• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Way-Too-Early Prospect Watch: 2019

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tua’s and murray’s Stats are pretty similar. Tua is doing this in the SEC. I give him the nod.
Be awesome if they meet in the playoffs. The top 2 heisman candidate going at it.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Is Jerry Tillery gonna be in our range? Because I’m pretty sold on him being a perfect fit to generate the interior rush we so desperately need

Taze

Practice Squad
Two things to consider with WRs: Should 100% be an outside receiver with Snead, Hurst and Andrews already filling the slot role and all three under contract for awhile. And #2, we need receivers who excel when the play breaks down. There's gonna be a ton of extended impromptu plays with Lamar and we need smart receivers who can get open, find soft spots in coverage, make sideline catches etc. It's kind of an innate ability that's hard to measure, but there's definitely some guys who just excel at it.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Two things to consider with WRs: Should 100% be an outside receiver with Snead, Hurst and Andrews already filling the slot role and all three under contract for awhile. And #2, we need receivers who excel when the play breaks down. There's gonna be a ton of extended impromptu plays with Lamar and we need smart receivers who can get open, find soft spots in coverage, make sideline catches etc. It's kind of an innate ability that's hard to measure, but there's definitely some guys who just excel at it.
AKA Deebo Samuel.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Deebo is a really smart player, without question, but he had a really bad break last year and I wouldn’t want that to be the type of injury that could affect him down the road.
He seems to be holding up fairly well though this season. Everything looks like he's had a full recovery and is 100% again. He's still making plays like this on that leg:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I think Lamar would like to reunite with his boy Jaylen Smith and we probably wouldn't have to spend early pick on him.
Also, AJ Brown is still high on my wish list.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think Lamar would like to reunite with his boy Jaylen Smith and we probably wouldn't have to spend early pick on him.
I haven’t checked out Jaylen Smith much, except for the film I watched of Lamar. I know LJs receivers dropped a lot of balls last year. What are Jaylen Smiths hands like

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Smith has some interesting physical abilities and the potential to be a good NFL WR. I certainly wouldn't mind grabbing someone like him in the 3rd.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I haven’t checked out Jaylen Smith much, except for the film I watched of Lamar. I know LJs receivers dropped a lot of balls last year. What are Jaylen Smiths hands like
I haven't seen him this year but from Jackson's days at L'ville I remember good hands and pretty good yac ability. Strong guy.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Deebo Samuel is that guy 100% but he does have an ugly injury history, without that I think he’s a top 20 pick.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’ve thought of that as well, jaylen smith made a LOOOT of big catches from lamar, he’s the one that always jumped off the film when you watched lamar

rossihunter2

Staff Member

he was a good fit - wasnt in love with his consistency of catching but i admittedly havent watched a single louisville game this year - so this impression just comes from all the lamar tape i watched last year

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really like Gary Jennings WR from WV. Guys gonna be a very productive pro and i feel he could be had on day 2 of the draft.

Runs clean crisp routes, good speed, and has reliable hands. Thats the best attribute in todays NFL. Create seperation with effective route running

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jachai Polite is a freakng animal off the edge. Just watched him vs Miss st and LSU and they really struggled to block him on the outside. Kid looks like he could develop into a great NFL pass rusher

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
This draft seems to be VERY deep at pass rusher. Interior and on the edge, if you need dlineman and edge rushers. This is the year to do it.