• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 NFL Draft

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Weve won 2 superbowls without a true #1 reciever. Patriots won 5 without one. You dont need a superstar wide reciever to have a winning team.

The cheifs have a great offense and Tyreek Hill is more of a slot/utility guy more than a #1 wideout
Dude you’re trying to reason with a guy who could turn winning the mega millions jackpot into a negative

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
USC is probably by far his best tape. But he's in no way comparable to Weddle. Weddle is miles better in coverage.

I know Longhorn fans who really don't like him because he blows coverages etc .
True. I did notice his picks were kinda lucky in that game. He'll be able to learn a lot from Weddle at least

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
there were no great wr in this draft class, just a bunch of number 2's and some with potential.
And Calvin Ridley.

#1 WR is an overrated commodity if you have a TE whos capable of filling that role.....

We just drafted two really good TE prospects. Get fucking real

I'm not talking elite like Earl Thomas or Ed Reed. There are plenty of good FS with lots of range. We even have one in Weddle (even though he's slowed down)
Don’t think weddles range is that good he needs another safety line up besides him. Look at it this way Weddle can cover one side of the field in the back end Earl Thomas and Malik Hooker can cover the whole back end by themselves

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don’t think weddles range is that good he needs another safety line up besides him. Look at it this way Weddle can cover one side of the field in the back end Earl Thomas and Malik Hooker can cover the whole back end by themselves
Weddles range is very good because he's such a smart player. He doesn't have that recovery speed but he doesn't need it because he always knows where to be.

I'm mainly talking about in his prime btw. Obviously now he's much older and doesn't have the range he used to but he was an incredible safety in SD.