• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 NFL Draft

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tony Adams not being drafted reminds me of Lorenzo Jerome last year. Both good at their respective positions but undersized and too slow (in Jerome's case)

Some of you probably remember me dying for us to pick him last year lol but Jerome was my favorite safety last year and was scouted to even go in the 4th or 5th round (before the combine I think).

But the tape doesn't lie on these guys. Adams is a good G. And Jerome has some of if not THE best ball instincts I've ever seen from a safety (not quite Ed Reed level though). True center fielder through and through. AND very good in run support. Played amazing at the senior bowl with 2 picks. Even made the 53 man roster for the 49ers as a UDFA and played well until he was cut in October and for some reason not even brought back on to a practice squad. I guess even though you play well you still won't get signed because you're too slow.

How does someone make the 53 man roster, play well in the preseason, and then not even get brought on to a practice squad.

Anyway I'm just rambling now but the case of Jerome still not being on a team really gets to me. Adams I'm sure will fair better.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
James Crawford, OLB, Illinois - Ravens
Kurt Benkert, QB - Falcons
Levi Wallace, CB - Bills
Cavon Walker, edge, Maryland - Bears
Desmond Harrison, OT - Browns

Simba

Staff Member
It's crazy how I've heard of basically none of the UDFAs we've been reported to have signed so far. I'm used to obscurity but typically there's at least one name or two that stands out. Looking down the list, I've literally only heard of Christian LaCouture and I only know him because I thought his name was cool.

I REALLY like this draft class, Ozzie really out did himself this year, with all the trading back he did and getting the picks that we got. It was a work of art!

And don’t forget, I said it first... Lamar Jackson IS an elite QB!!!