• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Way-Too-Early Prospect Watch: 2019

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Holy shit I’m watching his game vs ole miss and you’re right, he gained a fucking gear and a half this year! He’s went from power back to fucking home run hitter. I didn’t know he could gain this much speed. I love his momentum, he takes off so quick when he sees his opening and he runs like a fucking truck in top gear

One other important thing - Bama changed the offense a lot - he'll have pretty lean year in terms of usage. Jacobs and the other Harris also get to play quite a bit.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
One other important thing - Bama changed the offense a lot - he'll have pretty lean year in terms of usage. Jacobs and the other Harris also get to play quite a bit.
Good. Save the mileage for us.

And the best news is, at this rate the Steelers probably won’t draft him to replace bell, as they’ll be eyeing up Devin white or greedy Williams or another cb likely in the top 10 lol

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

And the best news is, at this rate the Steelers probably won’t draft him to replace bell, as they’ll be eyeing up Devin white or greedy Williams or another cb likely in the top 10 lol
Steelers need to go D again but that will work only if they get rid of Tomlin. His idea of the defensive NFL player is wrong.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Steelers need to go D again but that will work only if they get rid of Tomlin. His idea of the defensive NFL player is wrong.
They have an obsession with taking defensive players everyone sees as a late 2nd round project. TJ watt and shazier are the only defenders they’ve gotten right in recent memory, and even with shazier the consensus was that Mosley was the better LB.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
They have an obsession with taking defensive players everyone sees as a late 2nd round project. TJ watt and shazier are the only defenders they’ve gotten right in recent memory, and even with shazier the consensus was that Mosley was the better LB.
Yep. It seems like Tomlin doesn't watch any tape pre-draft. Picks them on stats and measurables. Athleticism before IQ, no matter which round.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Holy shit I’m watching his game vs ole miss and you’re right, he gained a fucking gear and a half this year! He’s went from power back to fucking home run hitter. I didn’t know he could gain this much speed. I love his momentum, he takes off so quick when he sees his opening and he runs like a fucking truck in top gear
Scouting a RB against Ole Miss is probably the worst thing you could do to get a proper opinion.

Sounds like us drafting WRs...

We should just draft every position except WR, all our best receivers have been acquisitions.

Also speaking on measurables, Derek Barnett is 10 times the player Solomon Thomas is and only half the athlete. Dereks on pace for double digit sacks.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Scouting a RB against Ole Miss is probably the worst thing you could do to get a proper opinion.
You run the same in the open field no matter who you’re facing. I was just looking for 2018 film on YouTube and that was the first game on the list

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
You can scout him vs any team last and this year. It's always the same - he's very good back.
I know he's good. I'm just saying Ole Miss always a knack for making RBs look like the next AP. Fournette, Guice, Kerryon, they all put up Madden numbers on them. That's not to criticize Harris of course.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
What are your thoughts on hunter renfroe in the 4th? Willie snead in the slot has been a big part of the success of the offense this year. Renfroe has a lot of experience there and we're thin behind snead.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

and any cb they draft is a bust, kind of like we don't draft good WR talent, they don't draft good DB talent.

Icy

Practice Squad
Collins is a RFA I doubt we won't tag him. But Justice Hill, Harris or Montgomery are definitely RBs I hope we target early.
im not sure how that works. would we get a comp pick for him if he left ?

Icy

Practice Squad
N’keal harry would be nice in the middle / back of the first round. We don’t have a 2nd round pick anymore, so got to look for 3rd+ round rbs. I think David Montgomery is not going to make it to the 3rd sadly.
i was hoping we could make a deal with the colts like the one we did with the ealges since they have 2 second rd picks. idk the value on those picks tho