• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Way-Too-Early Prospect Watch: 2019

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Gaskin reminds me so much of Collins in how he runs and it'd be nice having the two of them switching in and out to stay fresh.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Really like Dre’Mont Jones OSU and Jeffery Simmons Miss St. they could provide the interior pressure we’ve been lacking the past few years
Offensive line is much more important at this point, Willie Henry will help us with interior pressure and we shall be ok this season. Unfortunately playing the Bengals in their house on a Thursday wasn’t a great representation. Let’s play this out.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Offensive line is much more important at this point, Willie Henry will help us with interior pressure and we shall be ok this season. Unfortunately playing the Bengals in their house on a Thursday wasn’t a great representation. Let’s play this out.
This draft better be nothing but offense again. Mostly the line. Lamar Jackson is going to get killed if we put fucking Skura at C. We need a C, and a G to replace Yanda down the line, and not some sad excuse for a player like Jermaine, who was nothing more than a chance pick.

I'd take the C from Stanford in the first if he's there. I know we don't have a second rounder, but third rounder I wouldn't be surprised if we took 2 Gs. Enough is enough. We need to build this offensive line up. No excuses. Ozzie better be happy he's retiring because if we miss the playoffs, the oline is going to be the primary reason, and if we do that, we are going to clean house, and he'd be a part of that.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
This draft better be nothing but offense again. Mostly the line. Lamar Jackson is going to get killed if we put fucking Skura at C. We need a C, and a G to replace Yanda down the line, and not some sad excuse for a player like Jermaine, who was nothing more than a chance pick.

I'd take the C from Stanford in the first if he's there. I know we don't have a second rounder, but third rounder I wouldn't be surprised if we took 2 Gs. Enough is enough. We need to build this offensive line up. No excuses. Ozzie better be happy he's retiring because if we miss the playoffs, the oline is going to be the primary reason, and if we do that, we are going to clean house, and he'd be a part of that.

I’d rather build up the OL with out early picks. Two of the three, assuming we get a 3rd with the Jensen pick
I’m all about building up the OL trust me but it just depends on who is there. A top end safety, an awesome pass rusher OLB, my boy Parris Campbell depending on his year, an awesome OL—I’ll take any of those and won’t be greedy. There’s some good linemen coming out and I’d personally target guys from Wisconsin. OL aren’t what they used to be but some schools still know how to breed them. Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Iowa—all places I trust for OL. But I’m not married to taking an OL in the first if a better talent is there. We need help everywhere.

Tyler Biadasz from Wisconsin looks like a future all-pro at center

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
#92 Roll Tide is on my watch list. RS sophomore, might benefit from another season in college but very interesting D lineman. Has all the tools to develop into great 3T.
Quinnen Williams.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
#92 Roll Tide is on my watch list. RS sophomore, might benefit from another season in college but very interesting D lineman. Has all the tools to develop into great 3T.
Quinnen Williams.
How about DE/OLB Terrell Lewis? Maybe he’ll be a combination of Terrell Suggs and Ray Lewis? The passion, motivation, and instincts of Ray combined with the explosiveness and strength and speed of Terrell Suggs!

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
How about DE/OLB Terrell Lewis? Maybe he’ll be a combination of Terrell Suggs and Ray Lewis? The passion, motivation, and instincts of Ray combined with the explosiveness and strength and speed of Terrell Suggs!
I need to see more of him, injured a lot so far in career.
I'm mostly watching DL though. Jennings, Davis and Williams are pretty impressive, let's see how will they hold vs real opposition.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bama S Deionte Thompson is the best CF in football. Excellent instincts, good tackler, great range and knows how to read the offense. Fuck OL we need an elite S

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I need to see more of him, injured a lot so far in career.
I'm mostly watching DL though. Jennings, Davis and Williams are pretty impressive, let's see how will they hold vs real opposition.
That was meant to be a joke hence the Suggs Ray combo. Yeah he’s been injured a lot.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m all about building up the OL trust me but it just depends on who is there. A top end safety, an awesome pass rusher OLB, my boy Parris Campbell depending on his year, an awesome OL—I’ll take any of those and won’t be greedy. There’s some good linemen coming out and I’d personally target guys from Wisconsin. OL aren’t what they used to be but some schools still know how to breed them. Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Iowa—all places I trust for OL. But I’m not married to taking an OL in the first if a better talent is there. We need help everywhere.
I agree with this, Stanford is also good for OL

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
So, CBS's latest mock has us picking at 25 and grabbing Zach Allen, DE from Boston College. I'd be pretty happy with bringing in another good pass rusher. Age will eventually catch up with Suggs and Allen can play a similar role. That said, they had Deebo Samuel being picked right after us, and that would suck.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Don't shoot me for this @allblackraven

Damein Harris is my #1 overall back for this class. I like Bryce Love but he's not Saquon tier at all as a prospect and I highly question his abilities in pass protection and on third down.

But LJ Scott is my #1 back for this team. His versatility, his vision in this scheme, and the fact that I think he's an underrated athlete on the football field. I'd be highly tempted to take him at the back and of the first round. I think he's a perfect future compliment to Lamar Jackson, a very good compliment to Alex Collins, and could instantly start on this team.

And Scott is more of a 2nd-3rd round guy but for this team I could easily see him posting some good production and numbers.

I'd ultimately be disappointing though if we did not go oline heavy. It's not LG I am worried about, you can get away with having a weaker one. We need to find a C and a replacement for Yanda long term. This looks like a good draft to do both.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Don't shoot me for this @allblackraven

Damein Harris is my #1 overall back for this class. I like Bryce Love but he's not Saquon tier at all as a prospect and I highly question his abilities in pass protection and on third down.

But LJ Scott is my #1 back for this team. His versatility, his vision in this scheme, and the fact that I think he's an underrated athlete on the football field. I'd be highly tempted to take him at the back and of the first round. I think he's a perfect future compliment to Lamar Jackson, a very good compliment to Alex Collins, and could instantly start on this team.

And Scott is more of a 2nd-3rd round guy but for this team I could easily see him posting some good production and numbers.

I'd ultimately be disappointing though if we did not go oline heavy. It's not LG I am worried about, you can get away with having a weaker one. We need to find a C and a replacement for Yanda long term. This looks like a good draft to do both.
I won't shoot you.
I like Harris but I also think he'll go earlier than he should. Not yet sure how will the class stack up but very late 2nd is the most I'd give for him and only if there isn't much to choose from in other positions.
Then again, there aren't too many RBs I'd pick before the 3rd round. No value, really.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I won't shoot you.
I like Harris but I also think he'll go earlier than he should. Not yet sure how will the class stack up but very late 2nd is the most I'd give for him and only if there isn't much to choose from in other positions.
Then again, there aren't too many RBs I'd pick before the 3rd round. No value, really.

fine i'll shoot him for you - damien harris is a great fit on this team...

buck allen likely gone in free agency means we have a hole coming out of the backfield and harris offers 3 down back type play with homerun type possibilities - that's an incredible piece to add to this offence especially as our passing game develops

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Man, I don’t want to, but I like marquise brown.

It worries me that his type of receiver doesn’t always pan out, for every tyreek hill you have multiple tavon austins and Philip dorsetts, and I feel he’s not the type we need, but I still really like him. I think he’s much more likely to be a tyreek hill than the other 2 names.