center fielders because they are few and far between. Malik Hooker is the last true center fielder since Earl Thomas. Elliott has a lot of range but not like them

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Even if we got Moore or Ridley I don't think I would sleep well thinking about our wide receivers...
if we got ridley or miller or gallup, id be 100% ok. hell, im ok with our wr group for THIS year, but only for this year.

scott just doesnt cut it, and lasley is gonna continue our horrible trend of dropping balls

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Less of a coverage guy and more of a closer to the LOS guy unfortunately but still a good player. And good on special teams lol
Watched his USC tape and he seems like an interchangable safety like Weddle. He played single high very often and Tom Herman runs a more pro style defense compared to the rest of Big12 defenses. I notice that he never overreacts to things and can get stuck flat footed but he breaks so hard when the balls in the air. Hes got better coverage potential than Blanding.

Either way this looks like a major steal

I really like the Lasley pick. Now I'm not big on the Elliott pick honestly but it's probably more of a ST pick. In the 5th round im fine with taking a flyer like Lasley who while has issues with hands can seperate, YAC and run routes. Those are some highly desirable skills that's not easy to find. Outside of that it's a good pick IMO. I like what I see. I know his combine wasn't impressive but the tape surely is.

None of the remianing WR's after the 3rd are going to be making an impact their first years with Crab, Smoke, Snead, and Moore ahead of them. We probably wanted Gallup but Dallas stole him, that's the only legit guy I could see us using our day 2 pick on. Outside of that, we're really not missing out here.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
You don’t find center fielders because they are few and far between. Malik Hooker is the last true center fielder since Earl Thomas. Elliott has a lot of range but not like them
I'm not talking elite like Earl Thomas or Ed Reed. There are plenty of good FS with lots of range. We even have one in Weddle (even though he's slowed down)

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Elliott not even close to those guys. I dnt even think he is that type of player from what i saw

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watched his USC tape and he seems like an interchangable safety like Weddle. He played single high very often and Tom Herman runs a more pro style defense compared to the rest of Big12 defenses. I notice that he never overreacts to things and can get stuck flat footed but he breaks so hard when the balls in the air. Hes got better coverage potential than Blanding.

Either way this looks like a major steal
USC is probably by far his best tape. But he's in no way comparable to Weddle. Weddle is miles better in coverage.

I know Longhorn fans who really don't like him because he blows coverages etc .

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
crazy ..we have added 6 new wideouts and yet

none of them are actually great..not 1.
Weve won 2 superbowls without a true #1 reciever. Patriots won 5 without one. You dont need a superstar wide reciever to have a winning team.

The cheifs have a great offense and Tyreek Hill is more of a slot/utility guy more than a #1 wideout