• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Way-Too-Early Prospect Watch: 2019

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Incoming blasphemy:
Raekwon Davis might be my #1 overall prospect, he’s bypassed ed Oliver.
latest

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't know about #1 overall but he is pretty good. One of those you can just tell will be good in pros.
#1 feels far fetched to me, but Oliver was my #1 and I’m struggling to keep him above Raekwon, so what does that make Raekwon lol.

Btw I still think Devin White is in running for my #1. That boy is ridiculous

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I know we're mostly talking next draft in this thread but I am really impressed with couple sophomores - safety Xavier McKinney (Tide) and Colorado WR Laviska Shenault.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I know we're mostly talking next draft in this thread but I am really impressed with couple sophomores - safety Xavier McKinney (Tide) and Colorado WR Laviska Shenault.
May you should open up a thread 2020 Draft and Beyond or Way Way too early...

Icy

Practice Squad
I hope we take one of the three David Montgomery, Justice Hill, or Devin Singletary. I think we let Alex walk in FA. He fumbles too much. If we can get someone like N’Keal Harry and one of these guys plus a steal at OL. This offense is scary.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I figured out why I liked Damien Harris so much. He's a slower Ray Rice. He's a shifty bowling ball with good open field cutting ability, vision, receiving ability, and he's a goddamn bowling ball to boot.. I take it back, that dude could damn well be a pro bowler here and a workhorse at the NFL level.

@rossihunter2

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Montez sweat has fun tape, that boy fucking FLIES! Reminds me of Leonard Floyd as a prospect, except Floyd played a shitload of stand up LB inside and out, but the edge rushing and measurable are pretty spot on, just raw explosive yet very effective speed rush from the edge, he is just incredibly fast off the ball. Haven’t noticed the least bit of flexibility or bend though, need to watch more.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hope we take one of the three David Montgomery, Justice Hill, or Devin Singletary. I think we let Alex walk in FA. He fumbles too much. If we can get someone like N’Keal Harry and one of these guys plus a steal at OL. This offense is scary.

N’keal harry would be nice in the middle / back of the first round. We don’t have a 2nd round pick anymore, so got to look for 3rd+ round rbs. I think David Montgomery is not going to make it to the 3rd sadly.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Collins is a RFA I doubt we won't tag him. But Justice Hill, Harris or Montgomery are definitely RBs I hope we target early.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I figured out why I liked Damien Harris so much. He's a slower Ray Rice. He's a shifty bowling ball with good open field cutting ability, vision, receiving ability, and he's a goddamn bowling ball to boot.. I take it back, that dude could damn well be a pro bowler here and a workhorse at the NFL level.

@rossihunter2

i dont know what value id put on him yet but stylistically he's a really nice fit for joe (if we keep joe of course - but i assume we are keeping joe)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
say we win it all this year, just for draft boards sake and putting us at the end of the first, what’s the best and worst case.

For me I think the best case is Damien Harris if we’re that low, this feels like a win now mentality and to do that you gotta get starpower players or just flat out BPA(an OL could be the better player but you’re not getting star power there, if you get what I’m saying) and it feels like we could finally draft for PURE best player and just get a stud, with no regard for need. Something I’ve been waiting for for so long. I can look at every position, and i can get excited when we get a falling stud prospect even if it’s a position we don’t need

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
say we win it all this year, just for draft boards sake and putting us at the end of the first, what’s the best and worst case.

For me I think the best case is Damien Harris if we’re that low, this feels like a win now mentality and to do that you gotta get starpower players or just flat out BPA(an OL could be the better player but you’re not getting star power there, if you get what I’m saying) and it feels like we could finally draft for PURE best player and just get a stud, with no regard for need. Something I’ve been waiting for for so long. I can look at every position, and i can get excited when we get a falling stud prospect even if it’s a position we don’t need
And we'd have to take Harris there because we don't have 2nd rounder next year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
And we'd have to take Harris there because we don't have 2nd rounder next year.
Yep, I’d be fine with it. Harris looks like a day one franchise back to me and the perfect kinda guy for this team. He’s a low center of gravity powerhouse with more than enough shiftiness, finds the hole well, cuts hard to hit the hole quickly. He’s got all the pro traits, from what I’ve seen. I need to watch him more, I’ve focused mostly on OL and DT this year, I’m gonna start studying up on the RBs heavy.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yep, I’d be fine with it. Harris looks like a day one franchise back to me and the perfect kinda guy for this team. He’s a low center of gravity powerhouse with more than enough shiftiness, finds the hole well, cuts hard to hit the hole quickly. He’s got all the pro traits, from what I’ve seen. I need to watch him more, I’ve focused mostly on OL and DT this year, I’m gonna start studying up on the RBs heavy.
Yep, he's good. Before last season he completely changed a diet and you could tell on long runs - in 2016 he'd make good yards but defense would eventually catch up with him for a tackle. Last year and this, there's no stopping him. Also hard to drop on first contact and has more than decent hands. Very good in pass protection. Complete back.

Oh, has great initials, too!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yep, he's good. Before last season he completely changed a diet and you could tell on long runs - in 2016 he'd make good yards but defense would eventually catch up with him for a tackle. Last year and this, there's no stopping him. Also hard to drop on first contact and has more than decent hands. Very good in pass protection. Complete back.

Oh, has great initials, too!
Holy shit I’m watching his game vs ole miss and you’re right, he gained a fucking gear and a half this year! He’s went from power back to fucking home run hitter. I didn’t know he could gain this much speed. I love his momentum, he takes off so quick when he sees his opening and he runs like a fucking truck in top gear