• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 NFL Draft

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
You might have missed that Griffin was drafted by Seahawks, they barely mentioned this during 3 day draft coverage.

I was watching/listening to the Rich Eisen Show last night and they were going on and on about how Griffin will be on the show tomorrow (today) and that it's the only one he's doing so they feel empowered and priveleged and they owe him the world etc.

The kid has gone through some tough shit that I gladly have no idea about and have never experienced but there are no doubt a number of other players in that draft that have gone through some crazy stuff and they barely got a mention. I probably sound like I'm coming off as a huge dick but it gets a bit nauseating after a bit.

Hope to see him rip it up in the league though, just not against us.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I was watching/listening to the Rich Eisen Show last night and they were going on and on about how Griffin will be on the show tomorrow (today) and that it's the only one he's doing so they feel empowered and priveleged and they owe him the world etc.

The kid has gone through some tough shit that I gladly have no idea about and have never experienced but there are no doubt a number of other players in that draft that have gone through some crazy stuff and they barely got a mention. I probably sound like I'm coming off as a huge dick but it gets a bit nauseating after a bit.

Hope to see him rip it up in the league though, just not against us.
Exactly. It's pretty incredible what he does all his life but what was incredible and touching story, they turned into cheesy mess.

It will be interesting to see which of the Raven’s draft choices step up to be contributors. What is your assessment of the Packer’s draft?
Apparently we got one of the best corners in the draft but we shall see. We also got three Wide Receivers in the draft. We really need help on defense that's for sure. I pray Rodgers can stay healthy.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Apparently we got one of the best corners in the draft but we shall see. We also got three Wide Receivers in the draft. We really need help on defense that's for sure. I pray Rodgers can stay healthy.
You got arguably 2 of the best 3 corners. I'm really jealous honestly.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Day 1: Thursday April 26th - 8:00 pm ET
Day 2: Friday April 27th - 7:00 pm ET
Day 3: Saturday April 28th - Noon ET

NFL Network, Fox (day 1 and 2), ABC (day 3), ESPN

Some pointers for this thread... Please read them

• There are NO SPOILERS in this thread before the broadcast catches up
  • (we realise that insiders sometimes drop the picks before they are shown on the broadcast and request posters to abstain from posting that information in this thread on draft night until after the pick has been broadcast)
  • Initially verbal warnings and deleting of posts will be levied but consistent spoiling early will escalate moderator responses
  • The no spoilers rule applies to days 1 and 2 of the draft - if you are not interested in the broadcast you are free to post spoilers elsewhere in the forum but not on this thread
  • This rule does not apply on day 3 because of how behind the broadcast runs but as always please be considerate of your fellow posters
:ravens:Let's hope we all wake up on Sunday happy :party: :D :cake: :ravens:
In your final comment you said, let’s hope we all wake up on Sunday happy. Did you even wake up on Sunday?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
reading a comment thread about dallas goedert and how hes better than hurst, so i come here to say definitively...

dallas goedert will be a bust of epic proportions. i say with this utmost confidence. if he DOESNT bust, its because his incredibly 1 dimensional skillset is actually good enough to make the jump from FCS to NFL. he can body up and make spectacular catches against FCS DBs, but that begs the question... why did he have to lean on the circus catch to succeed? why the fuck wasnt this "top" TE getting open vs these guys? because hes a sloth, thats why. and if his one trick is good enough for him to actually work at the next level, ill be shocked.

hes the josh doctson of TEs, who made a career of laying out for overthrown balls by trevone boykine and literally nothing else, lazy effortless route game, below average playspeed, impressive circus catches but not nearly impressive enough to warrant his selection. i called the josh doctson bust for the same reasons im calling this. if i am wrong feel free to copy and paste.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The one thing that will cheer you up when your down, the disappointment of a Browns fan when they make their selection in the draft.

https://twitter.com/LacesOutShow/status/991490398546812928/video/1
i dont understand why browns fans are acting like this? baker mayfield is legitimately an NFL talent and could very well be the best of the class. its honestly been a complete toss up from day one, and it will stay that way til we see them in the NFL. baker is short, darnold is a turnover machine, rosen is a dickhead, lamar has accuracy issues, but any of them could very well pan out to be the best in the class, because baker is also incredibly accurate, cerebral, fiery, poised, and athletic, darnold is big bodied and athletic and probably has the most natural arm and multiple releases, rosens throwing talent and mental capacity for football is reminiscent of carson palmer in his prime and has a clutch factor, and lamar jackson looks like a carbon copy of michael vick.

for browns fans to be upset about the pick is like getting upset for choosing aj green over julio jones.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i dont understand why browns fans are acting like this? baker mayfield is legitimately an NFL talent and could very well be the best of the class. its honestly been a complete toss up from day one, and it will stay that way til we see them in the NFL. baker is short, darnold is a turnover machine, rosen is a dickhead, lamar has accuracy issues, but any of them could very well pan out to be the best in the class, because baker is also incredibly accurate, cerebral, fiery, poised, and athletic, darnold is big bodied and athletic and probably has the most natural arm and multiple releases, rosens throwing talent and mental capacity for football is reminiscent of carson palmer in his prime and has a clutch factor, and lamar jackson looks like a carbon copy of michael vick.

for browns fans to be upset about the pick is like getting upset for choosing aj green over julio jones.

more than in any other year there were legitimate arguments that you could make for 5 different qbs to go number 1 (or at least there should have been) because none of the 5 are alike at all:

Josh Rosen with the mental processing, timing and touch of a pro qb who beat defences in a variety of different ways
Baker Mayfield with the consistent accuracy, the off-schedule ability, competitive fire
Darnold who's ability to make stunning throws off-schedule is unreal, is young and fairly complete and already unshakeable
Jackson who's an electric athlete with experience in a pro-ready offence reading multiple levels, a live arm and a penchant for big plays down field
Josh Allen who's arm strength is obscene - he can make throws that only a couple (if any) nfl qbs can make - he might walk into the league with the strongest arm immediately

obviously each of them have negatives but stylistically they all have something different that defines them and their play style - which is why i think you could legitimately suggest that the teams who took the top 5 qbs in the draft got their favourite guy...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
more than in any other year there were legitimate arguments that you could make for 5 different qbs to go number 1 (or at least there should have been) because none of the 5 are alike at all:

Josh Rosen with the mental processing, timing and touch of a pro qb who beat defences in a variety of different ways
Baker Mayfield with the consistent accuracy, the off-schedule ability, competitive fire
Darnold who's ability to make stunning throws off-schedule is unreal, is young and fairly complete and already unshakeable
Jackson who's an electric athlete with experience in a pro-ready offence reading multiple levels, a live arm and a penchant for big plays down field
Josh Allen who's arm strength is obscene - he can make throws that only a couple (if any) nfl qbs can make - he might walk into the league with the strongest arm immediately

obviously each of them have negatives but stylistically they all have something different that defines them and their play style - which is why i think you could legitimately suggest that the teams who took the top 5 qbs in the draft got their favourite guy...
Honestly I thought the browns taking darnold at 1 may have been regrettable for them, and I thought Baker was simply a better qb prospect. 99% of everyone shitting on the Browns picking baker are doing so because they take the Johnny manziel bait, and it’s pathetic that anyone is uninformed enough to do that, and even more pathetic that people THAT uninformed are decked out in their teams gear, watching the draft, and shitraging over the pick. Like know something before you literally growl jibberish at your wife over a draft pick.

I was not concerned with facing a darnold led browns twice a year. I am absolutely concerned about facing a mayfield led browns twice a year. That pick was a shock that left me a little worried. I simply think baker was the best qb prospect in this draft, or at least a 1B kinda guy with Rosen at 1A

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Honestly I thought the browns taking darnold at 1 may have been regrettable for them, and I thought Baker was simply a better qb prospect. 99% of everyone shitting on the Browns picking baker are doing so because they take the Johnny manziel bait, and it’s pathetic that anyone is uninformed enough to do that, and even more pathetic that people THAT uninformed are decked out in their teams gear, watching the draft, and shitraging over the pick. Like know something before you literally growl jibberish at your wife over a draft pick.

I was not concerned with facing a darnold led browns twice a year. I am absolutely concerned about facing a mayfield led browns twice a year. That pick was a shock that left me a little worried. I simply think baker was the best qb prospect in this draft, or at least a 1B kinda guy with Rosen at 1A

I had Rosen 1, Mayfield 2 (but only one spot ahead on the big board) of Darnold 3, Jackson 4 and Allen 5

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I had Rosen 1, Mayfield 2 (but only one spot ahead on the big board) of Darnold 3, Jackson 4 and Allen 5
I had rosen and mayfield 1A and 1B, Jackson 3, darnold 4, then I had guys like falk over Allen.

I didn’t like darnold much, and I hated Allen and Rudolph.