• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 NFL Draft

Inqui

Pro Bowler
this is how committed we must be throughout the year - lack of primetime games is actually great for european viewers because it means we get to go to bed at reasonable times
The games are on at like 6am in my neck of the woods, though the draft's at noon and I start work at 2.30 and work from home so I can just jump out of bed and put the draft on my second screen while I work.

This is probably the last year I'll be able to do that, so I plan to enjoy it while I can.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's 3 am for me :( only good thing is that it's the weekend here tomorrow and i'll probably end up sleeping till tomorrow night just in time for the 2nd and 3rd round to start

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Tonight should be fun, going to stay away from the internet and all the rumors. Want to be surprised if something happens.

Oh and apparently Yahoo was the one who leaked and wrote about Allen's tweets from high school. Journalism today has sunk so low.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I agree but we dont have a 2018 game threads place yet so it's here lol

See thats why I posted a thread in Ravens Talk this morning. I didnt even know you guys made one, let alone this was the last place I expect it. Id figure post it in Ravens Talk so everyone can find it easily.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
Important point about mayfield from Albert breer (from what he’s heard):

Bakers the most accurate qb to come out since Bradford, and is described as competitive as Phillip rivers

And most crucially his recall is described as “photographic” - that’s incredible

I don’t see any issues in his game outside of his height that aren’t overcomeable but in key facets of the game he’s got elite characteristics
Of the QBs to throw at a 70% clip or better during their last year, the record is actually pretty spotty.

On the one hand you have Andrew Luck Teddy Bridgewater and Russell Wilson. But on the other you have RG3, Brandon Weeden and Geno Smith. The run of Big 12 on that list worries me, though with that said I've been a believer in Baker for a while so maybe he'll end up like the first three.

Picks I would hate
Marcus Davenport- not ready to contribute day 1, stiff, overpowered guys in college won’t happen in the NFL.

Da’Ron Payne- one good game against Georgia better run defender than pass rusher.

Rashaan Evans- great blitzer and solid in run game. Lacks coverage abilities. He’s CJ Mosley lite. We need a cover guy to complement Mosley.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
See thats why I posted a thread in Ravens Talk this morning. I didnt even know you guys made one, let alone this was the last place I expect it. Id figure post it in Ravens Talk so everyone can find it easily.

i mean ive posted a redirect page - it just seemed like this was the most obvious place for the thread but i understand the logic

its probably a bit too late to move it at this point...

Ideal situation imo
Trade back and select Maurice Hurst. Teams are low because of medical issues but if he checks out clean. Steal of the draft

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Colleen Wolfe on twitter: "There’s a surprise tonight I need to staple my mouth shut about. BUT OMG ITS SO GOOD."

that's such a great tease FFS i wanna know now
My guesses:
1. Griffin gets drafted by the same team as his brother (*shrugs shoulders*)
2. Eagles legend comes to shit on the Dallas crowd like Pearson did against the Philly crowd (*shrugs shoulders again*)