• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 1st half, The Refs and The Collapse

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
They should put our LB group in a room and force them to watch the Ray Lewis highlight reel every day before practice and games. And oh yeah, put Mac in that room also. They need to get pissed off about something. Lol
Gotta get better players in that room starting this off-season. And no the answer is not wait on Bowser and Ojaboo to get healthy and hope they play well. Even if that were true, we still have a gaping hole at MLB.

A1A

Veteran
Ahhh yes another collapse...another year wasting away....next year tho harbs will get it together it's not his fault he doesn't run the offense or defense he's just the head coach lol

A1A

Veteran
It really breaks my heart cause I see it in real time have seen it for years but it's like am I on the Truman show here or something? I've said it before and people got a little chuckle out of it but at this point real talk I believe harbs should be investigated for point shaving. I saw a stat yesterday that showed something crazy like losing losing 10 straight games by less than 6 and 4 by less than 3 at home...how many times has harbs kept the greatest kicker on the bench? Ahh and here comes the dry throwing Lamar under the bus "I asked Lamar if he wanted to go for it and he said yes!" Yea coach when in the history of professional fb has a player said no coach let's kick it. Lol trade him for 2 first rounders? chit I'd be good with a 5th. This team literally needs no HC cause it seems the HC doesn't do anything except decideds when and when not to kick a FG

Last edited:

A1A

Veteran
Yesterday I saw BB tell his OC(s) stand back I'm taking over here... Like a real HC. harbs would have been like hey that's my problem I'm over here with the ST lol

A1A

Veteran
Peters is gone next year btw and harbs will keep dragging us down until he's finally fired and then it gets real fun cause we'll be in rebuild mode. Years wasted at least 2 SB's left on the table. See yall next year.

Simba

Staff Member
Peters is gone next year btw and harbs will drag us down for another year until he's finally fired and then it gets real fun cause we'll be in rebuild mode. Years wasted at least 2 SB's left on the table. See yall next year.
1664804684268.png

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yesterday I saw BB tell his OC(s) stand back I'm taking over here... Like a real HC. harbs would have been like hey that's my problem I'm over here with the ST lol
The Patriots lost, basically didn't score any points, and literally wouldn't let their QB throw the ball in critical spots.

Bill would have been better off letting whoever is coaching the offense take that lead.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Peters is gone next year btw and harbs will keep dragging us down for until he's finally fired and then it gets real fun cause we'll be in rebuild mode. Years wasted at least 2 SB's left on the table. See yall next year.
Cool. See ya next year.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Duv was wide the fuck open on that 4th down play. Like you can’t possibly get any more open than he was.

A1A

Veteran
Cool. See ya next year.
Make your jokes when they laughing at all of Raven Nation all over the radio this morning. Best secondary in the league in closed quarters...int sounds about right. Mckenzie out, ravens doing well shutting down the rest. Stupid is as stupid does.

A1A

Veteran
The Patriots lost, basically didn't score any points, and literally wouldn't let their QB throw the ball in critical spots.

Bill would have been better off letting whoever is coaching the offense take that lead.
Point is he tried, unlike harbs. Good (smart) coaches win those games.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Make your jokes when they laughing at all of Raven Nation all over the radio this morning. Best secondary in the league in closed quarters...int sounds about right. Mckenzie out, ravens doing well shutting down the rest. Stupid is as stupid does.
lol, its the radio. Only clowns and the unemployed listen to the radio. Couldn't give a shit less what they say. They're as bad as the fans... they go from great to terrible in an hour with their opinions.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Point is he tried, unlike harbs. Good (smart) coaches win those games.
Umm... he didn't try. Pretty obvious you didn't watch that game. The only thing Bill tried to do was to play for a tie and make sure his QB didn't turn the ball over in regulation.

His entire offensive philosophy in the 2nd half was "please don't throw an interception".
And he lost that game because of it.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I'm getting the general consensus is that the defense was good, but the Bills had costly drops consistently in the first half and of course the two turnovers.

I had a sinking feeling after the Bills scored right before half that it was a sign of more to come. The Bills, obviously, moved pretty effortlessly in the second half and really just abused the defense.

I find it kind of odd that they fixed their drops as the rain got heavier, but they did. And that seemed to be the difference for them.

I just didn't feel like the defense played well. It felt more like the Bills made critical mistakes and the Ravens caught breaks that, when corrected, would stop existing.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'm getting the general consensus is that the defense was good, but the Bills had costly drops consistently in the first half and of course the two turnovers.

I had a sinking feeling after the Bills scored right before half that it was a sign of more to come. The Bills, obviously, moved pretty effortlessly in the second half and really just abused the defense.

I find it kind of odd that they fixed their drops as the rain got heavier, but they did. And that seemed to be the difference for them.

I just didn't feel like the defense played well. It felt more like the Bills made critical mistakes and the Ravens caught breaks that, when corrected, would stop existing.
I've been saying exactly this since yesterday, but not many see it this way. People are generally saying the defense did well. I think they were actually atrocious and got bailed out by 7 poor execution plays by the Bills in the first half. Those went away and look what happened.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

I think overall box score wise they did.
I didn't like the pass rush, I didn't like the poor tackling, I thought we got pushed around up front on both sides of the ball, and I really hate the lack of open field tackling on Allen. I know he's a bear to bring down, but he pushed around some of our bigger guys multiple times.

Do agree though Ravens kept it closer through mistakes by Buffalo, namely dropped passes, turnovers, etc. BUT... same can be said about Bills.

People can point to the Ravens offense struggling in the 2nd half, but it started before that. We had a three and out on the last drive of the 1st half, and the drive before that, we completely stalled once we got into Buffalo territory, including Lamar taking (what I thought) was a pretty terrible sack on 2nd and 10 from the BUF 29. At the time it would have put us pretty close to out of FG range. Ravens really only had one TD drive of their own volition the whole day.

Meanwhile, Bills four of the last five drives for Buffalo were 76, 51, 80 and 77 yards. Lucky to give up only 20 points on those drives, and obviously Buffalo would have scored a TD if they wanted to at end of game.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've been saying exactly this since yesterday, but not many see it this way. People are generally saying the defense did well. I think they were actually atrocious and got bailed out by 7 poor execution plays by the Bills in the first half. Those went away and look what happened.
I don't think they were atrocious. I think they made some key situational stops and forced some turnovers. Also feel like they did a good job of limiting the big plays. I wouldn't say they were good, but I also grade it on a curve for who they were playing.

I think they look better than they probably were because the offense literally did nothing for like 2 hours of real time.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I love a feisty Jeff