• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Way-Too-Early Prospect Watch: 2019

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Question is - do we really want a pass rusher named Polite?
He doesnt play very Polite i can say that.

Hes a speed rusher and has excellent bend, a bit raw but his ability to win on the edge is unmatched. Hes gonna tear up the combine too and he is a bit raw but he does show some good football IQ

Sutton Smith is one little angry mosquito! The guy's on fire. Likely going to be a early day 3 pick or so due to size limitation and eventual lack of versatility (not many of those players are able to transition to a more complete Will LB like Schoebert). If I have to pick up one speedy, cheap fucker it's definitely him.

Also put RB James Williams of WSU in the future Ravens UFA list already.. I've seen this in the meatball I just had for dinner.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sutton Smith is one little angry mosquito! The guy's on fire. Likely going to be a early day 3 pick or so due to size limitation and eventual lack of versatility (not many of those players are able to transition to a more complete Will LB like Schoebert). If I have to pick up one speedy, cheap fucker it's definitely him.

Also put RB James Williams of WSU in the future Ravens UFA list already.. I've seen this in the meatball I just had for dinner.
I really like Chase Hansen as a LB. I think he’ll be a late pick but I really like the guy and I think he’s a sleeper

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we know that a bruising power back to grind it out between the tackles is how we attack defenses with lamar, Jacques Patrick and Qadree Ollison become intriguing late round prospects, like round 6-7 for a guy who has potential to convert from FB to RB in the mold of a Brandon Jacobs, guys are both 6’2” and 240+ and can hit the hole with ease and they run like their size would suggest, needs gang tackles and always grinding out extra yards.

Just read that PFF just 'awarded' my boy Zach Allen with "best bull rush" in College football fwiw.
Not too shabby.
On offense, the aforementioned James Williams was also named "best pass catching" RB. I honestly think there's more suited players for that kind of role (Henderson, Love, imho). The reasons I like him are mainly his patience, vision and low pads.. It's pretty hard to bring him down when he puts up those jukes.. Also, he's coming pretty cheap and with one great humbling story. Hard not to like him.
My comp for him is CJ Anderson.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just read that PFF just 'awarded' my boy Zach Allen with "best bull rush" in College football fwiw.
Not too shabby.
On offense, the aforementioned James Williams was also named "best pass catching" RB. I honestly think there's more suited players for that kind of role (Henderson, Love, imho). The reasons I like him are mainly his patience, vision and low pads.. It's pretty hard to bring him down when he puts up those jukes.. Also, he's coming pretty cheap and with one great humbling story. Hard not to like him.
My comp for him is CJ Anderson.
Love as a pass catching back. I know Stanford refuses to use him that way but id at least like to see some production before labeling him as a 3rd down option. Besides, he cant pass protect.....and im a huge Love advocate.

Love as a pass catching back. I know Stanford refuses to use him that way but id at least like to see some production before labeling him as a 3rd down option. Besides, he cant pass protect.....and im a huge Love advocate.

Why do I remember to see him as a new Kamara kind of back? I've watched plenty of his tapes last year and was sure he was a much bigger 3rd down contributor... Shoot man.. Do i have alzheimer already?

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why do I remember to see him as a new Kamara kind of back? I've watched plenty of his tapes last year and was sure he was a much bigger 3rd down contributor... Shoot man.. Do i have alzheimer already?
I see you are already deep into your evaluations. Are there any potential 3down dt we have a chance to draft? by 3down I mean adequate run stopper and above average pass rusher.

I see you are already deep into your evaluations. Are there any potential 3down dt we have a chance to draft? by 3down I mean adequate run stopper and above average pass rusher.
Gotta be honest.. Haven't watched any single tape of DTs not named Oliver and Williams.
I'll go on with the ED class until I've seen almost all of them and check some RBs as well.. I guess before April comes I'll have made myself an idea about interior dlinemen, too, but for now I really got none

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Tillery would be a great 5tech..but i feel were in need of more of a 3tech who can rush the passer. Id really like to have Rashan Gary. Either way they both have all pro potential
I disagree, I see a 3 tech in Tillery, he’s a one gapper and a great penetrator. If anything Gary is the 5 tech because he 2 gaps and does better against single blocks with a chance to turn the corner. I think the body type is distorting your view of him a bit since he’s long and kinda lean, if Tillery is a 5tech than so is Simmons.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know d’andre swift isn’t eligible for next year’s draft. But man, he’s going to be good

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I disagree, I see a 3 tech in Tillery, he’s a one gapper and a great penetrator. If anything Gary is the 5 tech because he 2 gaps and does better against single blocks with a chance to turn the corner. I think the body type is distorting your view of him a bit since he’s long and kinda lean, if Tillery is a 5tech than so is Simmons.
True. I mean Tillery is 6'7 so he kinda fits the body type of a 5tech

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
True. I mean Tillery is 6'7 so he kinda fits the body type of a 5tech
That’s what I’m saying lol, but 5 techs are usually a lot more stout with their anchor and handle 2 gaps with the threat of an edge rush, Tillery is a straight up pusher/penetrator on the inside.