• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 NFL Draft

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's usually an anti-climax with Ozzie at best.

Kinda wish the whole draft was today. Hate waiting for day 2 and 3.

Tank

Hall of Famer
and the "actual" reporting is starting

Josina Anderson:
It's my feeling, barring any unexpected new info or proposals surfacing & based off multiple conversations I've had on & off the record up through the crack of dawn this am, that the Browns have settled on Okla QB Baker Mayfield for the 1st pick in the NFL Draft tonight at 8pm.

Rapsheet:
The Saints have made plenty of calls about making a big leap up from pick No. 27, I’m told. Could be due diligence in case a certain player (perhaps a QB) falls. But they will be well-prepared to move tonight if it comes down to it.

also Rapsheet:
Giants coach Pat Shurmur told reporters he’s “planning on picking at No. 2.” At this point, it seems like: 1. There isn’t a lot of interest in coming all the way up to 2. 2. The Giants want to make the pick.
This would be good. I really would really prefer Barkley play out of the division.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Guys as I don't live in your neck of the woods when does the draft start? 2 hours from now till the actual picks?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Trevor Sikkema:
Rapoport just said on NFL Network, "I just talked to another GM who's known John Dorsey well, and he said, 'he's not taking Mayfield. I know that's false.'"

Rapsheet tweets back:

"I did say this. The point was, even with clear buzz between the Browns and Mayfield, other GMs are kinda like: 1. Yeah, we’ll see or 2. No way Dorsey takes him. 3 hours to go."

which tells me that Rapsheet has no idea at all and is a bit salty that someone else got a scoop on mayfield to the browns first and is covering his ass either way

ive noticed recently that rapsheet has been more frequently not first to the important scoops - i feel like maybe his kinda cocky demeanour maybe has started rubbing people the wrong way...

or maybe schefter is really just that good as an insider that hes been making rapsheet look bad recently

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I never understood why a team will keep the first overall pick a secret. Not like someone is going to trade ahead of you to take the guy you want.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I never understood why a team will keep the first overall pick a secret. Not like someone is going to trade ahead of you to take the guy you want.

it gives the guys at 2/3 less time to react to the pick which in turn means they might benefit come time to the 4th pick
also the last couple of years the first pick has been known well before the pick came in so i imagine the NFL might prefer the pick to remain secret and John Dorsey who's naturally secretive around draft picks has no incentive to share

that being said hue jackson is notoriously open and blustery about the picks...