• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 NFL Draft

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Important point about mayfield from Albert breer (from what he’s heard):

Bakers the most accurate qb to come out since Bradford, and is described as competitive as Phillip rivers

And most crucially his recall is described as “photographic” - that’s incredible

I don’t see any issues in his game outside of his height that aren’t overcomeable but in key facets of the game he’s got elite characteristics
Which is why I hope the browns draft Allen instead

Simba

Staff Member
Now there are rumors that if Mayfield goes 1, the Broncos might be willing to move up to 2 to grab Darnold. Giants move back to 5 and still get Barkley.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Mayfield isn’t the best qb in the class... that disntinction belongs to Rosen and it’s not even close. But Mayfield is the guy who’s second on my board.

I hope Mayfield is just a smokescreen. We are in legit trouble if the browns don’t ruin him first

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Interestingly if the colts take roquan smith (who they are suspected to be very interested in) their last 2 consecutive 1st round picks would be taking the guy whose comp was ed reed and the guy whose comp was ray Lewis
They’re only about 22 years late..... and wrong

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
So excited for tonight, think we will be on the clock around 3am UK time...till we trade back lol!

In general excited for this draft as there are so many potential trades etc. Cant wait!

Woke up today and just got a feeling we stick at 16 and pick DJ Moore

I remember feeling the same last year and in the end we had a choice of Marlon Humphrey, Jonathan Allen, Reuben Foster & OJ Howard.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Draft day!!! Ozzie better not disappoint us.
In a weird way, I'm kinda hopping he does. During the Ravens' peak back during the 2000s, it was actually pretty common for the fans to be disappointed as Ozzie gets some player none of us have heard of before over this guy we were sure was a stud. Especially in the second and third rounds. Webby was the perfect example of that. People hated that pick at the time, and then he went on to be one of the best, pre-injury.

I want that Ozzie back at the end. The guy that right after the draft will have us cursing because we passed on X splashy, bit name guy that slid "further than he should" and then later on realize we did get a stud, and everyone starts saying "Trust in Ozzie" because of it.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hope we draft St. Brown on day 2 if for no other reason besides him having a bad ass name. (hes also a good receiver so I'd be happy)

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I just realized how Marty and Roman helped develop the likes of Kaepernick, McNabb and Vick, so landing Lamar Jackson at 16 just might be an excellent pick for our future.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
and the "actual" reporting is starting

Josina Anderson:
It's my feeling, barring any unexpected new info or proposals surfacing & based off multiple conversations I've had on & off the record up through the crack of dawn this am, that the Browns have settled on Okla QB Baker Mayfield for the 1st pick in the NFL Draft tonight at 8pm.

Rapsheet:
The Saints have made plenty of calls about making a big leap up from pick No. 27, I’m told. Could be due diligence in case a certain player (perhaps a QB) falls. But they will be well-prepared to move tonight if it comes down to it.

also Rapsheet:
Giants coach Pat Shurmur told reporters he’s “planning on picking at No. 2.” At this point, it seems like: 1. There isn’t a lot of interest in coming all the way up to 2. 2. The Giants want to make the pick.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If James, Ridley, Denzel Ward, Edmunds, or Vea are there, just take them. Otherwise, do the best to trade down and try to get a second and/or third. If a trade down isn't there, then take Wynn.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
IDK, if a guy like James falls in our lap at 16 I hope they don’t over think it and just write his name on the card and take it up to the podium.
As weird as it sounds part of me doesn't want anyone like James to fall to us (as much as I like him) just because we really need more picks...

I'd rather have Hernández/Wynn, Gesicki and Gallup than just Derwin James and a 2nd rd pick.

Simba

Staff Member
As weird as it sounds part of me doesn't want anyone like James to fall to us (as much as I like him) just because we really need more picks...

I'd rather have Hernández/Wynn, Gesicki and Gallup than just Derwin James and a 2nd rd pick.

But if there are no good players that fall to us, who are teams going to trade up to get?

tenor.gif

The Greek

Veteran
unless james or davenport fall to us than i see a trade back with either the saints or patriots and we draft dj moore, will hernandez or a te. good luck front office and i hope u guys nail the draft

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

I can see a scenario where a team might want Lamar Jackson if the Cardinals don’t take him before us and a team may want to trade back with us to get him. I would love to get a second round pick in a trade back but my head is telling me that is wishful thinking. It would probably be a third round pick. If we could get second to move back in the first, I would love it.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Next year, we should have the draft thread be the first thread of that year's game threads, rather than the last thread after the previous year's games.