• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Bengals

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
With the Bengals twitter account posting the highlights of Burrow's 525 yard game, one would think this, along with Burrow's comments saying that he loves playing us because we apparently talk so much shit to him, can be bulletin board for this defense to rise up to the occasion.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hope we win... I'm just getting mad watching this team waste Lamar's season and throw it down the drain. I'm even debating not going to Tampa if this BS keeps up.
Shut up and buy the tickets already. Lamar live is way better than on TV, first beer on me

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I saw this lolol. They're actually such annoying fans. But it's fine. If we toast them, it'll be even more sweet.
They’re always the most delusional fanbase, always. And they have no respect for the Ravens organization. You’d think they’re the ones with two super bowls and the MVP and multiple HoFers

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
They’re always the most delusional fanbase, always. And they have no respect for the Ravens organization. You’d think they’re the ones with two super bowls and the MVP and multiple HoFers
Look it's just an overreaction to them having any relevance at all. They've been only marginally better than the Browns for the last 2 decades. They've finally got Burrow and win some games so they're riding their high. Ravens fans are fortunate enough to never expect a losing season. Same usually can't be said for them

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Look it's just an overreaction to them having any relevance at all. They've been only marginally better than the Browns for the last 2 decades. They've finally got Burrow and win some games so they're riding their high. Ravens fans are fortunate enough to never expect a losing season. Same usually can't be said for them
They were like this with Dalton tho

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I still want an explanation on Proche. How can he have 5 snaps in a game where Bateman got hurt? If he's still not healthy that's one thing. If he's healthy and getting this playing time, then we knew all along we weren't going to ever use him and he's a total waste of a roster spot.

That means prior to DRob getting cut, EDC was thinking it's OK to run out there with only Bateman, Duv, and Wallace who also doesn't get snaps. Like what the fuck? That doesn't make any sense. Even with DRob we're only giving 3 WRs snaps and honestly it's dominanted by just 2. That's a literal recipe for disaster
I guess my question is... how many snaps do you think the 4th WR should be playing in this offense? He's clearly behind Bateman, Robinson, and Duvernay.

As I look at the breakdown, there's 70 offensive snaps. Andrews played 66 of them, so lets just call that all of them. Oliver and Likely combined to play 47, so that means we ran a minimum of 2+ TE sets on at least roughly 60% of our plays. Ricard also played 70% of the snaps.

So, at least based on allocation, a large portion of our packages either involved two RBs, two TEs, or both. A lot of that is the fact that a) we were leading or tied for most of the game and b) it's probably the formation we'd prefer to play against a lot of teams.

Reality is, pending being down and needing to play catch up, or having an unusually high 3-4 WR gameplan, there isn't much room for snaps for the 4th or 5th WR in this offense.

Injuries later in camp and in-season probably hurt his chances of overtaking Robinson, but his path to playing time will require injuries. Good chance he'll play more this week if Bateman sits, but I wouldn't expect that going forward.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I still want an explanation on Proche. How can he have 5 snaps in a game where Bateman got hurt? If he's still not healthy that's one thing. If he's healthy and getting this playing time, then we knew all along we weren't going to ever use him and he's a total waste of a roster spot.

That means prior to DRob getting cut, EDC was thinking it's OK to run out there with only Bateman, Duv, and Wallace who also doesn't get snaps. Like what the fuck? That doesn't make any sense. Even with DRob we're only giving 3 WRs snaps and honestly it's dominanted by just 2. That's a literal recipe for disaster
Also, for context, it's not really a "Proche" problem.
In weeks 2 & 3, when Proche was sidelined, the #4 WR, which was Wallace, played a total of 9 snaps, and all of them were in week 2. The Ravens only employed snaps for 3 actual WRs in week 3.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I saw this lolol. They're actually such annoying fans. But it's fine. If we toast them, it'll be even more sweet.
I feel this isn't a good representation of most Bengal fans. I know very few, but in my experience blue collar city fans are normally good people with a few bad apples like all fanbases. Perhaps @OURavensFan can correct me, but my brief experience with Cinci fans is pretty good.

Surprisingly, my favorite away games to attend are Pitt. They have some cool fans, ugly and fat as hell, but good salt of the earth folks.

Edit: Baltimore has some ugly fatties as well. Never realized how bad until I left the state and spent a few years in Cali and Florida. A+ girls in those states

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Bengals have beat Lamar Jackson one time and they think they came up with the blueprint. I swear man, we have got to win this game